This thread is privately moderated by dleep, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 15, 2010, 03:18 PM
Dleep
Thread OP
Discussion

Rant

FEAR OF FLYING!!!
OK!! I don't want you to spend $20,000 like me, trying to fly 3D like Frank and Andrew. I've done the leg work for you. I've done all the research for you.
Don't spent 2 or 3 grand on big expensive, fragile, planes and crash everything you own, trying to fly 3D.
For less than $200 I'll have you, hanging on the prop, 2 feet off the ground, by the end of your first battery pack!!!!
I've been flying for about 4 years. I started with a 40 size nitro trainer, that lasted about 30 days, then I upgraded to an aerobatic 60 size plane, that lasted about 2 weeks. Everyone told me bigger is better, and easier to fly. I continued to buy and crash bigger and better planes for about 3 years. I also had to join a flying club pay dues and join the AMA so I'd have a place to fly these hugh expensive aircraft. At this point a single crash could easily cost me a $1000 airplane. My best manuver was an unimpressive knife edge. And I still couldn't even fly inverted!!
Then I got my first depron electric foamy. This was a big step, because the wing load was low and I began to fly some nice manuvers and the cost was minimal. But depron foam is very brittle and I was still destroying a lot of planes. At this point I estimate I had spent nearly $20,000.
Thats when I built my first EPP Foam airplane. Using free planes from an RC forum. I built it for way less than $100. That includes the motor speed control servos and the battery. And guess what, I still had enough left over foam to build another airplane!
Heres the best part, after thousands of crashes and hundreds of hours of flying fun, that plane still flies great!!! It's a little beat up. And looks pretty bad, but hard as I try, I just can't destroy it.
So if your new to RC flying. I would suggest buying a RTF-(ready to fly) foam electric trainer and get the feel for the controls. And how to charge the batteries. Fly it around for 3 or 4 weeks. Then you'll be ready for one of my planes.
If you've already done the trainer thing, you are ready. You should have no problem flying one of my planes. You can save a little money building it yourself. Or choose a partaly completed kit. that will have you in the air flying in short order.
Dleep
www.resetrc.com
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply