Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Nov 29, 2011, 04:39 AM
The43rdHammer is offline
Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
Registered User
The43rdHammer's Avatar
Thanks - Should have checked before asking!

Story of my life!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2011, 05:06 AM
kittykatjaz is offline
Find More Posts by kittykatjaz
Registered User
kittykatjaz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The43rdHammer View Post
Can I ask how those electric people are accessing their batteries?
Same as Peter here, I remove the wing.

Though I did make a really long extension cable for my charger so I can slide the wings to the side & charge the battery without removing it.

Jaz
Old Dec 03, 2011, 05:16 AM
kittykatjaz is offline
Find More Posts by kittykatjaz
Registered User
kittykatjaz's Avatar
My club had a scale day today so I entered the Seafire in the Electric Warbird section. Not only did it win the Electric Warbird section is also won the overall Electric Category.

It was judged by the people who had entered planes and the Seafire sure gets a lot of compliments.

Today was the first flight since July and the third overall. It is such a wonderful plane to fly and looks fantastic in the air. Only had the one flight but some low passes down the strip sure made every minute worth it. Hopefully I can get the photos that were taken of the flight and post them.

Jaz
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:13 AM
The43rdHammer is offline
Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
Registered User
The43rdHammer's Avatar
Yes please, photos would be great.

I haven't even finished building this model yet and I'm massively excited!

I had a change of heart on the motor which was originally to be a 7S Scorpion 4025 and have now ordered an 8S 4025, same power but the extra cell will hopefully give me some added air time.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 08:38 PM
kittykatjaz is offline
Find More Posts by kittykatjaz
Registered User
kittykatjaz's Avatar
Here are some photos of my Seafire at the Gosford Aeromodellers Club Scale day last weekend.

Peter Henderson took the photos and I love them. Bit hard shaking that Stuka on my tail

Such a fantastic plane to fly.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 08:44 PM
kittykatjaz is offline
Find More Posts by kittykatjaz
Registered User
kittykatjaz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The43rdHammer View Post
Yes please, photos would be great.

I haven't even finished building this model yet and I'm massively excited!

I had a change of heart on the motor which was originally to be a 7S Scorpion 4025 and have now ordered an 8S 4025, same power but the extra cell will hopefully give me some added air time.
Which 4025 are you running?

I have the Scorpion S4025-10 (510kv) on 6S 5800Mah and 14x7 APC-E Prop in my Seafire and 5 minutes mixed throttle flight time uses about 45% of the battery power. It has plenty of power with this motor/prop combo and mixed flight time would be 8 minutes or more.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:48 AM
The43rdHammer is offline
Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
Registered User
The43rdHammer's Avatar
Those pictures look great, especially the first one of her on approach with flaps down… gorgeous!

I’ve just ordered a 4025-16 (8S) and have a 4025-14 (7S) knocking around that I was considering using.

The manual (or at least the one that I have) recommends using an 8S motor which is why I went for the 16. I’m hoping the larger battery will help balance her too – did you have to add much lead up front?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 01:17 AM
kittykatjaz is offline
Find More Posts by kittykatjaz
Registered User
kittykatjaz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The43rdHammer View Post
Im hoping the larger battery will help balance her too did you have to add much lead up front?
Yes I had to add a bit of weight, I think all up about 250 to 300 grams, I cannot remember all up but it may be posted in this thread somewhere.

I used a 6S 5800Mah battery which weighs over 900 grams. As well up the front under the motor mount box there is another 2S 2200Mah battery for the radio gear as well as the speed controller and the brain box for the EMCOTEC remote control magnetic arming switch.

This beautiful plane is tail heavy by default so you will have to add weight.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:14 PM
Orvis is offline
Find More Posts by Orvis
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykatjaz View Post
Yes I had to add a bit of weight, I think all up about 250 to 300 grams, I cannot remember all up but it may be posted in this thread somewhere.

I used a 6S 5800Mah battery which weighs over 900 grams. As well up the front under the motor mount box there is another 2S 2200Mah battery for the radio gear as well as the speed controller and the brain box for the EMCOTEC remote control magnetic arming switch.

This beautiful plane is tail heavy by default so you will have to add weight.

Same here; with my setup(Power 90 on 8S), I had to add about 10oz to the front.

Jaz,
Congratulations on your award. Great pictures by te way.

Cheers,
Peter
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:45 PM
moonpie is offline
Find More Posts by moonpie
Registered User
moonpie's Avatar
even with a big 120fs engine i still had to put a heavy 6v sub 3300 nimh battery under the cowl to get it to balance.and a alloy spinner too.its a bit of a sod to transport to because of the bottom lip on the cowl.i can see this breaking off at some point.
Last edited by moonpie; Mar 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:50 AM
Capt Flint is offline
Find More Posts by Capt Flint
Thrust is a must, lift is gift
Are you guys still happy with the seafire?
I am planning to buy one here in Germany and searching for every bit of information I can get...

Regards, Flint
Old May 16, 2012, 03:43 AM
kittykatjaz is offline
Find More Posts by kittykatjaz
Registered User
kittykatjaz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Flint View Post
Are you guys still happy with the seafire?
I am planning to buy one here in Germany and searching for every bit of information I can get...

Regards, Flint
Hi Flint,

I am very happy with my Seafire. It only gets flown on the odd occasion as I hope to keep it in pristine condition. When it is in the air it not only flies really well it looks fantastic.

It is a plane that gets a lot of comments from other flyer's as it is different and not just another Spitfire.

Would I buy it again? Yes

Jaz
Old May 16, 2012, 05:21 PM
The43rdHammer is offline
Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
Registered User
The43rdHammer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykatjaz View Post
Hi Flint,

I am very happy with my Seafire. It only gets flown on the odd occasion as I hope to keep it in pristine condition. When it is in the air it not only flies really well it looks fantastic.

It is a plane that gets a lot of comments from other flyer's as it is different and not just another Spitfire.

Would I buy it again? Yes

Jaz
+1 .... The Seafire is a great model, you shouldn't think twice about getting one.

Andy
Old May 17, 2012, 01:03 PM
Capt Flint is offline
Find More Posts by Capt Flint
Thrust is a must, lift is gift
Ordered...
Old May 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
bigfella65 is offline
Find More Posts by bigfella65
Registered User
Just came across this bird today at a hobby shop, looks very nice might have to purchase one I think.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Supermarine 381 Seagull hortid Waterplanes 13 Jan 08, 2012 08:36 AM
For Sale seagull models 90 size yak 54 new in box bret555 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Oct 01, 2009 09:55 PM
For Sale Seagull Models Yak 54 $300 Madbob9 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Sep 11, 2009 01:23 PM
Discussion Electric Supermarine Seagull 381 Amphibian Plus... Airboatflyingshp Scale Kit/Scratch Built 46 Jul 24, 2009 08:31 AM