Nov 15, 2019, 05:58 PM
That's awesome footage Art!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2019, 08:38 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Ow...l !
Dec 01, 2019, 08:27 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
I’ve got a video ! I installed a basic FPV kit in the Kyosho Blizzard. It was dark when I finished so this is a night run. The Fatshark camera is not so good but I have some improvements coming

Kyosho Blizzard FPV First run (3 min 42 sec)
Dec 02, 2019, 10:45 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Iíve got a video ! I installed a basic FPV kit in the Kyosho Blizzard. It was dark when I finished so this is a night run. The Fatshark camera is not so good but I have some improvements coming

https://youtu.be/rCrabRItoCc
Cockpit view, very fun. Did it feel good to be back in the FPV driver's seat?
Dec 02, 2019, 03:25 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Yes it is nice to play with toys again. I can’t say I will do as much Ground FPV than before but this Blizzard is fun. I want to keep it looking as scale as possible so I’m happy that this small vtx let’s me drive all around the property.

I olan to add a LED light bar, just need to bolt it to the top. Also have a LED light kit that I want to fit to the cab.

And then there is the plow. It’s pretty fun (and time consuming lol) to plow with it. It takes some time to get used to controling the blade in a smooth way. I will reinstall it and try it FPV soon.

I’ll try to go to an indoor flying session in Quebec city in january. I have a tiny whoop and a 3D UMX biplane from years ago that qants to get out of its box
Dec 03, 2019, 09:26 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Added a LED light var to the cabnof the blizzard, now the camera is working great at night. Also reinstalled the plow blade. Hard to plow in FPV ! Next mod is programming the fatshark H/T.
Dec 06, 2019, 03:48 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Hummm, not too much activity here. Let’s see if I can revive sone discussion:

I’ve started reading about 3D printing. Will dive in as soon as I know enough to spend some money
Dec 06, 2019, 06:59 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Hummm, not too much activity here. Letís see if I can revive sone discussion:

Iíve started reading about 3D printing. Will dive in as soon as I know enough to spend some money
I have an Ender 3.

Get Fusion 360

Get Cura.

Get confused...
Dec 07, 2019, 12:01 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Lol !

So far I looked at the ender (briefly, just started looking at 3dp). Also checked the Prusa.

How are you satisfied with the ender ? I’ve read it’s nice but may be a hit or miss as far as quality and need for tinkering ?
Dec 07, 2019, 09:54 AM
Going to have to try some ground FPV I think. That's a cool looking unit CG, I may have to check one of those out, it would be neat if I could go through my trails down to the lake in the winder time. Looks like a Gopro 7 would fit in there too :-)

I've thought about a 3D printer too, I think I have enough points on one of my reward programs for one, but I have to really think if I would get enough use out of one to justify it.
Dec 07, 2019, 11:47 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
If you have some money, here is the one to get:

Spyker Workshop - Spyker KAT 2X With Dump Trailer! (20 min 52 sec)

You can also buy a 3d printer, buy the stl files from spyker workshop and print the cat yourself
Dec 07, 2019, 11:18 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Lol !

So far I looked at the ender (briefly, just started looking at 3dp). Also checked the Prusa.

How are you satisfied with the ender ? Iíve read itís nice but may be a hit or miss as far as quality and need for tinkering ?
I've had pretty good service from my Ender 3. I've had it about a year now, I mostly print with PETG. I have printed files from thingiverse, and I've drawn
my own with success. There is a pretty good learning curve, my knowledge of CNC helped some. I don't have any experience with any other printer to compare to my Ender 3, it was only $189.00. I think any of them require some tinkering, mine came about 80% assembled and the setup was pretty easy. There are tons of videos on youtube about them.
Dec 08, 2019, 02:42 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
When you say pretty good learning curve, you mean when you want to design your own stuff ?
Dec 08, 2019, 09:13 AM
high height FPV
somebody know how the highest fpv record is?
Dec 08, 2019, 01:05 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieyang129
somebody know how the highest fpv record is?
Space:

Space Glider - FPV to Space and Back! (6 min 1 sec)

Quick Reply