Aug 05, 2010, 06:43 PM
Build & Fly like 2days ur last
Thread OP
Help!

Quadra 35cc HELP

i have a Quadra 35 cc gas engine. It feels like it has a lack of compression but it is not that much less then my new DLE 55. but here is the problem. it is hard to tune and when i think i got it something stupid happens. like today i ran the engine up and all was good. i put my plane in the air. all system where go.

then i think Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz must have shot some quarda 35 killinator or something.. sorry my oldest like phineas and ferb and well it is the only thing i could think of. anyways i landed after the engine dead sticked. and at the field could not get it to start back up. came home and now some 6 hours later i tried again and now it is running but barely at best. it dies after 30 seconds and i can not get it to rev up or even close to a full throttle and i can not adjust it at all. so any ideas.

i know it has ignition and is pumping but beyond that i am lost. i have to cowling off so i know it is getting air. so rule that out too.

Anyone please HELLLLLPPPPPPPPP.

crazy
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2010, 03:34 PM
Thread OP
ok so i was looking at it again today and i am not sure but i think i found it. there is a wire that looks like it goes from my points to the magneto. and well that wire was not really on and well i looks liked it was making but not ready seeing i blow and it fell off so i reconnected it and maybe tomorrow or sunday i can try it again.

crazy
Aug 06, 2010, 07:36 PM
Thread OP
well i got to try the engine. and it ran but it needs lots of adjustment. it seems like that was the problem and i admit i caught it by pure chance. so i just this goes from help to info for others. glad i got so much help on this but i guess it is more people just dont know. glad i got it.

crazy
Aug 06, 2010, 08:28 PM
Suspended Account
I'm pretty sure a quadra doesn't have points as it uses a magneto
Aug 06, 2010, 11:20 PM
Suspended Account
The QUadra is a very reliable engine. Two things can make it misbehave, the ignition and the carburetor. seems that you had a look at the ignition.
Remove the carburetor plate, the one which is hel by one large screw, while being careful not to tear any gaskets. You will find a mesh filter behind it thats probably clogged. Give the carb a good cleaning whit carburetor cleaning fluid. If the problem persists you will have to take the carb apart completely , clean thouroughly and reassemble.
Aug 09, 2010, 09:37 PM
Early Quadras had points. If you have it apart again, turn the crank till the points are the most open and they should be set at 16 thou. gap.

Gord.

Quick Reply