This thread is privately moderated by verticalspark, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:53 PM
Find More Posts by verticalspark
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Discussion

The end of flying planes...

Today is the last day I will be able to fly. This week I was cut back to 0 hours at work and today I destroyed both of my planes.

This was the Terrys first flight after putting a new power system on it and I wasnt sure how it would do. After 2 laps I noticed that the wings flexed a good bit but I decided I would try for a high speed pass. I was throttling up and it started to go into a steep dive, I pulled up and the wing snapped and proceded to bury itself into the ground and destroy the fuse/wing/motor/lipo.

Then I pulled out my corsair, got through 2 batteries and it crashed. I was doing figure eights and when I did the cross over I banked right and it kept on going. Gave it left aileron but and it started to correct slightly but it was too late. After getting it home and checking everything I found a aileron servo was dead and must have died about the time I hit full deflection on right aileron and pulled the plane to the ground. The damage was broken wing/fuse/motor/lipo.

So nothing is left for me to fly but the mSR and it get boring after about 4 batteries. Im kinda dissapointed about the corsair but I could have cared less about the terry.

Graupner Terry Wing Break (0 min 4 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2010, 03:15 AM
Find More Posts by merlynwylld

One of those days

Bad things come in sets of 3, I figure you got all your out of the way in one day! Hate to see and hear it though. Looks like the F4U is repairable, at least I hope it is. I'm looking forward to some year getting one once I get up to that skill level, one of my fav warbirds. Nothing like those gull wings! Good Luck to You!
Old Aug 12, 2010, 07:20 AM
Find More Posts by verticalspark
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
I love the corsair, but the pictures are deceiving. The wing is broke in 3 places, the elevator is broke in two so only half of it works and the firewall is destroyed because I use a metal motor mount. The one servo is in the wing is dead, the other is stripped out and the motor needs to be rebuilt with a new motor shaft. So I would need a new fuse, wing, elevator and servos.