DW Foamies 48" Hempel AeroCub build..... - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 05, 2010, 01:41 PM
I'm going flying..........
New Product

DW Foamies 48" Hempel AeroCub build.....

Mike at www.DWFoamies.com e-mailed me a early copy of the new release 48" Hempel AeroCub Manual to proof read and give some feed back. A week later he has me pick up a kit to evaluate the build/assembly. (What was a going to say,NO?)

It was my idea to take a bunch of pictures along the way and do a build thread/picture walk thru to give RCG members a place to discuss and get a closer look at this new kit.

As I have stated here before, I'm always impressed w/the innovation that comes out of what I call "DW Skunkworks" From the ground breaking 55" BAF series w/its amazing hinge system to the new 40" line to small ways of doing thing that make you go "Why did I not think of that!!"

The new 48" Hempel AeroCub is another great leap forward in what DWFoamies can do w/Depron. From the first look it just is screaming "Come-on lets go play!"
Last edited by rpmrpm; Sep 20, 2010 at 07:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2010, 01:42 PM
The Quick Assembly Instruction are another area that is a nice improvement for DW. It flows nicely, has great CAD images, and a parts used list at the bottom of each page. Mike had said this took quit some time to do and I think the results are well worth the effort.

I received my AeroCub w/the optional DWFoamies "Power-Package" This includes DW's Dynamo line of 2217 motor and 18amp ESC, 4 metal gear digital micro servos and APC prop. All nicely packaged. The AeroCub comes w/all the hardware needed. If you purchase a AeroCub w/the "Power-Package" and "Glue-Kit" you need nothing else but razor and steel ruler to complete, after you solder the ESC connections . My hardware box even had 2 allen wrench's taped to the inside lid.
Last edited by rpmrpm; Aug 05, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
Aug 05, 2010, 01:46 PM
Cabin "Sandwich"....IMO this is the trickiest but coolest part of the plane.

Note, supplied front window cabin stickers are applied to separate right and left depron cabin sides. The stickers I made (colored packing tape) for rear cabin windows apply to right and left of upper fuse.

PS: rear cabin window stickers may be included in future kits.
Last edited by rpmrpm; Aug 05, 2010 at 10:03 PM.
Aug 05, 2010, 01:51 PM
Fuse assy.....
Last edited by rpmrpm; Aug 05, 2010 at 11:21 PM.
Aug 05, 2010, 06:34 PM
Gear, power system and final assy.....
Last edited by rpmrpm; Aug 06, 2010 at 08:29 AM.
Aug 05, 2010, 06:56 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Awesome timing! Hope to start my build this weekend.

Diggs
Aug 05, 2010, 08:51 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Funnest flying sport plane ever. Looking forward to the video..
Latest blog entry: The Pilot Yak Saga
Aug 06, 2010, 01:51 PM
ChuckB

DW Cub

I have been flying the Cub for a few weeks now and find it an amazing plane.
Handles the wind well and on the first flight put it in a hover. Not bad Mike
See the attachments
Aug 06, 2010, 01:56 PM
Ride Blue
Looks like a very nice kit!

I second Xpress - can't wait to see some video of this.
Aug 17, 2010, 07:34 PM
More Trim
Hey I am building this for Digg's. He want's me to get it ready for the next fly in. But he is missing the wing struts 6mm. I have all the rest of the carbon but that. Can I get some help ? Thanks
MoreTrim.

Oh and also the pvc wing washers I only have two of them.
Last edited by More Trim; Aug 17, 2010 at 10:34 PM.
Aug 18, 2010, 12:07 AM
Ride Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Trim
Hey I am building this for Digg's. He want's me to get it ready for the next fly in. But he is missing the wing struts 6mm. I have all the rest of the carbon but that. Can I get some help ? Thanks
MoreTrim.

Oh and also the pvc wing washers I only have two of them.
Give Mike at DWFoamies a call, he'll get you set.