Dec 19, 2021, 09:13 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Interesting, looks like a crossover between a goblin and a drake.

Have you built one ?
Thinking about it... not a wing fan but the flight characteristics of this one looks good.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2021, 07:22 PM
Will work for heli's
Merry Christmas Everyone, Been getting some good snow here
Day After Christmas (5 min 33 sec)
Jan 01, 2022, 03:11 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Plenty of snow here too. I'm looking forward to some great flying this year!
Jan 03, 2022, 12:39 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Oh ! You have more snow than at tour previous place. Bought skis for a plane yet ?
Jan 03, 2022, 03:50 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
I did buy the filament.
Jan 04, 2022, 02:15 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
I did buy the filament.
Very nice tried them yet ?
Jan 04, 2022, 03:12 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Quote:
Very nice tried them yet ?
No, been busy. Next is to engineer a mechanism to keep them at the proper angle.

I scaled one down to 33% for the tail.
Jan 04, 2022, 03:18 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
They look sturdy, nice if you have ice on your landing strip. The thin Dubro plastic ones tend to break over ice. You may want to check their spring method to keep the skis front in the air. I sometimes just use rubber bands.
Jan 04, 2022, 03:19 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwoodtheone
Merry Christmas Everyone, Been getting some good snow here
https://youtu.be/F8i3rBcXlsk
very stable, what are you flying ?
Jan 06, 2022, 05:25 PM
Will work for heli's
Quote:
very stable, what are you flying ?
dji fpv
Jan 09, 2022, 12:15 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Thread OP
Fun Cub on Skis (0 min 42 sec)
Jan 09, 2022, 02:06 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Looks to be working well. The plane is power full and looks light, much like my tundra. Those are fun to fly on skis.
Jan 21, 2022, 04:06 PM
Hopefully someone can point in the right direction so I can start to learn FPV for fixed wing aircraft. Normally I read every page of a thread on a plane I’m interested in, but this one might be a bit Greek to me.
I plan to fly first with a monitor then switch to goggles.

This is the equipment I have right now:
I have two echine monitors with DVD.
Fat shark dominator V3 headset-new in the unopened box.
Furious FPV fpv-rx-trod 3.8A
TS 5823 transmitter with a wire harness that I I don’t know how to set up.
A new appearing Spektrum Spmtv1000 transmitter with cables I don’t know how to get it to work with a Spektrum spmvc650 mini fpv camera

I Laos have two cameras with built in transmitters, one is a Wolfwhoop WT03 Micro FPV AIO 600TVL Camera 5.8G 25/50/200mW, but am unsure about the other one.

I’m concerned on how to get everything to work with each other and what batteries to use with the cameras so I don’t fry them.

Here are some photos: I appreciate any help anyone can give me in pointing me to where I can learn FPV and get my equipment set up.
Last edited by Jpmcdo; Jan 21, 2022 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Add additional comment
Jan 26, 2022, 05:25 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Hi Jpmcdo, welcome to FPV. This tread has slowed down a bit but I’ll try answering some questions.

If you haven’t tried any of your equipment yet, i’d start with the simplest first: The all in one video transmitter (vtx) camera combo and the monitor since that is what you want to use first.

The monitor should have it’s own battery, and it’s own integrated video receiver. It should also have it’s own antenna.

To power the micro vtx and camera combo, first make sure the antenna is screwed on. Never power a vtx without an antenna or it will fry. To power the vtx, just plug the right voltage battery on the connector. The specs sheet should have the voltage range the vtx can take.

When monitor and vtx are powered, you just have to tune each to the same channel and you’ll have video.

Does that help ? Feel free to ask questions.
Jan 26, 2022, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Hi Jpmcdo, welcome to FPV. This tread has slowed down a bit but I’ll try answering some questions.

If you haven’t tried any of your equipment yet, i’d start with the simplest first: The all in one video transmitter (vtx) camera combo and the monitor since that is what you want to use first.

The monitor should have it’s own battery, and it’s own integrated video receiver. It should also have it’s own antenna.

To power the micro vtx and camera combo, first make sure the antenna is screwed on. Never power a vtx without an antenna or it will fry. To power the vtx, just plug the right voltage battery on the connector. The specs sheet should have the voltage range the vtx can take.

When monitor and vtx are powered, you just have to tune each to the same channel and you’ll have video.

Does that help ? Feel free to ask questions.
Thanks carguy,

This helps a lot. I figured I’d use the combo camera first with the monitor while I get a feel for it. I am having trouble figuring out what battery connector type is on these. I think they are 1.25 mini micro jst but not sure. I also need to get a hold of a few batteries.

Would you know what batteries to buy? The volt range is 3.2 to 5 volts.

Jim

Quick Reply