Jul 05, 2011, 01:57 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
nice vid... did you use the software that deals with exposure problems ? could you re-post the link ?
Cheers
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Glenstr: That cam is not cheap ! Looks like the one I got from NGHobbies, but very interested to see what the new software will do with light conditions. Let us know how it works.

Clipper: I think Art bought one of the HK cam and you can see the results in the very first pages of the tread.

I wouldn't worry too much about pkfoamer, looks like I am the only one to crash or lose plane here Well, Glenstr does make some interesting landings lately
I think I know now why I hit that tree like I was aiming for it. I was coming in towards me watching the screen at the same time, and because I'm not comfortable landing with the screen, especially with the low light and distortion from the R3 mode on the gopro, I switched to watching the plane and it was hard to see against the trees behind it. Of course switching from screen view to LOS I temporarily forgot the "stick towards the low side" rule..

That's my story and I'm staying with it..

ps. CG - when I get the new cam I will also try my laptop to record from the ground station, then I can post some video from it. One thing about this FPV flying, sure makes "going out for a quick flight" more complicated!
Last edited by Glenstr; Jul 05, 2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added ps.
Jul 05, 2011, 02:17 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
nice vid... did you use the software that deals with exposure problems ? could you re-post the link ?
Cheers
No, that was stil just the time stamp removal FW. It was very bright out, lots of sun, I think that's why it looks better.

I can get you the link for the FW updates when I get home.
Jul 05, 2011, 02:22 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Clipper;
All my first flights were with HK camera, they aren't too bad, just can't handle pointing directly at the sun. Still use one on my slow-stick.
Jul 05, 2011, 02:26 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Sorry that the video is so jerky-bumpy, it was windy, but mostly it was the guys trying FPV for the first time. I have footage from my FCO-HD, and an hours worth on my camcorder. I was flying the Senorita, the SC2000 OSD camera worked wonderfully, was a great view. Video later! 8^)
Jul 05, 2011, 02:28 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
no rush... I could also trace it back on the posts but I don't know how far back...do it if you feel like it I will start looking out for the link.

Thanks.

Had a So so weekend... the weather was brilliant but I crashed my Skywalker due to radio failure. no damage really it is all back together as if nothing happened.
then I flew my Radian, that was better I even caught a few thermals for extra long flights (well over 30 mins but I got bored) however I crashed on a hedge again due to radio failure. I was having glitches on both planes .

Both planes were on 35MHz with corona receivers and 4m long antennas. This used to be ok before but now I am plagued with glitches. Mind you it was a busy day at the club and there were plenty of other people flying around, so you never know...

I am getting nervous now. I will finish the Skywalker no2 with the chainlink.
If that works, I am converting to it,,,,
Jul 05, 2011, 02:34 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Art
I think I found the link is this it ? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3399
Jul 05, 2011, 02:40 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
Art
I think I found the link is this it ? https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3399
Yes, that takes you to;
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3531

And looks like the newest FW incorporates all the newest exposure control as well. I'll have to try it myself.
Jul 05, 2011, 03:05 PM
Oh so close!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr
Yeah, yet another "dumb thumb" moment, I seem to always forget "stick towards the low side" when I am coming in towards me.. Plane was also getting hard to see against the dark background, but still not excuse..
For those nocturnal urges to fly you should try setting the GoPro's metering to center spot. It may help open the aperture up for better exposure on the ground.

This vid isn't exactly a "dumb thumb" moment rather more a case of just dumb and not leaving myself enough room in case of a sudden cross wind...which is exactly what happened!

Oops! (0 min 23 sec)
Jul 05, 2011, 05:13 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
One thing about this FPV flying, sure makes "going out for a quick flight" more complicated!
yea, the flights are certainly quick since it takes some time to set everything up

Boy I can't wait to fly FPV again, I'll set up the glider and hope to be able to fly it before the big FPV meet on the 23.
Jul 05, 2011, 06:30 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Got news for the DL, it just arrived customs. Should be here in...well...sometime... At least the status changed on the canada post website
Jul 05, 2011, 06:32 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper99
For those nocturnal urges to fly you should try setting the GoPro's metering to center spot. It may help open the aperture up for better exposure on the ground.

This vid isn't exactly a "dumb thumb" moment rather more a case of just dumb and not leaving myself enough room in case of a sudden cross wind...which is exactly what happened!

http://www.vimeo.com/22519223
You could just have said you were good enough to hit the goal !
Jul 06, 2011, 08:52 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
4th of July FCOHD (8 min 51 sec)
Jul 06, 2011, 11:19 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Great quality. I think it would be nice with the wide angle lens. You plan on buying it ? If possible on your next flight, could you do a comparison with the camera as is and with the cheapo wide angle we bought ?
Jul 06, 2011, 12:11 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Great quality. I think it would be nice with the wide angle lens. You plan on buying it ? If possible on your next flight, could you do a comparison with the camera as is and with the cheapo wide angle we bought ?
Will have to figure out a way to mount it.

We were't trying to gt any specific video here, since I was give all the FPV rides I thought i might as well hang the camera on it and see what we might get.

Quick Reply