Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:54 AM
7AC
Find More Posts by 7AC
7AC

Value Hobby Returns

I'm building a tricopter. So I ordered 3 motors and 3 esc's from Value Hobby. One of the motors wouldn't spin. I placed an RMA request and got an acknowledging EMail. Then I decided that since the motor was only a $9.50 item and it would cost me about $6 to send it back, if they would bear the cost of the motor I would pay for shipping a replacement to me. I would still be ahead a couple of bucks. So I called "Alex" at the number on the bottom of their website and made my proposal. In less than 5 minutes he agreed, sent me a link to pay the $4 shipping and sent my replacement motor on it's way without the need for me to make the return.

I have to call that "Outstanding" customer service.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:08 PM
Find More Posts by aeronca52
Culper Junior
I recently purchased 3 Power HD 1501 servos from VH. I paid with a USPS money order so they held the order till receipt, no problem there. The tracking page just stated 'on hold'.

I did not receive any notification when they received the MO but by checking every other day I could see the order progress.
They arrived 8 days after I ordered them on line, which included the MO going from me to them and they shipping the servos back to me.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 09:39 PM
Find More Posts by painlesstom
UFO Pilot
I placed an order on the 19th, my payment was processed the next day. Yesterday my order said Payment under Review and nothing shipped. Tried calling, no answer, left message. No reply. Opened a ticket, no response, posted another message to the ticket.. still no response. Grrrrr
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by yorkiepap
I've purchased (2) planes from VH in the last 3 mos. & received them in 5days or less. You may have caught them at a busy time. I've made several other purchases that were shipped within 2days & received 5days or less. Give them a chance....

Denny
Old Aug 16, 2016, 09:59 AM
UFO Pilot
I've ordered from them several times over the years, when they are on the ball everything is fine. But when something goes wrong and you have to contact them.... don't be in a hurry for customer support. Took 4 days for a reply telling me their system had to review my payment for some reason they didn't understand, and that they would ship as soon as their system would let them. Meanwhile the funds were taken from my account the day I placed the order. Then a few days later they sent a tracking number for a parcel select shipment, I emailed that was pretty lame making me wait with lousy shipping method and to their credit changed it to Priority shipping instead. They aren't bad, they just aren't all good. Hit and miss, but usually ok.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by Johnnysplits
I've bought lipo's from them on four different occasions beginning in 2012...no issues at all.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 08:17 AM
Find More Posts by cococadidi

Value Hobby Problems

Ordered a plane from them and got it a few weeks ago. I had some problems with it and notified them of the flaws. They said basically you win some you lose some. I found it very unprofessional and disturbing. Reversed servos are a problem they need to address..Not just sweep under the rug..
Old Nov 29, 2016, 08:30 AM
UFO Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cococadidi View Post
Ordered a plane from them and got it a few weeks ago. I had some problems with it and notified them of the flaws. They said basically you win some you lose some. I found it very unprofessional and disturbing. Reversed servos are a problem they need to address..Not just sweep under the rug..
Was this a RTF plane that came with a controller, or a PNF that you use your own radio with?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 03:11 PM
Find More Posts by aeronca52
Culper Junior