Oct 03, 2019, 11:56 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
I have and still use a Hero 1080P, Hero 4 Black, and a Hero 5 Session. The HD footage in the quad flight I just posted is a Mobius.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2019, 03:25 PM
I've still got my original 2 Hero 1080p with the 3D housing that I have yet to use, and a grey market Hero 3 black I picked up. Also still have my old Contour 1080, Drift 1080, Sony 1080 action cams.

I should sell a couple or few to replenish the camera fund, next nice to have is either a insta360, Theta 360V or DJI Osmo Pocket
Nov 10, 2019, 02:11 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Hey all ! How is everybody

No flying for me in 2019. Should be returnong to flying in spring 2020. Until then I have to empty the basement that got filled with stuff from my mom's house.

Winter is here now. Plenty if time to do that. I also just saw the Flitetest P-38 video, interesting.
Nov 11, 2019, 01:40 AM
Winter is here too, good to see you back CG!

-21 here tonight, real cold snap here for the next couple of days anyways.
Nov 11, 2019, 04:16 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Hi Guys !!

Good to see you are all ok.. still flying here but it's a;ways the same place and the same kind of flying so no great videos on offer .. nice indoor flying and through the hoops..it's a long walk if you hit them though...the walk of shame
Nov 11, 2019, 01:01 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenstr
Winter is here too, good to see you back CG!

-21 here tonight, real cold snap here for the next couple of days anyways.
i

Wow that's cold for the time of year, for here anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
Hi Guys !!

Good to see you are all ok.. still flying here but it's a;ways the same place and the same kind of flying so no great videos on offer .. nice indoor flying and through the hoops..it's a long walk if you hit them though...the walk of shame
At least you're flying, and I like the shots when you fly with others , i bought a Kyosho Blizzard last winter. I will try it FPV this winter, looks like fun.

I need to get up to date with the new registrations for FPV in Canada. I'll try and to that this winter too. Have you looked at that Glen ?
Nov 11, 2019, 01:58 PM
As of June 1 you need to register any of your aircraft over 250g in takeoff weight, and take either the basic or advanced test online. I have not taken the test yet but I know a guy that has, said a lot of the questions are what you would learn in ground school if you were getting your private pilots license. Some of the questions are pretty "out there" and have zero to do with RC flying. The guy I know said he was questioned what radio frequency is needed when coming into one of Toronto's municipal airports.

Once you register your aircraft you are given a number then you need to affix it to the aircraft with a label maker etc. , and carry your printed license with you while flying. I have registered my DJI's but have yet to get the license or affix the numbers on them, pretty well all of my flying I've been doing at home so I'm not too concerned about it yet.

However I am taking the 2 day advanced RPAS training this weekend as I want to get my advanced license so I can start (legally) charging for my work. Transport Canada says you need to take the course at an accredited place, but from what I have heard you can just challenge the exam online and once you pass the test you need to do a flight test showing you know what you are doing with a TC certified instructor.

I was thinking of just self training for the advanced as I know a couple of private pilots, but decided to take the training even though it's not cheap, $800 for two day course.

You can read more about it here

On another topic, I have been playing with the Litchi app a lot doing autonomous missions, it's a pretty cool app. I have a couple of missions where I am going to follow one P4 with the other, flying a couple of seconds behind and above it. I also picked up a Mavic Air on sale so maybe I'll get real brave and try with all 3 up in the air at once..
Nov 11, 2019, 05:22 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Thanks Glen !

With all 3 in the air that would
Make a nice clip

I took alook at the new mini mavic, under 250g, looks really good. Nice video for the price and size
Nov 11, 2019, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Thanks Glen !

With all 3 in the air that would
Make a nice clip

I took alook at the new mini mavic, under 250g, looks really good. Nice video for the price and size
yeah taking a serious look at that..

I got pulled on to the ice racing committee last year, they wanted some footage of the track while it was being built, as well as the airstrip for the fly-in held on the same weekend. Once the event started though, I could not fly because of insurance issues for both events, and they would have liked to get some aerial footage of the races going on. A sub 250g mini might get me around that though..

Here is a fly-by of the airstrip I did last Feb before the event started.

2019 Lac La Biche fly-in airstrip (2 min 32 sec)

I think I posted this air to air clip earlier in the thread to, but here is is again anyways:

Air to Air (2 min 39 sec)
Nov 12, 2019, 06:45 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Hi All, good to hear from everyone. Hasn't been very cold here but we are starting to get the rain. Our indoor sessions have started, I always enjoy that. Like RCM, I'm still flying the same kinda stuff the same way. My 49 pickup is running and driving well and I use it and my 30 coupe for running errands. I hope to use the pickup for getting RC stuff out to the field next year. There is another car in my stable now too, probably a couple years before it starts it's road trials.

F1 ride into town (7 min 52 sec)
Nov 12, 2019, 10:39 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
Hi All, good to hear from everyone. Hasn't been very cold here but we are starting to get the rain. Our indoor sessions have started, I always enjoy that. Like RCM, I'm still flying the same kinda stuff the same way. My 49 pickup is running and driving well and I use it and my 30 coupe for running errands. I hope to use the pickup for getting RC stuff out to the field next year. There is another car in my stable now too, probably a couple years before it starts it's road trials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsCg8xFhqHA
Wow ! Beautiful machines 🙂my 2cv is still going strong
Nov 13, 2019, 11:20 AM
Those are some cool looking rides Art !
Nov 14, 2019, 06:03 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Hey Art ! Been a while since I came here. Great truck, does it have lane keep assist and intelligent cruise control ?

So far from what I am selling now. Looks to run very nice, you did a good job restoring it.
Nov 14, 2019, 11:08 PM
On a non RC topic - If you guys remember, a few years ago I think I posted a video here of a bear in my back yard.

Well, this summer has been a very busy year for bears at my place, they woke up early this year and there wasn't a lot of green feed for them so they were hanging around residences a lot in the spring. I had bear traps set in my yard by Fish & Wildlife two separate times, one time being successful and them trapping a bear. I was even charged by one aggressive sow, I was pretty safe up on my deck as it was down below, but it was still kind of unnerving.

One day I was on a work phone call for about 1/2 hour or so, my office is right beside my deck doors. After the call I leaned back and glanced out on the deck and saw this:

Cinnamon sow black bear (0 min 51 sec)

A few weeks before this, one night I was doing some work on my computer and my wife walked in to talk to me, I turned my chair to face her with my back against the glass door. She stopped talking and her eyes got REAL wide - there was a big black bear standing at the deck door about 20" from me looking at me. I guess it was coming up to check out the bird feeders and saw me sitting there and decided to have a look. This was the same bear that charged me.

Anyway, after I got some video of the brown bear at my feeder I woke my dogs up and they were quite upset, the bear decided to make a discreet exit:

dogs barking at bear (0 min 19 sec)

Then another day, I just happened to be flying my P4 when I heard my little dog barking up a storm and my wife yelling at her to come back. I turned the P4 a bit and got some video of the dog chasing it out of our yard and into the bush. A bit hard to see but if you look at the middle of the screen at the start and top middle as I was trying to follow it you can see it getting chased. At one point it turned on my brave little dog but she was too quick for it, so it started running again with her hot on its tail

bear getting chased out of my yard (1 min 14 sec)
Nov 15, 2019, 12:55 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
I was taken out of the air yesterday by an Owl...
hooty1 (0 min 29 sec)

Quick Reply