Jun 11, 2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Looks good Paj!

I think my next step is to get simonk firmware on my F-30A escs.
I tried flying with the GoPro on board, under flying loads, one of the props slightly ticks on the camera case. The GoPro is mounted off center to get the lens in the middle, probably wont make any difference to shift it over a bit.
You should move it. It is fraction of an inch move, so video wise I don't think you will have an issue, but not moving it might damage your prop or it's baancing over time.

Mine motor distance is 19.25" so I think I will not have that issue. Props I want to use are 10x45, so I have 5" on one side, 5 on the other, and that left me 9.25 in the middle clear of any prop.

What is your motor distance, and how do you get one touching the camera.

Another thing, since you use the GoPro for FPV, have you made a hole in your camera casing to be able to use the live feed? isn't that make it not waterproof anymore, or you don't care about that.

I am trying to figure out how to avoid damaging the casing and yet use the Goro for FPV. I saw some plywood casings, but my concern is also the lens protection, which those are not offering. Also, I have seen the only lens protection, with velcro tape, but then the mounting of the GoPro has to be done with rubber tape. Any suggestion, anyone?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2012, 11:48 PM
Is flashing HobbyKing Plush 18A ESCs with SimonK firmware too complicated? Have you done it on those ones before?
Jun 11, 2012, 11:52 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Yes, I'll move it. I did try to fly it with gopro, just barely tapping on the case so only did a quick hover. Does prove no props in the view. Mine is 365mm square. Yes, hole in the case, I have two, one is still water tight.

Hcopter gopro (0 min 23 sec)
Jun 11, 2012, 11:54 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate View Post
Is flashing HobbyKing Plush 18A ESCs with SimonK firmware too complicated? Have you done it on those ones before?
I have done it with Dynam and proton, they are the same as plush. They have to be old enough to use ATMEL mP.
Jun 12, 2012, 02:12 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
If you get a chance to find out, please let me know.
I remembered now....it's a hoverfly board
Jun 12, 2012, 08:01 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Art, my GP case is centered on the BSRC tricopter, wich offsets the lens to the left. You can see in my vids that the left prop is always more in the view than the right. No impact on flying.

Pajo, check this to protect your lens ? lighter than the case. I dont use anything on the tricopter, but use the front part of the case on the skywalker.
Jun 12, 2012, 08:33 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
I remembered now....it's a hoverfly board
Yes, those are spendy.
Jun 12, 2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajonate View Post
Another thing, since you use the GoPro for FPV, have you made a hole in your camera casing to be able to use the live feed? isn't that make it not waterproof anymore, or you don't care about that.

I am trying to figure out how to avoid damaging the casing and yet use the Goro for FPV. I saw some plywood casings, but my concern is also the lens protection, which those are not offering. Also, I have seen the only lens protection, with velcro tape, but then the mounting of the GoPro has to be done with rubber tape. Any suggestion, anyone?
Art - have you tried the skeleton case Gopro makes? That's what I used then I used the GP for fpv on my plane. I also have the velcro lens cover only mount for my heli mount - it's pretty slick too.
Jun 12, 2012, 12:43 PM

Warbirds over Washougal

Art doesn't just fly multicopters & fixed wing FPV. He's also heading up this event:

http://www.fpmc.org/wow/index.html
Jun 12, 2012, 01:07 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Art doesn't just fly multicopters & fixed wing FPV. He's also heading up this event:

http://www.fpmc.org/wow/index.html
Of course, a P-40 on the homepage I'd like to go, but a bit far
Jun 12, 2012, 01:19 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Old HK camera - waiting on new Security2000 camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFp88...1&feature=plcp
Sorry I'm late on this one What happened to the scale cabin view ? Was much better from a "I like that scale view from BB's plane" perspective ! Nice landing though, pretty smooth. That camera gives a bleached picture, I have one as a spare, never tried it. Come to think of it, lots of things I have never tried (FPV anyway...)
Jun 12, 2012, 01:22 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Yes, that reminds me, I better get a couple of warbirds ready!
Car guys, but you could win 50 bucks!
Jun 12, 2012, 03:25 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
I have a Sig Dornier DO-217 I could fly there. Nice little twin. Was quite "fun" to build also. 50 bucks...that would offset the multi K $ airplane ticket
Jun 12, 2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
I have done it with Dynam and proton, they are the same as plush. They have to be old enough to use ATMEL mP.
Mine are probably a newer ones, I got them couple of months ago. How do you know if they can use ATMEL mP (this is Chinese to me, lol, apologies to all Chinese readers of this thread)

When I have more money to spent I might get these:
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/erc_rapid...ueryId=3683659

I don't know do I have skills for doing this.

BTW, re 5.8 antennas, are you gonna make a skewer planar antenna for the VRx? It should be 4 lobe antenna right? Or if you have a link to share,maybe?
Jun 12, 2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Art, my GP case is centered on the BSRC tricopter, wich offsets the lens to the left. You can see in my vids that the left prop is always more in the view than the right. No impact on flying.

Pajo, check this to protect your lens ? lighter than the case. I dont use anything on the tricopter, but use the front part of the case on the skywalker.
Thx, CG.
That is a good solution (I've seen it already). Also, I have seen that amazon has a full housing for GoPro for $28, where the RCmadeRC one is $24 sans lens ($20 more for pair of lenses). So, if the weight is not an issue, amazon's deal is better choice.

Quick Reply