Feb 06, 2012, 03:01 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
I started the covering on my Guillows Aeronca champion, a project that began a long time ago and was desperatly crying for me to finish it.

Art, you lost me some pages ago with all your experiements with multis. It seems FC, software and electronic guizmos for multis are spreading like a virus out there ! Man, there will be swarms of those things everywhere this summer !!
Every true r/cer has to make the pilgrimage to Guillow's, just to know how good we have it these days...

Sorry if I've lost your interest with all my dabblings into the software that runs a lot of our cool toys, I find it fascinating. We haven't had any flying weather so I have to do something to keep me off the streets. I want to flash four more ESCs, then I should be done with that... pretty tedious work.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2012, 03:12 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Not that I don't find it interesting, but it is too much to learn and follow if your not actually looking to fly all those FC. I want to clear my shop of the non FPV projects so I can fly them and decide if I keep it all or sell some of it.

I really want to fly my Habu 32 this summer, and the big TO twin too. The Guillows is a nice interesting little plane that is a pain to build with that less than nice die cuting. I really like the light covering I bought for it (Coverlite), works well and quite tough. I have a nice lighting kit for it with navigation and landing lights. This one is a keeper, if not to fly to decorate the shop.

And after that there is the big Huey. Want ot finish and try it, but would be willing to sell it after flying it a bit. The price is quite steep though, not sure it would sell well. Not that I don't want to keep it, but the FPV stuff takes too much time and doesn't leave enough to maintain a fleet like that. And you said it, the chopper is fuel powered...
Feb 06, 2012, 03:39 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Yea, i sold my KK+ board, I have two of the HK KKs, they are only $15 so might throw them on something that's expendable... 8^)

Maybe BB wants to try out multis....?
Feb 06, 2012, 06:34 PM
I fly things with wings on them.
Feb 06, 2012, 06:41 PM
Suspended Account
yeah im not into this "helicopter" voodoo magic hacks

it should be impossible to fly without wings!
Feb 06, 2012, 07:57 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
You can fly a heli at a funfly and have some BBQ wings at dinner time. So you can say you fly with wings
Feb 06, 2012, 09:33 PM

I fly things with wings on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004
I fly things with wings on them.
yes, i like to fly things with wings on them.

no, i dont like to lose things with wings on them:

I REALLY LIKE PEOPLE THAT FIND THINGS WITH WINGS ON THEM!!

the HK EPP FPV was twice as far as i thought it was. Jack rode around the park and found it about as far as it could go without going in the santa ana river. Thing glides a whole lot better than it looks!!!! Found wing tip just sticking out of bullrushes.....He spotted the day-glo.....good thing i had it on the wings!!

(smallbite out of wing tip......need to find out what went wrong (IF I CAN!!))
Feb 06, 2012, 09:36 PM

found HK EPP FPV

i sure wish i had turned on the 808 for the lost flight....would really like to be able to see where all it went before smashing into the bushes. (vupoint wasnt workingn that trip either!!)
Feb 06, 2012, 09:44 PM

quads vs planes

at least with quads they dont glide very good (i least i guess they dont) and when they crash, they do a good job of it in close. This long range searching was tiresome for me.....And i didnt do a good job of it. Jack said ill go look for your plane...i guess i gave him a look like he was crazy....Out there is 7 foot high thick brush,huge trees that never lose their leaves and several large open places that no plane ever selects to land on!!! Was a miracle....Im going to install something in the plane that explodes with a huge cloud of dye like the banks use....maybe that will be the secret...

supposed to rain tomorrow....nick of time rescue...everything works...
Feb 06, 2012, 09:48 PM
I find that they're allways about twice as far out as you think. By the way, I've found 9 planes with my camera setups that people had given up looking for. The 10th one, when I flew over it, there was already a guy standing next to it. So we shared that find. I guess that makes 9-1/2 planes I've found.
Feb 06, 2012, 09:53 PM

try out multis??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
Yea, i sold my KK+ board, I have two of the HK KKs, they are only $15 so might throw them on something that's expendable... 8^)

Maybe BB wants to try out multis....?
I have trouble enuf keeping track of my single engine slow planes...Dont think i am smart enuf or have the patience to figure out how to herd 4 motors around the sky....think i will pass on these guys also!!!!...Sure are impressive tho. Jim Hanson had a little one at the field, maybe 8-10 inch across. Flew real good...he said the whole package was 139 and flew out of the box....now that is my style!!!!

FLY; CRASH;FIND!!.....all real quick
Feb 06, 2012, 09:56 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Good for you PK, sounds like you have a good buddy there..
Feb 06, 2012, 10:03 PM

found 10 planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004
I find that they're allways about twice as far out as you think. By the way, I've found 9 planes with my camera setups that people had given up looking for. The 10th one, when I flew over it, there was already a guy standing next to it. So we shared that find. I guess that makes 9-1/2 planes I've found.
I flew over the area where it wasnt with my 808 #11 on my slowstick....I would have had to fly over 10 different huge areas in order to see it where it was...and that only if i caught the dayglo on the wings.....he said it was sticking with the wing pointing straight up, with just the tip showing....Home depot is civic minded and they planted hundreds of plants all over the place with dayglo orange markers....I think i will change over to lime green. I really envy the guys flying over the farm fields i have seen on this thread that were mowed for miles. This nature lover stuff we have here really sucks...
Feb 06, 2012, 11:48 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Cool that you found it Too bad no video.
Feb 07, 2012, 12:09 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
wow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFOn3...layer_embedded

Quick Reply