Aug 07, 2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GURU_MSR
sucks for the LHS but then when have they done many people many favors lately ..
+1.......after thousands of $ spent(yes did the math from my bank statements) at my LHS which is literally 2 blocks away(far northwest Austin if your wondering), I .......shall we say.........revoked my privilege.....of ever returning, due to the middle aged owners consistent rude disposition.

Now I am forced to drive across town to one of the chain LHS's where the teenagers behind the counter provide the best to be expected service, believe it or not.

Sorry...off topic....just been browsing..... and had a psychological "trigger" after reading this. Maybe this venting will provide well needed closure

cheers!
Bill
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2010, 11:46 PM
Here We Go!
So who's gonna be the first to try the Orage FASST rx and report their findings?
Aug 08, 2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
i never said frsky made spektrum lol

its all very complicated trying to explain this to someone who doesnt know how the whole process works , but both the spektrum an futaba comp. rx's are comming from the same 2 factorys which is owned by 6 differnt companies who are for all intesive purposes owned by one big company investment group except for 2 , can you name the 2
So you suggest that FrSky is one of those 6 companies, and it is using same components as Orange Rx? The pictures of the two receivers are different looking, even the chips look different. But there is an info that suggest you may be right: FrSky launch date is also mid september. I guess beta testers will post more detailed pictures and infos end of August. Bruce will have one next week.
In this case, who are the other 4 companies that will launch Futaba clones?
LE: after some hours they changed estimated date to 30 August, from 17 Sept.
It seems there is a war, who launch them first. I don't like this, and I would hesitate to buy first batch, could have QC issues.
Last edited by renatoa; Aug 08, 2010 at 07:31 AM.
Aug 08, 2010, 05:09 AM

Orange Rx FAAST

What I do not understand is how come are they getting away with using the word FAAST. Isn't FAAST a registered trademark? and, is Orange/FrSky a reputable brand in China?
Aug 08, 2010, 06:51 AM
Is not FAAST, but FASST.
And now... are you sitting well on the chair ?
They can use it because even Futaba doesnt own that trademark, it is owned by Fujitsu
Fujitsu Flexible Architecture for Subscriber Service Termination (FASST™)
Aug 08, 2010, 08:07 AM
They are using the phrase 'Fasst compatible'. They are not putting a Fasst label on their RXs. They can use the Fasst word in many ways, they just can't label their equipment as being Fasst or claiming they are Fasst. They are making no claim that their RXs are Fasst, just Fasst compatible.

S
Aug 08, 2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swede-rcgroups
They are using the phrase 'Fasst compatible'. They are not putting a Fasst label on their RXs. They can use the Fasst word in many ways, they just can't label their equipment as being Fasst or claiming they are Fasst. They are making no claim that their RXs are Fasst, just Fasst compatible.

S
It would be interesting to find out if these receivers continually scan the spectrum like the original Futaba or simply lock onto one or two idle 2.4 slots.
I had a cheapo FlySky system and it chose one slot.
Aug 08, 2010, 02:11 PM
A man with too many toys
The transmitter does the spectrum scanning the way I understand it. The receiver just has to follow the same scanning sequence to stay in sync.
Aug 08, 2010, 04:18 PM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerama
It would be interesting to find out if these receivers continually scan the spectrum like the original Futaba or simply lock onto one or two idle 2.4 slots.
They simply use the same protocol as the Futaba transmitter. Obviously a FlySky type receiver protocol would not work.
Aug 09, 2010, 04:03 AM
jab
jab
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerama
I would assume they work on the whole spectrum just like a Fasst receiver. How else can they be compatible with Futaba FASST transmitters?
Aug 09, 2010, 02:46 PM
most exalted one
Quote:
i never said frsky made spektrum lol

its all very complicated trying to explain this to someone who doesnt know how the whole process works , but both the spektrum an futaba comp. rx's are comming from the same 2 factorys which is owned by 6 differnt companies who are for all intesive purposes owned by one big company investment group except for 2 , can you name the 2

BTW that's "intents and purposes" not intensive purposes

So how crdible is the rest of the statement?
Aug 10, 2010, 06:38 AM
Bruce review online:

http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/fasst_...review02.shtml
Sep 27, 2010, 05:32 AM
A man with too many toys
Looks like they have a firmware bug in the failsafe.

“Note* Disable failsafe on transmitter, otherwise you will experience servo jitter.”

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=14300

Has anyone received their receiver, if so how does it work?

Is the firmware upgradable by the user (USB interface)?

I have one on back order and hopefully they will fix the firmware before they ship mine.

Sep 27, 2010, 05:41 AM
I got mine 1 week ago.

Failsafe is a little different that in original receiver.
To setup failsafe you have to do.
1. disable failsafe on transmitter. "setup on hold"
2. move stick that way you want it to be on failsafe and then press button on the receiver.
3. that's it. Failsafe is enabled.

-- Difference is on original receiver, that you don't have to press button on receiver.

Ok here is what i found.

I have setup tranismitter to MultiMode.
Receiver to FS mode, because i use analog servos. HS mode is only for digital servos.

I went to fly my 2m glider as high as i could see the plane. No problem so far. Then i have pointed antena directly to the plane. Signal should be very low now. Still no problem. I have repeated this for 40 minutes when i emptyed 3 battery packs. No problem so far. I'm very happy with this receiver.

Servo movement is smooth.

I just hope that they make plastic case for it.
Sep 27, 2010, 03:55 PM
Suspended Account
I got mine today from HiModel.

Instruction manual contains unfamiliar words.

"red LED will flash fast in HS mode and slow in FS Mode."

What is HS and FS Mode?

Quick Reply