Mar 06, 2011, 12:07 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Nice guys ! I find the video link kind of good.

Art, I'm almost feeling sick...what a rollercoaster ride Also you ow to do something with that windshield on the kadet...deform the vision too much if you put it on the plane ?

Great to see the screen on the Aiptek so big. And you got another monitor now ? Any reason ?

Balsabuster, nice landing.

When on the highway today, I kept looking at places to fly...can't get FPV out of me
You should've been watching through the googles!
I flew all the flights with the goggles today, I really like them.

I had everything FPV connected today, just wanted to try it all. I have a 800x600 DVD player that's a 9 inch screen, much nicer than the Haier, but not as handy.

I hear you, I'm on the look out for FPV sites all the time myself, I think I need more practice before venturing into the unknown.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2011, 01:19 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Also you ow to do something with that windshield on the kadet...deform the vision too much if you put it on the plane ?
The windscreen that came with the Kadet is orange!!!
Mar 06, 2011, 01:21 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Had a couple of great flights with the Kadet today, It's flying very nicely now. Surprising how well 650 watts pulls it around. Next I want to follow Chuck's Telemaster around and get some air to air video of it. Had some fun adding sound effects to the video, it's unedited, sorry for some long pauses of inactivity, some nasty static at the end also.

Nitroplanes Senior 60 cockpit view FPV (14 min 9 sec)
Mar 06, 2011, 03:18 AM
Certifiable
Question @ > balsabuster2004..
I really liked that Cam view angle in your last video, What lense is that?..2.97? forgive me if i have missed that detail somewhere in this thread Thank you!
...and maybe they were testing H.A.R.P up north in Ak causing Art's & your static woes lol..(thats my theory and i'm sticking to it)
Mar 06, 2011, 03:28 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
Interesting... did sound like there is some sound from motor/esc.
My stsatic seemed to be related to motor speed, maybe those solar flares they've been talking about?

(Bone Head) Oh well, was my first FPV aerobatics

Know where I can get one of those co-pilots??
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004
I was getting glitches when the motor wasn't running.
what a landing Art

I disagree with the static...I personally think it happened at regular (ish) intervals with almost rythmic pulses....I wonder if a cell phone is involved ? before tearing things apart, fly the plane once more when no one is around ...

As far as co-pilots are concerned, not my cup of tea, this is the equivalent of someone sharing control with you...I like to be in control. I hear the sensorless gyro based ones are quite good but expensive too
http://www.bevrc.com/bevfy20a-ii-fli...vers-p-61.html

Comparison FY20A Stabilisation Mode 1 / Mode 3 in windy conditions (0 min 58 sec)
Last edited by rcmonster99; Mar 06, 2011 at 03:47 AM.
Mar 06, 2011, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacono Air
Question @ > balsabuster2004..
I really liked that Cam view angle in your last video, What lense is that?..2.97? forgive me if i have missed that detail somewhere in this thread Thank you!
Here are the specs on the camera. Says 3.6mm. Says 65 degrees angle. Not sure that's right. Looks to be more in the 50+ degrees angle.

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/pr...y-0.01Lux.html
Mar 06, 2011, 08:31 AM
Certifiable
Thanks! balsabuster, I am going to pick up one of those Cam's right 'o way.
that wide angle looks just about right to me - not too overkill.
Mar 06, 2011, 09:23 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Cool flight Art ! I am in with Rcmonster: Very nice landing !

I dig the scale view with tilt and pan. Looking down and seeing the wheel is like in a real one. Are you still flying buddy box ?
Mar 06, 2011, 09:25 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
The windscreen that came with the Kadet is orange!!!
Yea, not that great...would feel like you're flying a Doritos

Yep goggles are great, would like to try your to see the better definition. Wonder if it shows since the source is standard and lower than our goggles are supposed to be.
Mar 06, 2011, 09:31 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
RCMonster thanks for posting that stabilization video. Works great ! I was wondering why pilots would use them, thought it was to help them fly but it is really to stabilize the image. Another gadget, not enough money, not enough space in the AXN...unless I want it to look like the space station
Mar 06, 2011, 10:11 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacono Air
Thanks! balsabuster, I am going to pick up one of those Cam's right 'o way.
that wide angle looks just about right to me - not too overkill.
Same camera that's in the Big Red Bus. Pretty good for the money, works much better than the HK stock one, and it's in a nice case, and I use the mounting bracket as a pivot for tilt.
Mar 06, 2011, 10:19 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Cool flight Art ! I am in with Rcmonster: Very nice landing !

I dig the scale view with tilt and pan. Looking down and seeing the wheel is like in a real one. Are you still flying buddy box ?
Was a pretty good landing wasn't it? (pat's self on the back)
I wish I had a LOS camera video of it. Hopefully there will be plenty more of them.

Buddy box? Oh ya, buddy box, sure carguy, we use it all the time... right Chuck?
Last edited by Art Newland; Mar 06, 2011 at 05:55 PM.
Mar 06, 2011, 10:41 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Interesting thing about the static is there really isn't any with the Kadet flights.
Mar 06, 2011, 10:57 AM
Balsa addict
Really like the cockpit view, and same as above, beautiful approach & landing.

Cheers, Kev.
Mar 06, 2011, 12:58 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Buddy box? Oh ya, buddy box, sure carguy, we use it all the time... right Chuck?
You dare devil ! Now maybe I can wish for a flight over that river ?

Quick Reply