This thread is privately moderated by boredom.is.me, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
Sorry about that. Are they pretty fast?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2012, 10:44 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
No. I had to put mine on a 2s lipo to get it on plane. Then it burnt up.
Nov 16, 2012, 05:48 PM
Oh well thanks for the heads up, anybody know a good micro/ mini boat that is pretty good? Already have a mini cat USA hydro, mini c from proboat, and aquacraft mini mono.
Jan 06, 2013, 02:55 PM
Lot of water; some gets thin
Does this forum accept pics of static models?
Jan 07, 2013, 03:57 PM
Nitro User
Really needs to be RC. = ) Since this is a rare request, you can post a thread for static models under 15" who may see them as a good conversion to RC.
Jan 07, 2013, 05:17 PM
Thanks; I understand. Neither the lobster boat or the eastern-rigged trawler (both scratch built) are adaptable to RC. Both were inspired by build logs and terrific tips from the boat forum.
Jan 08, 2013, 01:11 AM
Nitro User
Well if they float, there a boat, perhaps the scale detail will inspire a RC build if you post.
Jan 08, 2013, 01:52 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
I'll echo what Amp said. A separate thread with statics would definitely give a little inspiration.
Jan 12, 2013, 11:29 AM
I will take some photos and begin a new thread. Not sure how much inspiration they will provide as builds have been done for similar boats. My main intent in posting would be to say thanks for all those members who have provided me with so many tips about constructing components from scratch.
Jan 13, 2013, 03:53 PM
See my post at Micro and Sub-Micro Boats...Micro static models
Jan 18, 2013, 03:17 PM
Need some help. I'm trying to RC a 9" Micro-glass tug hull. Got the servo converted for the motor, built the prop and rudder shafts. Problem now is the battery. I was planning to use the battery pack of 4 AA's that power the receiver and servos but it is a bit heavy and having trouble fitting the steering servo in. Suggestions please. Gerry
Jan 18, 2013, 06:50 PM
Just a bored guy
Thread OP
My first suggestion is to start either a new thread or post in my "do you need help" thread. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just trying to keep this thread clean.

I'll be deleting the other non pic posts soon.
Apr 03, 2013, 09:23 PM
Scratchbuild Aviation
why cant the original deck structure be fitted over?
Apr 03, 2013, 09:25 PM
Scratchbuild Aviation
Resurrected 1985 RC Nikko Cruiser first time back in the water in more than 10 years
Note : electronics were replace from 27mhz to 2.4ghz

11inch bow to stern

typical design and color for RC boats of that era

brought to Caliraya Lake for a spin

we attempt to do fishing with it. but it got sunk ,rescue it dry it out and re-run on the same day

wish the original electronics would last long enough so now the boat is molested with a new brush motor, servo and RX except still using the original battery compartment for nimh or nicad .wonder if I should replace that with Lipo. since the stuffing box is abit leaky.

if you cant restore a classic , make it a hot rod wonder what if I drop a brush less motor inside.
Last edited by speedactyl; Jun 19, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Quick Reply