Aug 31, 2010, 08:06 PM
Hi guys, I'm ej189, but ej1899 on youtube.
I had moded the wash-out links to reduce phase transfer as SLK Count announce for me at #236 in this thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=236
After that V120D02 behaves more predictable except a little instant stall.

Later I found the extension of elev and aile will change the ability of 3D, like Tom ate said, but 3 o'clock is enough for me to flip V120 faster than my 4G6(has extreme extension that I can do).
Now I love high gyro gains (more than 12 o'clock) to stabilize this slippy small bird, especially for learning hover or 3D, that give you more confidence and less crashing.

Walkera V120D02 High Gyro Gain (5 min 1 sec)
Last edited by ej189; Aug 31, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2010, 08:38 PM
MFSmaniac
So since ej189 shows that the 2610V is good for 3D/flipping, can we love Walkera again but still hate them for not providing the proper setup documents for the RX? Or do the 2610V's out there have different firmware versions?
Sep 01, 2010, 01:38 AM
Thanks, ej1899, for your statement. Very good to hear that I am not the only guy who loves his V120D02 after setting the potis properly. Why are you setting "elev/aile extend" Poti only to 3 o'clock and not completely to "+"? Have you encountered any problems with a setting more than 3 o'clock?

For reference a photo with my settings:

Sep 01, 2010, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ate
Thanks, ej1899, for your statement. Very good to hear that I am not the only guy who loves his V120D02 after setting the potis properly. Why are you setting "elev/aile extend" Poti only to 3 o'clock and not completely to "+"? Have you encountered any problems with a setting more than 3 o'clock?
Oh, not try that yet, cause 3 o'clock is reaching the limit at the end point of pitch I thought.

But after doing a test I found the resault seems to be no different form yours, 3 or 4:30 get the same resault, the servo length reduced when poti less than 2 o'clock.

Can't say V120D02 is how good a heli but really flyable, stock motor and battery all running fine till now, rx-2610V is acceptable by a little tuned.
Don't abandon, keep hoping.
Sep 01, 2010, 09:34 AM
I had been checking you out on utube an I was wondering witch rx you where you using,but you had the heli flying amazing. Each video you add more and more control over this birdI'am glad you post on rcgroups some every one could see how this heli can really fly with right setup. Keep flying I enjoy watching you
Sep 01, 2010, 11:53 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej189
I had moded the wash-out links to reduce phase transfer as SLK Count announce for me at #236 in this thread.

Later I found the extension of elev and aile will change the ability of 3D, like Tom ate said, but 3 o'clock is enough for me to flip V120 faster than my 4G6(has extreme extension that I can do).
Now I love high gyro gains (more than 12 o'clock) to stabilize this slippy small bird, especially for learning hover or 3D, that give you more confidence and less crashing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNEAXK-HeaE
Nice work man. After looking at your mod (and vids), it dawned on me that the phasing could be corrected by using the Progmix function on the 2801 Tx. Forgot all about that since the 2610S was limited to certain functions. I have now programmed right aileron with 10% back elevator, forward elevator with 8% left aileron and back elevator with 8% right aileron. Now the heli is flying as it should. She tracks through turns like it is on rails and it flips and rolls straight. Good news finally for this heli.

Also, it appears that Walkera has fixed the throttle limit issue. Using the newest Rx from Walkera, I have tached the HS using the stock 005 motor and it is spinning at 4,500rpm versus 4,100rpm previously. The new Rx should be available soon. Cool.

Sorry to take so long figuring out this little heli but I have been really busy here at work. Have to afford my addiction somehow. LOL.
Sep 01, 2010, 01:15 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji
Nice work man. After looking at your mod (and vids), it dawned on me that the phasing could be corrected by using the Progmix function on the 2801 Tx. Forgot all about that since the 2610S was limited to certain functions. I have now programmed right aileron with 10% back elevator, forward elevator with 8% left aileron and back elevator with 8% right aileron. Now the heli is flying as it should. She tracks through turns like it is on rails and it flips and rolls straight. Good news finally for this heli.

Also, it appears that Walkera has fixed the throttle limit issue. Using the newest Rx from Walkera, I have tached the HS using the stock 005 motor and it is spinning at 4,500rpm versus 4,100rpm previously. The new Rx should be available soon. Cool.

Sorry to take so long figuring out this little heli but I have been really busy here at work. Have to afford my addiction somehow. LOL.

Awesome discovery Darryl, great work!
The newer version of the RX sounds great.
Nice to have 100% throttle again.

It will be good if Walkera will release the newly flashed RX soon.
Hopefully Walkera will make good on it for the people who have already
paid for the first version of it and didn't get what was advertised.

Tom
Sep 01, 2010, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej189

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNEAXK-HeaE
Hehe subscribed to your YouTube channel yesterday Glad you came here and provided some answers
Sep 01, 2010, 04:12 PM
Wolf Pack RC Heli Club
Hey Darryl (or anyone), my brother and i each bought us one of these V120D02S from wow and we are pretty good CB100 pilots but we cannot figure out how to take off the landing pad. we each read the nice link/article for beginning CP flight. the bird just revs up and gets all loud but does not take off. WOW set them up. is there a switch on the tx to flip to give it some pitch or what?
Sep 01, 2010, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPack Leadr
Hey Darryl (or anyone), my brother and i each bought us one of these V120D02S from wow and we are pretty good CB100 pilots but we cannot figure out how to take off the landing pad. we each read the nice link/article for beginning CP flight. the bird just revs up and gets all loud but does not take off. WOW set them up. is there a switch on the tx to flip to give it some pitch or what?
haev you flow a CP heli before?going from a CB100 to a v120d02s i think was a bad move,if anything goto a FP heli thats a size of a cb180.then say goto a SR size CP heli ,master that then goto the v120d02.the smaller the CP heli is the more twittie it is
Sep 02, 2010, 01:03 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfPack Leadr
Hi,
Have you tried holding the heli in your hand holding the skids and gently apply throttle. (Wear safety glasses or face shield) Then once the throttle is past half stick,you should notice the heli wants to lift your hand up.
You might notice the revs don't go any higher once they reach a certain RPM,but the pitch of the blades should change and try to lift the heli up.
Regards Jason

PS. I say to protect your eyes and face because the blades will be spinning very fast in line with your head and if it throws a blade,you will be happy you protected yourself.
Sep 02, 2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
PS. I say to protect your eyes and face because the blades will be spinning very fast in line with your head and if it throws a blade,you will be happy you protected yourself.
Smart man.
Sep 03, 2010, 10:40 AM
I am interested in V120D02, when will the new receiver be out for it to fix the throttle issue and what model is the rx, Rx-2610X?
Sep 03, 2010, 12:19 PM
I do not know when the new Rx will be available yet. It appears that Walkera is working on fixing all of the issues with this heli as we post now. The next production run of this heli should have the newest firmware and mix arm assy modifications to fix the phasing problems.
Sep 03, 2010, 01:14 PM
Gunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji

so is that -10% to get back elevator and -8% to get left aileron? and 8% for the right? i don't see an option in the 2801 pro for left right forward or back on the subordinate, just negative or positive and i'm new to the whole progmix feature.