Aug 03, 2010, 06:02 AM
Help!

Swashplate Leveler for a Wasp v3?

Has anyone used a swashplate leveler when setting up their Wasp V3?
I wouldn't mind buying one but can't find one for a 3mm shaft
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilo View Post
Has anyone used a swashplate leveler when setting up their Wasp V3?
I wouldn't mind buying one but can't find one for a 3mm shaft
Yes, these swashplate leveling tools for the Skyartec 3mm shaft are difficult to find. I am working on a source to bring some in and will update with more information here when we have some to offer at our site.

UPDATE:
Still not able to find a swashplate leveler we are satisfied will work properly on the Skyartec Helicopters; we are still looking
Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
Last edited by Parkflying; Dec 27, 2010 at 01:15 PM.
Jan 08, 2011, 02:30 AM
Hi, I'm very new to this game, so excuse me if my response is elementary or basically silly. I have a Wasp V3, which I managed to crash quite easily first time out. Anyhow after rebuilding I had a spare main gear, this may be a bit crude, but I found that inverting the main gear on the shaft above the swash plate gave me a good indication of how level the swash plate was. Hope this helps.
Jan 10, 2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigs might fly View Post
Hi, I'm very new to this game, so excuse me if my response is elementary or basically silly. I have a Wasp V3, which I managed to crash quite easily first time out. Anyhow after rebuilding I had a spare main gear, this may be a bit crude, but I found that inverting the main gear on the shaft above the swash plate gave me a good indication of how level the swash plate was. Hope this helps.
Very cool idea!

Max
Jan 11, 2011, 02:39 AM
Thanks Max, I had seen various suggestions in the forums & thought that what I did, whilst not perfect, was probably more accurate than attaching a cable tie (which was one of the solutions I had seen). Anyway I'm a total newbie, just caught the bug after buying a little coax from the local shopping centre as they looked so intriguing. I'm really enjoying these forums & learning heaps - one day I might even to be able to do a passable effort at flying my V3.