Thread Tools
Old Aug 12, 2010, 05:00 PM
king richard is offline
Find More Posts by king richard
Registered User
Does anyone have more speed planes like this ?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:34 PM
electrotor is offline
Find More Posts by electrotor
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by king richard View Post
Does anyone have more speed planes like this ?
No article, just the scanned plan.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 06:59 PM
hfenn is offline
Find More Posts by hfenn
Barnwell, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrotor View Post
Oooo, look what I found.
I like it. What size engine does it call for? I can't quite make out the size, but I love PAW's.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:35 PM
Jim Thomerson is offline
Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Registered User
Paw 149.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 07:59 AM
electrotor is offline
Find More Posts by electrotor
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfenn View Post
I like it. What size engine does it call for? I can't quite make out the size, but I love PAW's.
Surely you can zoom in on Acrobat Reader.

Well anyway here's a couple of extracts.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:08 AM
vintage1 is offline
Find More Posts by vintage1
Registered User
vintage1's Avatar
From the annals of 'software engines'
Old Aug 13, 2010, 04:15 PM
Jim Thomerson is offline
Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Registered User
I am flying mostly Old Time Stunt. I like the Lil Abner on the first page. Unfortunately it has flaps. In PAMPA OTS there is a ten point no-flap bonus. My dilemma is this; Do I fly so well that I can afford to give up 10 points, or do I fly so poorly that losing 10 points won't really be noticeable?
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:25 PM
Cody's Neighbour is offline
Find More Posts by Cody's Neighbour
Vertically Challenged...
Cody's Neighbour's Avatar

Veron Pinto


I wonder if anyone has a Veron Pinto plan they could post?

Bert
Old Aug 14, 2010, 01:42 PM
The Kiwi is online now
Find More Posts by The Kiwi
Old Timer
The Kiwi's Avatar

If it's really "big enough", then you don't need flaps


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post
I am flying mostly Old Time Stunt. I like the Lil Abner on the first page. Unfortunately it has flaps. In PAMPA OTS there is a ten point no-flap bonus. My dilemma is this; Do I fly so well that I can afford to give up 10 points, or do I fly so poorly that losing 10 points won't really be noticeable?
Your Humongous flew the OTS pattern quite well; I would think that something similar to that would be sufficiently large that flaps aren't needed. I always thought that the coupled flaps added many minor "gotcha" hiccoughs that if I could get by without them (Magician, Super Clown, Sterling P51 / Yak9), I would do so.

The only clinker in that idea is how seldom the wind lies down for us to practice, here where we are in between trips to Tucson. For anyone outside the Great Plains corridor through the center of the states, the wind blows most of the time. Mostly not very hard, but nevertheless, pretty breezy fairly often.

Big-winged birds like the Humongous get moved around a *LOT* by the wind.

Kiwi
Old Aug 15, 2010, 03:08 AM
king richard is offline
Find More Posts by king richard
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrotor View Post
No article, just the scanned plan.
Thank You !!!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 02:24 PM
Snorks is offline
Find More Posts by Snorks
Registered User
GREAT! Thanks! anyone have a scan of the De Bolt speedwagon?

cheers
Simon
Old Aug 19, 2010, 06:41 AM
p-maker is offline
Find More Posts by p-maker
Registered User

Peacemaker


Hi guys. Just surfed in here and really appreciate the free stuff.

I've been away from modelling for about ten years but I'm just starting to fancy it again. I've only got one model left, a Peacemaker that has been carted around over three house moves. I've kept all my old engines though, so I'm going to drag out all my PAW's and get back into it. Your thread has really whetted my apppetite; thanks again...
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:25 AM
vintage1 is offline
Find More Posts by vintage1
Registered User
vintage1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-maker View Post
Hi guys. Just surfed in here and really appreciate the free stuff.

I've been away from modelling for about ten years but I'm just starting to fancy it again. I've only got one model left, a Peacemaker that has been carted around over three house moves. I've kept all my old engines though, so I'm going to drag out all my PAW's and get back into it. Your thread has really whetted my apppetite; thanks again...
Got a new Peacemaker kit in stock cut in error, if you want one..:-)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Control line plans from vintage model magazines kenny e Control Line 18 Sep 23, 2011 05:09 AM
Discussion Control line world phill98765 Control Line 1 Jul 24, 2010 04:46 PM
Help! Avro Lancaster and HP Halifax Control Line plans Z1007 Control Line 6 Sep 22, 2009 09:12 AM
Help! Avro Lancaster and HP Halifax Control Line plans Z1007 Scale Fuel Planes 0 Sep 15, 2009 08:19 AM
Wanted Plans for Fairchild Packet (Flying Boxcar)twin engined control line control l mchandrayan Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Oct 10, 2005 09:44 PM