Thread Tools
Feb 04, 2011, 09:31 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
lmopar69's Avatar
Lookin great brother. Nice work.

Laine.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2011, 09:33 PM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
KFC's Avatar
Thanks, Alan. I am going to be bringing a template for the cut on the F-22 and a whole mess of coupling plates with me to SEFF. Do you think 25 would be enough?
Feb 04, 2011, 09:35 PM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
KFC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
Lookin great brother. Nice work.

Laine.
Gimme a holler when you get back stateside, bro! We'll go flying again.
Feb 04, 2011, 09:55 PM
Registered User
AlanFlorida's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRazor_77
Thanks, Alan. I am going to be bringing a template for the cut on the F-22 and a whole mess of coupling plates with me to SEFF. Do you think 25 would be enough?
25 will be plenty. I can't wait for SEFF.
Feb 05, 2011, 09:08 AM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
KFC's Avatar

Rules for riding on the 454


As I have previously indicated, this aircraft was designed to carry smaller aircraft and release them in flight. For those of you planning to attend SEFF this year, there will be an opportunity for you to have your airplane carried.

If anyone wants a 'ride' on it, here are the details:
  • Your plane must be able to fit. Nothing wider than 70", taller than about 8", or heavier than 24 oz.
  • Your plane will have to be fitted with a carriage plate. This may require cutting 3 small openings on the surface of the plane
  • Your plane must allow adequate clearance for the propellers and landing gear of the carrier aircraft.
  • I reserve the right to say no if I feel that the your airplane may be unsafe to carry

If you have one of Alan Chervitz's little combat F-22s, I have will have mod kits available at no cost to anyone who is interested. I also have a pair of mini wings available for use by anyone who doesn't have a plane that will fit. Everyone who takes a 'ride' on the airplane will have the opportunity to sign the carrier as well. (One signature per person) If you guys have any questions about the criteria, feel free to PM me.
Feb 05, 2011, 10:07 AM
End of an Era.....
Tha Hodgehound's Avatar
Kewl KFC!!!!!!
Feb 05, 2011, 04:55 PM
Registered User
AlanFlorida's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRazor_77
As I have previously indicated, this aircraft was designed to carry smaller aircraft and release them in flight. For those of you planning to attend SEFF this year, there will be an opportunity for you to have your airplane carried.

If anyone wants a 'ride' on it, here are the details:
  • Your plane must be able to fit. Nothing wider than 70", taller than about 8", or heavier than 24 oz.
  • Your plane will have to be fitted with a carriage plate. This may require cutting 3 small openings on the surface of the plane
  • Your plane must allow adequate clearance for the propellers and landing gear of the carrier aircraft.
  • I reserve the right to say no if I feel that the your airplane may be unsafe to carry

If you have one of Alan Chervitz's little combat F-22s, I have will have mod kits available at no cost to anyone who is interested. I also have a pair of mini wings available for use by anyone who doesn't have a plane that will fit. Everyone who takes a 'ride' on the airplane will have the opportunity to sign the carrier as well. (One signature per person) If you guys have any questions about the criteria, feel free to PM me.
This is great KFC but there is one very big problem…….me and some of my Hounds friends sign with a simple "X" so it will be hard to limit it to just one signature.
Feb 05, 2011, 05:04 PM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
KFC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanFlorida
This is great KFC but there is one very big problem…….me and some of my Hounds friends sign with a simple "X" so it will be hard to limit it to just one signature.
The signature is optional, Alan.
Feb 05, 2011, 09:23 PM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
KFC's Avatar

Entering the home stretch


Got the left wing panel wired up. The wiring takes a long time to do and it's a real pain in the a**, but it's also one of the last things on the list. Provided my parts arrive this week, this thing should be flight ready this weekend. I'm not going to be posting many more build pics at this stage because it takes up too much time, but I will post some photos and some video when I have it all finished.
Feb 05, 2011, 11:14 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
lmopar69's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRazor_77
Gimme a holler when you get back stateside, bro! We'll go flying again.
Wilco brother. Only about a week left over here!!!

Laine.
Feb 06, 2011, 04:28 PM
War Eagle!
sneasle's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
Wilco brother. Only about a week left over here!!!

Laine.
Thanks for your service, I hope you make it back safe.


I'm going to try and make it to SEFF this year if I can.
Feb 07, 2011, 01:00 AM
Registered User
HobokenHobbiesNJ's Avatar
one word: WOW!
Feb 07, 2011, 09:47 AM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
KFC's Avatar
Got the right wing panel all wired up. Paint drying on the nacelles. Still waiting on my landing gear parts. Pictures to follow soon.
Feb 07, 2011, 04:34 PM
Taking care of business
Ho-Jazz's Avatar
HR, Very nice work going on here. Im in for the ride at SEFF. Im sure PecanPatch would love to do it too. How bout a wing with 2 GeoBats under it?? Are there going to be night-time drops too??
Feb 07, 2011, 04:46 PM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
KFC's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho-Jazz
HR, Very nice work going on here. Im in for the ride at SEFF. Im sure PecanPatch would love to do it too. How bout a wing with 2 GeoBats under it?? Are there going to be night-time drops too??
Night drops will be with the 8 footer. I don't have any plans to illuminate this one at the moment. As far as the Geo-Bats go , if we can find a way to hook them up and there are no clearance issues, it's fine by me.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool 14 foot Easy Star............. randall1959 Aerial Photography 11 Oct 14, 2009 06:34 PM
Question Looking for glider wing plans 14 foot plus. teamtwisty Electric Sailplanes 14 Apr 27, 2009 10:30 PM
Alert Wing Found at Dave's Beach (AKA Little Beach AKA Carlsbad) rockbus Slope 10 Jun 20, 2008 08:04 PM
Whoops! 14 foot flying wing, 32" Root, 18" tip dougmontgomery Flying Wings 29 Jan 22, 2006 05:12 AM
Free 6 foot flying wing in Atlanta with a catch Jeff Meyers Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Oct 09, 2003 08:54 AM