New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:00 PM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
I must admit, I have a case full of lipos , I feel like I am carrying a few Kilowatts with me at the field....
I guess that case will glow in the dark
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:17 PM
carguy1994ca is offline
Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
I must admit, I have a case full of lipos , I feel like I am carrying a few Kilowatts with me at the field....
I guess that case will glow in the dark
Lets just hope it doesn't short, or YOU will glow too
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:37 PM
Art Newland is offline
Find More Posts by Art Newland
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
I plan on building my own pan and tilt, ordered some parts from servocity. It's a 2 to 1 gear ratio, would like to have at least 270 degress of pan.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:12 AM
madmike8 is offline
Find More Posts by madmike8
Registered User
madmike8's Avatar
If I did my homework correctly... I either did something bright or stupid. I searched for High quality Security cameras and found Wren to make some great ones... Basically same specs as the SN555 cameras... So, I found a sell on ebay for 3 with a 3.6mm lease for about $10 shipped each... Good deal or not remains to be seen...
I'll let you all know after I get them in... I'm having a problem with the shielding on my coax taking solder, so I have to either buy some flux or cleaner or both... Until, I get that solved... no Patch... IBCrazy sells a completed Ground Plane antenna for $20... I might do that also... I'm still waiting to hear how the diversity setup works for you Art...
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:49 AM
carguy1994ca is offline
Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
I plan on building my own pan and tilt, ordered some parts from servocity. It's a 2 to 1 gear ratio, would like to have at least 270 degress of pan.
Looked at their site, nice ! I found their servo stretcher, would work nice for me, get 180 deg with pan. I think I will order one. Found it also on readymade rc for 5 $ less though. And RMRC has the 3 and 4 wires for my camera and receiver to make custom cables.

I also received a DIY extension kit I found in Canada at ThunderboltRC. Nice ratchet crimp tool, twisted silicon (very flexible) servo wire and gold plated connectors. Cool for FPV wires and cable. They also carry ashlock connectors, they lock when conencted and they have conenctors for joining multiple servos togheter like in my Twin Otter: I'll connect ailerons and flaps with only one connector.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:02 PM
carguy1994ca is offline
Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Received the Haier TV this morning, it is charging just now ! Battery had no juice from the factory, although it was cold in the UPS truck and maybe it was just that.

Had a coule minutes on lunch time to try it with the FPV camera, looks good for the price.

I'm happy

I'll try it at work tonight on the Mini Mauler
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:23 PM
Art Newland is offline
Find More Posts by Art Newland
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike8 View Post
If I did my homework correctly... I either did something bright or stupid. I searched for High quality Security cameras and found Wren to make some great ones... Basically same specs as the SN555 cameras... So, I found a sell on ebay for 3 with a 3.6mm lease for about $10 shipped each... Good deal or not remains to be seen...
I'll let you all know after I get them in... I'm having a problem with the shielding on my coax taking solder, so I have to either buy some flux or cleaner or both... Until, I get that solved... no Patch... IBCrazy sells a completed Ground Plane antenna for $20... I might do that also... I'm still waiting to hear how the diversity setup works for you Art...
Gonna share a URL for the cameras?

I had the same trouble with the coax (RG-6) I hacked it together by splitting the shielding into two parts, crimping eyelets to the shielding then soldering the eyelets to the back of the antenna... suprisingly, seemed to work as good as my GP patch with the SMA connectors.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:29 PM
Art Newland is offline
Find More Posts by Art Newland
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Received the Haier TV this morning, it is charging just now ! Battery had no juice from the factory, although it was cold in the UPS truck and maybe it was just that.

Had a coule minutes on lunch time to try it with the FPV camera, looks good for the price.

I'm happy

I'll try it at work tonight on the Mini Mauler
Those Ashlok connectors are quite the deal, would be great in my Mosquito, I have four connections to make on each wing panel.

Those servo strechers have a bad side effect, each makes the servo move two stepps for each one from the transmitter, makes the servo a bit jerky.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:42 PM
madmike8 is offline
Find More Posts by madmike8
Registered User
madmike8's Avatar
Thanks Art, That's a great idea... I didn't think about crimping...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Gonna share a URL for the cameras?

I had the same trouble with the coax (RG-6) I hacked it together by splitting the shielding into two parts, crimping eyelets to the shielding then soldering the eyelets to the back of the antenna... suprisingly, seemed to work as good as my GP patch with the SMA connectors.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:53 PM
plowboy1966 is online now
Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Looks like I have some work to do in here!

Oh I see the problem...bad bearings! (inside joke, sorry)



Art, all I can say is wow! Keep up the great work.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 04:02 PM
carguy1994ca is offline
Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quote:
Those servo strechers have a bad side effect, each makes the servo move two stepps for each one from the transmitter, makes the servo a bit jerky
That I didn't know. Maybe I would be better buying the pod from RMRC for a multiplex plane that ressemble the most the one on my glider and modify it for my glider ? They have gears to move the camera for pan.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 04:14 PM
Art Newland is offline
Find More Posts by Art Newland
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
That I didn't know. Maybe I would be better buying the pod from RMRC for a multiplex plane that ressemble the most the one on my glider and modify it for my glider ? They have gears to move the camera for pan.
Only what I've heard, don't have any personal experiance. GWS sail winch servos can be 360, but they are big. Guys add resistors to exsisting servo for greater throw, a lot of digital servos can be programmed for more throw, lots of choices.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:14 PM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Lets just hope it doesn't short, or YOU will glow too
Hahaha.... dont worry, there is a block of foam inside and each battery has a slot where it fits snugly, so they are not banging together. also they are all fitted with Deans connectors, so no chance of shorting each other. I also use pins. The battery with a pin buried in the foam next to it, needs charging !


- Art
I was going to suggest the GWS servo, but only if your plane can take it. It is a bit bigger and heavier than a standard servo. It's a shame because it is great
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:18 PM
Art Newland is offline
Find More Posts by Art Newland
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
Hahaha.... dont worry, there is a block of foam inside and each battery has a slot where it fits snugly, so they are not banging together. also they are all fitted with Deans connectors, so no chance of shorting each other. I also use pins. The battery with a pin buried in the foam next to it, needs charging !


- Art
I was going to suggest the GWS servo, but only if your plane can take it. It is a bit bigger and heavier than a standard servo. It's a shame because it is great
You wouldn't happen to know the maximum voltage input on the Cyclops Easy OSD would you?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 05:38 PM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
You wouldn't happen to know the maximum voltage input on the Cyclops Easy OSD would you?
Sorry no... the manual for this OSD is rater meagre . I only use 3S lipos anyway


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My training diary rballz Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 50 Nov 26, 2010 03:49 PM
Discussion 3D noobie ??? mtnpilot 3D Foamies 17 Aug 19, 2010 09:23 PM
Discussion NOOBIE looking for good FPV setup. bmwNick FPV Talk 4 Sep 15, 2009 02:11 PM
Joke Dog diary vs Cat diary Tonystott Humor 5 May 17, 2007 04:42 AM