Aug 14, 2010, 03:29 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

HobbyKing RX - Futaba FAAST Compatible

I see several discussions regarding new Asian 2.4 receivers, but none specifically about this one : OrangeRx Futaba FASST Compatible 8Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver found here: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...%28PREORDER%29

I have read a couple of reviews on this receiver, but I am anxious to see how they work in the real world. Has anyone else ordered one?
My hopes are up as I can't afford many more $89 receivers.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2010, 03:58 PM
A man with too many toys
The only possible problem that I see is the range is 1/4 of genuine Futaba full range receivers so it depends on what you fly.
Aug 15, 2010, 01:26 AM
Where you get the 1/4 ?
Aug 15, 2010, 04:52 AM
A man with too many toys
One of the many threads that discuss this receiver has a link to a test report. Do a search.

For most that won’t be a problem as Futaba is 3-4 miles and the Hobby King receiver has a little less than a mile range.

Aug 15, 2010, 05:08 AM
I know the report very well, that's why I ask.
In the report wrote:
"In range testing, the TFR8 proved to deliver marginally less range than the Futaba receiver, by about 7%-8%. The quoted maximum range for the TFR8 is 1.5Kms (almost a mile)."
The receiver manufacturers are very conservative when they spec the range, thus the 1.5km, which is just a "quote" and not a real measurement. I tested myself their receivers before and I got 5.2km (3.2miles), so I am confident it is in the same league as the original Futaba, as Bruce said 7-8% less.
Aug 15, 2010, 09:56 AM
A man with too many toys
Sounds good. I am planning on giving one a try when they get in stock.
Sep 08, 2010, 05:25 AM
A man with too many toys
It’s been a while how about some flight reports from owners?
Sep 08, 2010, 06:20 AM
None sold so far, actually no shipments expected until mid September.
Sep 08, 2010, 01:36 PM
Thread OP
They are showing a confirmed arrival date of TODAY (Sept. 8) However they will not get enough in to fill all of the backorders, I'll bet.

I wonder if I need to place an order now for the one that I will want NEXT YEAR?
Sep 09, 2010, 06:00 AM
A man with too many toys
Looks like its time to order one (or two)

This is an email to let you know that a product from your WishList (OrangeRx Futaba FASST Compatible 8Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver (PREORDER)) has arrived.
Click below to view this item;

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=14300

Sep 09, 2010, 07:38 AM
They are already -20 in their orders.
Maybe they'll ship mine. I ordered it a while back and it was on backorder all this time. But today, it changed to being processed without any other options.
Sep 09, 2010, 08:20 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
They are already -20 in their orders.
Maybe they'll ship mine. I ordered it a while back and it was on backorder all this time. But today, it changed to being processed without any other options.
They have probably not updated their page to show the new arrivals. Thatís the same stock number as earlier in the week.
Sep 16, 2010, 11:23 AM
Tobias (aka glider hangaround)
Bump. Has anyone got one delivered yet? And/or tested it?
Sep 16, 2010, 11:39 AM
Thread OP

Not Yet

Mine is still (Processing)

Quick Reply