Is it possiblke to re-code an esc for fwd/rev operation? - RC Groups
Aug 17, 2010, 07:06 PM
Discussion

Is it possiblke to re-code an esc for fwd/rev operation?

I really need some escs that can run on 4 to 6 cel lipos that can run in fwd and reverse...

Only thing I 've found commercially is the mamba max pro, and it is way overkill, in that all I need is around 30 to 35 amps max

With you guys re-flashing airplane/heli escs, I am wondering if the code can be modified so as to spin the opposite way thru software??

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2010, 07:16 PM
Yes, very possible. It's just a matter of sequencing through the commutation table backwards. If you take a look at the various mods found here and around the web (perhaps for the I2C interface ones) you will see how to do it.

Andy
Aug 17, 2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Yes, very possible. It's just a matter of sequencing through the commutation table backwards. If you take a look at the various mods found here and around the web (perhaps for the I2C interface ones) you will see how to do it.

Andy
Thanks I'll look into it...but I believe it's all in assembly....
Aug 18, 2010, 07:01 AM
There are many designs for DIY ESC's, start there for ideas.
..a
Aug 18, 2010, 10:29 AM
I'd much prefer to be able to re-code existing escs if possible....
Aug 19, 2010, 04:36 AM
There are cheaper options than Mamba Max pro if you want a reversing ESC.

Although it can only handle 4S LiPo this one is significantly cheaper:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=11743
Aug 19, 2010, 04:55 AM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
there are pulso, Xpower and 2 other brand ESC's that are the same unit, with fwd reverse. They look very similar to the standard air craft esc's If I had any idea how to I would pull the code and reprogram air ESCs.

Nick
Aug 19, 2010, 10:12 AM
I am hoping to be able to use/modify Quark's code for the towerpros