This thread is privately moderated by rikybob, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 06, 2010, 04:53 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Thread OP
Discussion

Coaxial to CP to MR to Boat to to quad to plane evolution......

I started with the CX2 Christmas of '07 and became very bored by March of '08. Bought a Blade CP, unboxed it, fired it up slid it into the couch, boxed same, shipped it back and gladly ate the 35USD shipping.

I muttered to myself that there needed to be something like the CX2 only BIGGER.....some time would pass and this was developed!

I bought this December '09 and became unbelievably bored by March 01 of '10 at which time I bought this, recognize it??

It was a tremendous error. I was told by all I knew and read to move to a 450 class but refused citing economics and being scared of things that could kill you. I was wrong.

I found the stock Tx of the SR miserable and the parts EXPENSIVE! Each crash, no matter how small was 20bux minimum!

I actually had one crash in my driveway cost me 80USD in one fell swoop!

Accccccccck!

Idiot.

Keep in mind one of these fully functional with a radio, tx everything, on the cheap cost 250USD total using this guy.

My evolution brought me to the HK450GT using the AR6100e and the Spektrum DX6i!

EDIT: I have since sold my DX6i and moved up to the DX7!

Additionally I have added an Align 500 (Fu-Bar Gyro) to my fleet and a friend gave me a Nirvana class sailboat(s) and I am enjoying that side of the sport! I also have a "Swamp Dawg" airboat and Hobbyking Airboat and looking forward to the delivery of my Gemini Catamaran (got it, kinda don't like it)! Additionally I built a DJI clone quad copter powered by a APM FC board. I have just taken delivery of the Durafly T-28 and the Parkzone ICON A5 that I will maiden after the 1st of the year!

March of 2014 brings me new toys!

I retired my Spektrum DX7 and took up with the Taranis! Uh, WOW! What an amazing versatile radio!

Additionally, I bought a UMX ICON A5 (apparently even though it's a water plane DON'T get it wet) and the fun as h e l l UM T-28!

I'm currently waiting on a new board for my Q450 quad so I can test out my Fat Sharks!!

I belong to THIS flying club

EDIT: 04/20/2016

I retired the Q450 and built a ZMR 250 racing quad and a Dart 450 cruising quad both are used for FPV!

I now own gliders, DHC Beavers, the Durafly Tundra and many other airplanes!!

In addition to the helicopter flying club I spend most of my time HERE!

Brian
Last edited by rikybob; Jan 06, 2018 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Time to UPDATE!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2017, 03:14 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
I started with the CX2 Christmas of '07 and became very bored by March of '08. Bought a Blade CP, unboxed it, fired it up slid it into the couch, boxed same, shipped it back and gladly ate the 35USD shipping.

I muttered to myself that there needed to be something like the CX2 only BIGGER.....some time would pass and this was developed!

I bought this December '09 and became unbelievably bored by March 01 of '10 at which time I bought this, recognize it??

It was a tremendous error. I was told by all I knew and read to move to a 450 class but refused citing economics and being scared of things that could kill you. I was wrong.

I found the stock Tx of the SR miserable and the parts EXPENSIVE! Each crash, no matter how small was 20bux minimum!

I actually had one crash in my driveway cost me 80USD in one fell swoop!

Accccccccck!

Idiot.

Keep in mind one of these fully functional with a radio, tx everything, on the cheap cost 250USD total using this guy.

My evolution brought me to the HK450GT using the AR6100e and the Spektrum DX6i!

EDIT: I have since sold my DX6i and moved up to the DX7!

Additionally I have added an Align 500 (Fu-Bar Gyro) to my fleet and a friend gave me a Nirvana class sailboat(s) and I am enjoying that side of the sport! I also have a "Swamp Dawg" airboat and Hobbyking Airboat and looking forward to the delivery of my Gemini Catamaran (got it, kinda don't like it)! Additionally I built a DJI clone quad copter powered by a APM FC board. I have just taken delivery of the Durafly T-28 and the Parkzone ICON A5 that I will maiden after the 1st of the year!

March of 2014 brings me new toys!

I retired my Spektrum DX7 and took up with the Taranis! Uh, WOW! What an amazing versatile radio!

Additionally, I bought a UMX ICON A5 (apparently even though it's a water plane DON'T get it wet) and the fun as h e l l UM T-28!

I'm currently waiting on a new board for my Q450 quad so I can test out my Fat Sharks!!

I belong to THIS flying club

EDIT: 04/20/2016

I retired the Q450 and built a ZMR 250 racing quad and a Dart 450 cruising quad both are used for FPV!

I now own gliders, DHC Beavers, the Durafly Tundra and many other airplanes!!

In addition to the helicopter flying club I spend most of my time HERE!

Brian
Im a Beaver fancier too. Whose the manufacturer of yours?
Very nice work..love that spinner.
Jan 27, 2020, 04:28 PM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
Thread OP

Loooong needed UPDATE!

I've since retired and travel for most of the year but can't leave my R/C hobby behind!

So HERE you'll find musings on R/Cing whilst RVing.

HERE you'll find my "Two old Campers and a Dog" travel log!

Happy trails!

b

Quick Reply