This thread is privately moderated by hoppy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:38 PM
mannjulie2010
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement.
Feb 14, 2013, 08:18 AM
Space Coast USA
Post mistakenly deleted. Sorry.

Originally Posted by v00d0o
Ok, I guess it is a lot about trial and error.. I was only hovering.
I've got to fly around a bit, and put my full gopro load on it to see my true flight times.

Thanks for now
Feb 14, 2013, 08:22 AM
hoppy I think you deleted the wrong comment.

anyway... So this is basically all trial and error? I don't want to go under 3.7 no load. I'll have to do some testing to see what my voltage is during load when it is @3.7v

Edit.

Thanks hoppy
Feb 14, 2013, 04:39 PM
That's a funny word
Here's another idea if you have the equipment. Toggle between the loaded and unloaded currents while watching the voltage. A CBA will do this on "duty cycle" tests easily allowing one to fairly accurately determine the relationship between the specific voltages. It can range a LOT and can also range because of temp.
Feb 14, 2013, 05:35 PM
Space Coast USA
Quote:
hoppy I think you deleted the wrong comment.

anyway... So this is basically all trial and error? I don't want to go under 3.7 no load. I'll have to do some testing to see what my voltage is during load when it is @3.7v

Edit.

Thanks hoppy
Test and evaluate, that's the procedure. Using the chart, you can estimate after one timed run about how long it will take to get to 80%. For instance, if you fly for 5 min and the pack is 50% depleted, than another 2 1/2 minutes would put it around 75%.
Feb 14, 2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks,

I've got my battery here. I'm not sure if its faulty or not.

I charge it balanced so a total of 12.6v - 4.20v per cell

But after I leave it couple minutes.. it goes to around 12.5v - 4.17 to 4.19 per cell..

is this normal?
Feb 14, 2013, 06:41 PM
Space Coast USA
Perfectly normal.
Feb 14, 2013, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy
Perfectly normal.
Right on!

I may end up getting an OSD to see what I need to see on the screen... That way I'll know when to land. No guessing!
Feb 14, 2013, 09:46 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
Quote:

I may end up getting an OSD to see what I need to see on the screen... That way I'll know when to land. No guessing!
That is what the timer in your TX is for.
Feb 20, 2013, 07:17 AM

Albeit I am a newbie at rc flying, I forget to flick the timer switch. A nice bright egg timer ticking is easy to see, set and get used to rather than a setting in the thrid page of the TX computer and a flick-switch on the top... Also for beginners with something like a DX5 the egg timer always works

Mar 22, 2013, 12:08 PM
Pelagicide

Any hope of resurrection?

Ah, I totally goofed and let my attention wander, and over discharged a brand new Turnigy Nano Tech 3s 1600mah 25-50C lipo - down to a voltage level of 8.2 v ... yes, I know - I'm an idiot. There is no puffing on the battery at all - is there any way to resurrect this battery? When I put in on my charger, I get a msg. saying the voltage is too low.

Is it destined for the lipo afterlife, and simultaneously teaching me a very expensive lesson to take my ADD meds and pay attention, or can it possibly be salvaged?

Thanks - feeling stupid - Joe
Mar 22, 2013, 12:22 PM
Space Coast USA
Hi Joe, check out the Sticky, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1074181

I'd do the charge outside or in a firesafe place. Probably no problems but it pays to play safe.

Some reading on battery problems. http://www.mpoweruk.com/lithium_failures.htm
Last edited by hoppy; Mar 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM.
Mar 22, 2013, 09:48 PM
Pelagicide

Thanks for the hope

I was just sitting here working on my quad, with my (dead) brand new nano-tech battery - then saw your post - thanks ! There's a glimmer of hope! I really was not wanting to cut the leads off of it and re-use the XT60 in a wiring harness - that would be one expensive wiring harness! I'll give it a try tomorrow and post back ... crossing my fingers.
Mar 24, 2013, 09:48 PM
The sooner the better. The more time spent below safe minimum the more potential for permanent damage.
Mar 25, 2013, 08:02 AM
I had a tx lipo that I left on. It went dead. I did a no no and took it out side where I shocked it with a 12 volt car battery. I didn't do it very long, maybe 10 seconds at a time for 3 times.
After that I charged it at 300 ma.
That was last year and so far it seems to of held.
I know I should be discharging my Tx batt to between usage but I havn't done that either.
Are the lipo Tx batteries any different.