Please post your OSD Pro wiring diagrams here! - Page 3 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 02, 2011, 12:54 PM
Registered User
Hi there,

Not another FPV Newbie I hear you cry!

Anyway, seem to be running around in circles, or maybe over-complicating things, but putting together an EasyStar with a basic setup and fpv 5.8Ghz 200mW equipment bought from ebay. All seems to be working ok, but also bought an eagletree osd Pro, V4 datalogger and gps. Before I melt anything, just wanted to ask how people have connected the video through the OSD? My camera is connected by a single cable to the tx and seems to get it's power from the tx which has a separate battery connected to it, so I'm guessing I simply cut the wire currently connecting the Tx and camera and solder servo connectors on either of the cut ends to connect to the vid in/out on the osd? This way the power for the camera goes through the OSD? Is that about right? Apologies for the long winded txt...

(I think I've found the answer on p7 of the manual...but before I cut anything...)

Cheers

Manj

UK
Last edited by manjx15; Oct 02, 2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: think I've found the answer...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 02, 2011, 07:58 PM
First to go over 106K feet
Crist Rigotti's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by manjx15
Hi there,

Not another FPV Newbie I hear you cry!

Anyway, seem to be running around in circles, or maybe over-complicating things, but putting together an EasyStar with a basic setup and fpv 5.8Ghz 200mW equipment bought from ebay. All seems to be working ok, but also bought an eagletree osd Pro, V4 datalogger and gps. Before I melt anything, just wanted to ask how people have connected the video through the OSD? My camera is connected by a single cable to the tx and seems to get it's power from the tx which has a separate battery connected to it, so I'm guessing I simply cut the wire currently connecting the Tx and camera and solder servo connectors on either of the cut ends to connect to the vid in/out on the osd? This way the power for the camera goes through the OSD? Is that about right? Apologies for the long winded txt...

(I think I've found the answer on p7 of the manual...but before I cut anything...)

Cheers

Manj

UK
Yup, sounds right.
Oct 11, 2011, 01:29 PM
Registered User
hello.. im kinda noobie here for fpv.. i have my epp-fpv and plan to put co-pilot on it. Can anyone here confirms.the the co-pilot is still working on their new harware versions??? and they perform well also?? easy to use?? im using eloggerV,osd pro,gpsV4. will still the diagram how to connect the co pilot. using temp 2 & 3 will still work?and how about the settings configuring on pc?? any one advice?? many many thanks!!.. sorry for the many questions..and bad eng..hehe..thanks!
Nov 17, 2011, 12:41 AM
Registered User
Still no update??here??
Nov 22, 2011, 05:02 PM
billpa's Avatar
Hi, I would recommend the Guardian stabilization module, discussed here.
Dec 04, 2011, 04:04 AM
kalps
I am very new at FPV, i just bought Eagle Tree System Data Logger, came with a MicroPower V4 E-Logger rated to 70 volts and 150 amps, a GPS Expander V4, a Power Panel LCD Display, a Brushless Electric Motor RPM Sensor, and three Micro Temperature Sensors. Will i still require OSD PRO module??

Thanks
Dec 07, 2011, 07:28 AM
ScratchCrasher
sfakias's Avatar
Hi all!

I would really appreciate if one of you experienced persons out there could spend a little bit of time to have a look at my wiring diagram (attached).

I have not fired up the complete system yet, and according to the definition of ground loops that I read recently, there should be many there... Is that correct? Could that affect video signal quality, or (more importantly) melt the thin wires that connect the OSD to the e-logger? Any suggestions to improve the wiring?

Thank you in advance for your great help.



Regards.
Dec 21, 2011, 02:13 PM
Registered User
balsabuster2004's Avatar

My diagram


I drew this up so I could keep track of how the components are hooked together. Polarities are not shown. Everything works!
Dec 21, 2011, 03:14 PM
ScratchCrasher
sfakias's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004
I drew this up so I could keep track of how the components are hooked together. Polarities are not shown. Everything works!
Hello!
Is the video switcher that you are using a ready made unit, or is it something that you built?
Dec 21, 2011, 08:21 PM
Registered User
balsabuster2004's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfakias
Hello!
Is the video switcher that you are using a ready made unit, or is it something that you built?
Got mine from DPCAV http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/product.p...cat=103&page=1 ($7 shipping charge).
Jan 13, 2012, 10:55 PM
Registered User
Could someone please post a simple diagram for hooking the OSD/logger up to a single battery with a transmitter? I've been running the OSD/Logger vTX with a separate battery for awhile and it has been working great. I've got a feeling that I'm going to fry something if I just take the power leads that go the vtx and hook it up to the main battery.

The current set up is vTX battery -> vTX -> 3 pin (vid/+/-) to OSD Vid out. Camera (vid/+/-) is hooked up to vid in on OSD.

Not sure what I need to do to run the video system off the main battery to avoid loops and so forth.

thanks for the help
Mar 20, 2012, 09:33 AM
This should fly, right?
hi srk.heli!

you could run your vtx off the flight battery by connecting the vtx to the flight battery balance tap. don't think that would introduce any additional ground loop issues.

found this info on the 3s balance tap wiring in another post but the basic premise could be used for packs with any number of cells -

"...the black wire of the balance tap is neg. Simply count over (you could check it with a volt meter but there is really no need).

The first wire after the neg is 4.2v (charged), the 2nd wire will give you 8.4v and the third wire gives the full 12.6

hope this helps!

- will


Quote:
Originally Posted by srk.heli
Could someone please post a simple diagram for hooking the OSD/logger up to a single battery with a transmitter? I've been running the OSD/Logger vTX with a separate battery for awhile and it has been working great. I've got a feeling that I'm going to fry something if I just take the power leads that go the vtx and hook it up to the main battery.

The current set up is vTX battery -> vTX -> 3 pin (vid/+/-) to OSD Vid out. Camera (vid/+/-) is hooked up to vid in on OSD.

Not sure what I need to do to run the video system off the main battery to avoid loops and so forth.

thanks for the help
Mar 20, 2012, 10:51 AM
Registered User
balsabuster2004's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkindred
hi srk.heli!

you could run your vtx off the flight battery by connecting the vtx to the flight battery balance tap. don't think that would introduce any additional ground loop issues.

found this info on the 3s balance tap wiring in another post but the basic premise could be used for packs with any number of cells -

"...the black wire of the balance tap is neg. Simply count over (you could check it with a volt meter but there is really no need).

The first wire after the neg is 4.2v (charged), the 2nd wire will give you 8.4v and the third wire gives the full 12.6

hope this helps!

- will
This will also result in an unbalanced battery.
Mar 21, 2012, 03:09 PM
This should fly, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004
This will also result in an unbalanced battery.
...and thus the modern age has produced the balance charger to bring the cosmos back into alignment.
Mar 21, 2012, 03:18 PM
This should fly, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsabuster2004
This will also result in an unbalanced battery.
in theory, tapping @ the 12v lead should draw from all 3 cells of the 3s battery. how would this result in an unbalanced battery?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Please post your brushless motor pole count here billpa Eagle Tree Systems 91 May 05, 2015 01:31 AM
Discussion Please post photos of your sensor installations here! billpa Eagle Tree Systems 8 Jul 09, 2011 06:21 AM
Discussion Post your small flying field video here! Lafayette Aerial Photography 38 Sep 05, 2010 02:46 AM
Help! Noob needs help wiring elogger-v3/OSD Pro Mykro Eagle Tree Systems 7 Jun 25, 2010 01:59 AM
PLEASE post pics of your Tiger Moths here!! JREEVES Parkflyers 3 Oct 26, 2001 10:51 PM