diary of a FPV noobie - Page 239 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jul 17, 2011, 10:14 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar

Meeting with saucisse - video


Here is the video of the day:

Meeting with saucisse and friends (4 min 5 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2011, 10:48 PM
Clueless, but trying
Orcoz's Avatar
Oh geez... in my excitement I posted this note in the *wrong* thread...

Doesn't matter - I'm excited and grinning from ear to ear

Ok, I'm close enough that it's time to say hello! I've read every page of this thread over the last month or so... thank you so much for both the entertainment as well as the education.

My BoB, or "Cliff" system as I like to call it has undergone a professional once-over and should be back in my hands early this week. That prompted me to get my tail feathers in gear and finish my FPV platform. I finished it up about an hour ago... here is the build thread (it's short) if you'd like to take a peek.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1472914

I'm hopeful that my 808 #11 arrives later this week... it was funny how I was circling that thing for awhile, and then hit the section of this thread where you guys all got 808 happy. So yeah, I bought it at that point. It felt like I was buying it with you, although I was reading about two months after the fact.

Heeeerrrrreee weeeee gooooooooo!

Orcoz
Last edited by Orcoz; Jul 18, 2011 at 02:07 AM.
Jul 18, 2011, 12:24 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisM
Art, Check out this video. It's an old one but great one. Kilrah flying a zoom zoom.

http://www.rc-tech.ch/index.php/en/v...-and-slow.html
Looks interesting. I had a chance to fly the hacker tonight, pretty smooth flyer.
Jul 18, 2011, 12:30 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Looks like a great place to fly CG, maybe a bit breezy though?

Orcoz, welcome! Hope to see some of your adventures.
Jul 18, 2011, 12:31 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Orcoz
can't make your link work.
Jul 18, 2011, 01:15 AM
Registered User

super zoom


Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
I was gifted a nice foamy yesterday. Complete with AXI outrunner and Jeti ESC. Looks like it will be a nice in-close flying aerobatic plane. Any good for FPV?
might be good for fpv, easy to get to the equipment since it will be all outside....i have one of those....i also have a flash....got the flash from jim hanson.i guess it was too easy for him.....flies even better than the super zoom...fly close in and careless....very easy to find the runway!!
Jul 18, 2011, 01:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
My turn ! Here is a video from last wednesday night flights, The new Stryker is doing great, less nose heavy and better glide ratio so can power down and take my time...if I want to Good performance from the #11 and SC2000 cam in low light conditions. Go to vomeo for HD. Enjoy , and crank the sound up. Sorry Art, no bluegrass this time

http://vimeo.com/26500055
nice chase scenes!!!
Jul 18, 2011, 02:07 AM
Clueless, but trying
Orcoz's Avatar
Fixed my link... sorry about that
Jul 18, 2011, 06:27 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
I was gifted a nice foamy yesterday. Complete with AXI outrunner and Jeti ESC. Looks like it will be a nice in-close flying aerobatic plane. Any good for FPV?
It might be a nice testbed for your 5.8GHz as space is restricted..

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Nope ! No time to install, getting ready for the big FPV meet next saturday. Did see some guys with DLs when I met saucisse and his friends today. From what they say, it works great, except with other DLs.

Most enjoyable day, learned some, saw lots of FPV goodies, ate the best BBQ ever, saw the biggest dogs I had seen to date.

It was a day for superlatives I guess

Teaser pics:
are you sure this was not a bear in disguise ? nice barbecue, yum ! It has been raining all weekend here but the upshot is my second Skywalker is getting close to the final stages of assembly. also all my chainling stuff is here and installed on different airframes

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Here is the video of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtssXvIo8yY
Was that Saucisse's repaired Skywalker ? he did a good job on that !
Jul 18, 2011, 08:01 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
... nice barbecue, yum ! ...

...Was that Saucisse's repaired Skywalker ? he did a good job on that !
The guy we went to for the BBQ is French: It was delicious ! Man you should have seen the house !

Bear in disguise: Could very well be ! They were 3 like that Very nice dogs though.

Yup, saucisse's Skywalker. He was flying with a 10" Haier: Very nice picture quality. I saw some big screens for FPV, they do a good job, I'd say better than goggles, just not as immersive.
Jul 18, 2011, 11:10 AM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
The guy we went to for the BBQ is French: It was delicious ! Man you should have seen the house !

Bear in disguise: Could very well be ! They were 3 like that Very nice dogs though.

Yup, saucisse's Skywalker. He was flying with a 10" Haier: Very nice picture quality. I saw some big screens for FPV, they do a good job, I'd say better than goggles, just not as immersive.
I just picked up the last 10" Haier from XScargo in Edmonton - website said they had 5 in stock but it was out of date, they had one left in the south store. Anyway, it looks nice, that extra 3" makes a diff! Now I am waiting for my fpv cam, curious to see what it is like without the 170 somewhat distorted fov the Gopro has.

I was going to replace the 7" on my groundstation, but first I am just going to hook it up to one of the other video outputs on the eagle tree and set it on the tailgate of my truck and see how that works, that way I'll be able to walk between the two screens while flying and if I have spectators they can watch whatever screen I am not..
Jul 18, 2011, 11:52 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
carguy1994ca's Avatar
Nice buy Glen, I liked it a lot. It was in a cardboard box and you could easily look at it from a distance. OSD writing was easy to read too, plus it was an EZ OSD wich has already clear screen writings.
Jul 18, 2011, 02:33 PM
Registered User
Glenstr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Nice buy Glen, I liked it a lot. It was in a cardboard box and you could easily look at it from a distance. OSD writing was easy to read too, plus it was an EZ OSD wich has already clear screen writings.
yeah, got it for $65 plus taxes - XSC didn't charge all the enviro fees either - the 7" I got from newegg.ca for 45$ ended up being almost the same price by the time I paid the enviro and shipping..

can't wait to try it out. I am still kicking myself for not grabbing the 15" Craig the XSC shop in Calgary had - I was in a hurry and the staff was all busy so I just left..
Jul 18, 2011, 02:59 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcoz
Fixed my link... sorry about that
fly your Bixler yet?
Jul 18, 2011, 03:14 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Art Newland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr
yeah, got it for $65 plus taxes - XSC didn't charge all the enviro fees either - the 7" I got from newegg.ca for 45$ ended up being almost the same price by the time I paid the enviro and shipping..

can't wait to try it out. I am still kicking myself for not grabbing the 15" Craig the XSC shop in Calgary had - I was in a hurry and the staff was all busy so I just left..
have one of the 19 inch Visio's that I'll have to try one of these days, I'm so pleased with the HeadPlays in Rob's goggle-mask that I haven't felt the need.

Just checked my HK order... here's something you don't want to see.
Held by Customs at Destination


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My training diary rballz Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 50 Nov 26, 2010 03:49 PM
Discussion 3D noobie ??? mtnpilot 3D Foamies 17 Aug 19, 2010 09:23 PM
Discussion NOOBIE looking for good FPV setup. bmwNick FPV Talk 4 Sep 15, 2009 02:11 PM
Joke Dog diary vs Cat diary Tonystott Humor 5 May 17, 2007 04:42 AM