Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 25, 2003, 09:09 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO

Wasp With Pjs300

Heres a photo of my Wasp so far.
Plan to use that 300 laying next to it.
4th of July is coming up so I got a little patriotic.
Plan on using clear covering. Hope the paint did not add to much weight but with the 300 I should have plenty of power. If not I plan to use a dual IPS.
Will keep you posted

Larry
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2003, 09:22 PM
"Superior Air Power"
Larry;
Love the patriotisim! Your wasp will not be under powered with the PJS 300! It's far and above more power then a Dual IPS. I upgraded to the D-IPS on my Wasp and it helped but it flew very well with the IPS DXA. My avitar is of my Wasp flying inverted with the original IPS. Yours will be more like Tres' with the geared 010!
Have fun and don't forget to post more photos and videos if you can.

John
Jun 26, 2003, 03:49 PM
hmmm.... American colors, Candadian plane. Larry, are you trying to make some kind of political trouble for us?

WJ
Jun 28, 2003, 12:36 AM
SPFD....looks great!....

Bill,

Are colors are red and white....and we drink a lot of blue (labatt's)
up here, so I think it can work both ways.....

D
Jul 26, 2003, 08:50 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Did you miss me.
Sorry I been fooling around with other planes.
Got back to the Wasp, Just about ready to fly.
Need to figuire how to mount the prop.

This is it so far
Last edited by SPFD-E-FLYER; Jul 26, 2003 at 09:45 PM.
Jul 26, 2003, 08:50 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO

Larry
Jul 26, 2003, 10:01 PM
Motor Maniac
Yes, it will require a prop to fly. There are a couple of options. One is to use a prop adapter. Can't give you any details on this since I didn't go this way.

The second option is to attach something to the drive shaft to act as a prop saver, then rubber-band the prop to the prop saver. This is what I did. Most people going this option use a popsicle stick to make the prop saver, but I modified one of the GWS prop savers and think it is the best way to go.

What prop and batter will you use?
Jul 27, 2003, 10:19 AM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Hey 10Thumbs

I have a prop adapter that will fit the 4mm shaft.
The only problem is finding a prop that will fit the adapter.

As far as batteries goes. Good question. I will start with a 9x6 prop and a 2 cell or 3 cell 1200 lipoly

I will take any advice
Larry
Jul 27, 2003, 03:09 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Well I ran the 3s 1200 pack with a 9x6 prop.
Started with 8 amps or so at WOT.

Held it in front a big fan and ran it at about 1/2 throttle for about a minute. It was getting hot. I used nylon tubing for my motor mount and it started to soften it up some.

Less prop/Less batteries.

Thinking about just putting a Geared Astro 10 or a Dual IPS that I have laying around and save the 300 for another project.

Larry
Jul 27, 2003, 03:47 PM
Three Lipos are too much for the PJS300. Can you try only 2 cells in series? That might impress you
-Mike
Jul 27, 2003, 03:53 PM
What Mike said,try two 1200s and a 10x6 GWS HD prop.If you don't have the 2 cell packs,you could try a 9x5 HD prop with 3 cells.
Jul 27, 2003, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I concur, you'll probably be pleased with the performance of a 2-cell pack and that motor to start.
Jul 27, 2003, 10:15 PM
Larry, the GWS 10x6 Hyper Drive prop has a 4mm shaft hole. Some people have said it's the best performing prop they've tried on a PJS-300. Unfortunately, the 9x5 and 8x4 HD props inexplicably have 5mm shaft holes instead of 4mm.

As other have noted, those running the 10x6 HD were only using a pair of LiPos, not a 3-cell pack. Also, I don't think that the PJS-300 is designed to be run at >6A, so you should be very careful with that 8A setup.
Last edited by Dave Hederich; Jul 27, 2003 at 10:18 PM.