The 9th Annual Randy Covington Electric Fly-In - Page 19 - RC Groups
Aug 29, 2010, 06:50 PM
magic bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Gimlick
I didn't know it was possible to run him off.....like a bad penny :-)

Look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow, save some good weather!
Hello Greg,
Glad you were able to make it Sunday. Good to see you again. Thanks for the Colorado stories. I will remember about the floor in an RV
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2010, 06:59 PM
Electric or Bust!
What a GREAT time! I already have it on my calender for next year. If I don't have any conflicts, I may go up for the big bird on Oct. 1,2&3.

I wish I knew this thread was here before today. I either know or met most everybody that went that have posted here. I really enjoyed talking with all of you.

I had to punch out after some night flying on saturday night and today I'm going through RC withdrawl.

See ya next year,

Scott
Last edited by skyjet; Aug 29, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
Aug 29, 2010, 08:55 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Been home just a short time and have to start off by saying thanks to all that made the RCAE happen. I received a lot of thanks for advertising the event, but the thanks really needs to go to the folks that did all the real work to make everything top notch. Lots of hard work went into it and I want all of you to know it was certainly appreciated. This is my second time to attend the RCAE and while I was not feeling well most of the time, I still had a blast. Hopefully next year I will feel more like flying and walking around chatting with everyone.

Also a big thank you to King RC and Horizon for their sponsorship of the event! Tony and Nathan did some awesome flying to win the two LMR events. And thanks for having the trophies made up. I finally have an RC trophy!! I hope everyone had a good time during the LMR and hope we have more folks participate next year. It really is some of the best fun I have in RC.

Already looking forward to next year, and here is the start of the pics. I doubt I can get them all done tonight, but will do what I can.

Thanks guys, RCAE was awesome again!

Diggs
Aug 29, 2010, 09:52 PM
KJ4YNM
Home, truck unloaded, bag unpacked, and ready to relax from the drive. What a wonderful weekend!! Beautiful flying field. Outstanding people. And lots of flying. Definitely showed the SlowBipe as a capable trainer. Ready to take lots of abuse and goes back together well and keeps on flying! Starting to think maybe I need to wear a sliver cross, or carry holy water or some such when I handle it! I'll just have to make sure she never bites me. Of course, if I didn't over prop her, then I might be able to keep the wings on her.
Thanks to all the folks at the club who made the event happen. Only thing I can think that would make it better is to shorten the roads between here and there.
Was glad to meet friends from previous events and make some new ones here. Will definitely be looking forward to future ones.

--
Tom
Aug 29, 2010, 10:05 PM
Totally bummed I had to miss this one but a family emergency kept me occupied all weekend. Looks like an awesome time. Thanks for the pics Diggs. The grass runway looks sweet. Great job RAMS. Looking forward to more pics and already have the calendar marked for 2011.
Aug 29, 2010, 10:06 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
As always, the thanks for the pics needs to go to Larry. He is the man with the camera and the eye for good pics! I just make sure they make it online.

Diggs
Aug 29, 2010, 10:16 PM
KJ4YNM
Yes, Larry definitely had the camera going. Would like to see one he snapped of me launching the Lady this morning as well as the group shot. And many thanks to Larry for taking and Diggs for posting the photos!
--
Tom
Aug 29, 2010, 10:44 PM

A thank you from a first time spectator

I was at King RC yesterday and a very nice man and his son happened to tell me about this event...so I went for a while yesterday and today just to watch (not an AMA member, and first time even seeing an actual flying field!)

Just wanted to give everyone a thank you from someone who just came to watch for letting me enjoy the show! I am totally bitten by the bug now, and since I have a birthday coming up in less than a month, I'll be asking for $$ to buy something worthy of flying with you guys someday!

I currently only have a little Hobbyzone Champ (nothing fancy, just a 3-channel...rudder and elevator only) that I fly in an old abandoned driving range near where I live... besides take offs and landings from the paved parking lot in front of the field, I can pretty much only do loops (and when I get lucky every once and a while, a short inverted flight...short meaning 5 seconds before I'm too scared to continue with it and pull out of it...)

Question...I saw so many awesome planes there, but too "newbie" shy to come up and ask anyone about them...I was curious though if anyone wanted to throw out a few names of something I should move up to (based on my above experience with the Champ)...what would some of you recommend I move up to next?

Would love to know what is out there kinda like the Champ in terms of newbie ease of flying to practice with, but with a little more power, etc, that would get me to the next level worthy enough to join you guys some day in flying after getting into AMA...

Thanks again for the great show this weekend!
Aug 29, 2010, 11:32 PM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)

Thank you!!!

To Randy, Nathan, Tony, and all the other many, many people who made the RCAE event happen... THANK YOU!

I had a wonderful three days of flying with many old friends and even more new friends! I'm still smiling from ear-to-ear, from the great time I had with everyone present!

Let's see...
1. The RAMS field is AWESOME!
2. The RAMS Club members are friendly, helpful hosts.
3. The attendees are not only good pilots, they are also friendly and welcoming.
4. Did I mention that everything about the RCAE fly-in is AWESOME!

The Randy Covington All-Electric Fly-In ROCKS!!!

Thanks!!!

Kevin ... drinking more of the RCAE Kool-Aid!
Last edited by kevinhines; Aug 29, 2010 at 11:43 PM.
Aug 29, 2010, 11:42 PM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)

Request for Photos of FPV Video Rides...

A request... I plan to make a highlights video of the FPV ride videos from the RCAE event...

If you have photos of folks receiving FPV video rides at the RCAE, and you'd like them to be included... then please post the photos, and I will try to use them in the highlights video...

Thanks!!!

Kevin

PS -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
As always, the thanks for the pics needs to go to Larry. He is the man with the camera and the eye for good pics! I just make sure they make it online.

Diggs
Diggs & Larry, Wow! Thanks for posting the GREAT photos from RCAE!