Jul 19, 2011, 01:59 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Art - You'll be proud of me!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BttrXjG5-gE

You're right!
Even more impressive is watching your antenna tracker following the plane!
Last edited by Art Newland; Jul 19, 2011 at 02:06 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2011, 02:07 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Yes the price is a bummer but I want something reliable I can forget about it when I hit record. And not more expensive than 3 cheapo recorder you have to dunk because unreliable, doesn't record stativ or are poor quality.

Does the FPV Japan records through static ? Posted about it in the recorder tread, awaiting answer. If I could find a used aiptek MPVR, I'd be happy. Will look around that awhile, and will retry my aiptek to see if it can come back to life.
http://shop.goaiptek.com/shop/articl...-R-PKDV58NS%26
Jul 19, 2011, 03:18 PM
Registered User
balsabuster2004's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Art - You're sure it records through static? May have to buy one, if so.
Jul 19, 2011, 03:27 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Yes the price is a bummer but I want something reliable I can forget about it when I hit record. And not more expensive than 3 cheapo recorder you have to dunk because unreliable, doesn't record stativ or are poor quality.

Does the FPV Japan records through static ? Posted about it in the recorder tread, awaiting answer. If I could find a used aiptek MPVR, I'd be happy. Will look around that awhile, and will retry my aiptek to see if it can come back to life.
One of my friends have one and the ownership of these recorders is spreading like a virus. yes it records through static
Jul 19, 2011, 05:14 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Of course, you have a nice solution, but they don't ship to Canada...
Jul 19, 2011, 05:42 PM
Clueless, but trying
Orcoz's Avatar

I'm at it again



No peanut gallery this time, but that actually took some of the pressure off and I was able to slow down and felt more prepared.

Cliff has made a recommendation that would significantly improve my video quality, but the file sizes are huge. On this laptop, I'm constantly having to delete stuff so as not to hit the cap, so big video slices just aren't in the cards for now.

I am starting to figure out Movie Maker though

FPV Flight #2 71911.wmv (5 min 44 sec)
Jul 19, 2011, 06:18 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Thats cool orcoz. Just have confidence in the video and fly it FPV, much easier when you recognize lanfmarks. Just don't go too far and add just a bit of distance at a time so you don't lose video link. If you can have a spotter when testing the video range, it is much safer. And don't worry about the "Ghetto GS", it is very FPV spirit to improvise with things such as the rubbermaid tray.
Jul 19, 2011, 06:26 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004 View Post
Art - You're sure it records through static? May have to buy one, if so.
Just happen to see the info in this post:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...87&postcount=2

Can't imagine Aaron would use one that wouldn't record static. Send him a PM and ask him?
Jul 19, 2011, 06:35 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
How about this, they ship to canada and it is brand new.
Jul 19, 2011, 06:41 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Nice job orcoz, " I once was lost, but now I'm found ", how appropriate for FPV. 8^)

I see you will traveling to the coast for a PNW FPV get together, we'll be expecting a full report... And video of course!
Jul 19, 2011, 06:47 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Of course, you have a nice solution, but they don't ship to Canada...
You could ship it to me, I could forward it to you. Too bad we are so far apart. They would likely charge me WA state sales tax.
Jul 19, 2011, 06:50 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
How about this, they ship to canada and it is brand new.
Don't think it's the same model. My Aiptek will handle moderate static, but it will stop recording if it gets too bad.
Jul 19, 2011, 07:09 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
You could ship it to me, I could forward it to you. Too bad we are so far apart. They would likely charge me WA state sales tax.
I'll check mine to see if I can debug it, but I'd like to buy one anyway as a backup. Don't know if they will be able to charge it to my paypal account and ship it to ana merican adress ?
Jul 19, 2011, 07:20 PM
Clueless, but trying
Orcoz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland View Post
Nice job orcoz, " I once was lost, but now I'm found ", how appropriate for FPV. 8^)

I see you will traveling to the coast for a PNW FPV get together, we'll be expecting a full report... And video of course!
yeah.... that's a bit of a trip. I'm hoping that we get some other location suggestions that will make it easier for more guys to attend.

I'm not totally against being at an AMA field, but have always had more "fun" in the wild
Jul 19, 2011, 07:32 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quote:
I'm not totally against being at an AMA field, but have always had more "fun" in the wild
See Art ? I told ya

I was just telling to Art after an informal FPV meet with friends that FPVers have a different background than club members and that both need some work to "blend" together. They are both a nice bunch, but different attitudes.
Last edited by carguy1994ca; Jul 19, 2011 at 07:39 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My training diary rballz Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 50 Nov 26, 2010 02:49 PM
Discussion 3D noobie ??? mtnpilot 3D Foamies 17 Aug 19, 2010 08:23 PM
Discussion NOOBIE looking for good FPV setup. bmwNick FPV Talk 4 Sep 15, 2009 01:11 PM
Joke Dog diary vs Cat diary Tonystott Humor 5 May 17, 2007 03:42 AM