Sep 07, 2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLego View Post
...haha
Hee hee, I'll bet you would do very well! I hope you'll give it a go!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2011, 03:21 PM
RC Flying;Lego Contraption Guy
I just found out the Joplin Fire Department has a motor lifeboat as well! how cool.
Sep 09, 2011, 10:54 AM
Fast Cal

Mr Lego keep your boat local

Hey Lego Man keep your boat as the Coast Guard Boat but put a fire monitor to it, or better yet add a machine gun turret to it.
Sep 09, 2011, 10:56 AM
Todd Fleury
Here is the finished fleet. I have made some serious changes to the Proboat Formula this week and it should really go. See you all in three weeks.
Sep 09, 2011, 10:59 AM
Fast Cal
Sport 40 II SHAWWWWWINGGGG!!!!!!! Nice looking hydro and can't wait to see what you did to the Formula and both of them run!!!
Sep 09, 2011, 12:19 PM
Todd Fleury
The changes I made to the Formula were quite extensive except replacing the engine. The rear strut now contains boca bearings which reduce friction on the drive dog. I replaced the standard receiver with a Spektrum Marine receiver. I removed both servos and replaced them with HPI Racing waterproof servos. I am now using a Spektrum rechargeable battery to power the receiver. The new servos have been re-epoxied to the hull, as the original ones were a little loose from the factory. I then removed the original power switch with a nice Spektrum power switch and attached it to the radio box cover. The new prop an Octura Y535 has been sharpened and balanced from Props4U. And last but not least, replaced bushings in the motor and put in boca bearings. This thing should really go. I also don't have to worry about water getting into the hull since I am using all marine equipment.
Sep 09, 2011, 12:39 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Quote:
I just found out the Joplin Fire Department has a motor lifeboat as well! how cool.
Wow that boat needs some TLC...I've never seen a fire department neglect it's equipment before....
Sep 09, 2011, 12:58 PM
Fast Cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sport 40 II View Post
The changes I made to the Formula were quite extensive except replacing the engine. The rear strut now contains boca bearings which reduce friction on the drive dog. I replaced the standard receiver with a Spektrum Marine receiver. I removed both servos and replaced them with HPI Racing waterproof servos. I am now using a Spektrum rechargeable battery to power the receiver. The new servos have been re-epoxied to the hull, as the original ones were a little loose from the factory. I then removed the original power switch with a nice Spektrum power switch and attached it to the radio box cover. The new prop an Octura Y535 has been sharpened and balanced from Props4U. And last but not least, replaced bushings in the motor and put in boca bearings. This thing should really go. I also don't have to worry about water getting into the hull since I am using all marine equipment.
Again I say can't wait to see both run. Hope there is enough downforce on your Winston
Sep 09, 2011, 04:22 PM
hi!
Sep 09, 2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceJ View Post
hi!
Oh yeah? I bet you wont say that TO MY FACE!!! ....wait sorry this is the right thread isnt it?
Sep 09, 2011, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
Oh yeah? I bet you wont say that TO MY FACE!!! ....wait sorry this is the right thread isnt it?
I bet you I can say that to your face! and!!! I'll say how you doing? as well as I hope youre doing fine as well!
Sep 10, 2011, 09:23 AM
Mr Lego,
Nice Coast Guard boat. I wish I lived a little closer to SF so I could play at the lake with you guys.
Here are some cool youtube videos that Boomer1 linked on another thread.

Coast Guard Station Monterey 47-foot motor lifeboats (2 min 17 sec)

Coast Guard 47 Foot Motor Lifeboat Compilation (2 min 0 sec)

Coast Guard vs Rough Seas... Checto Bar (2 min 23 sec)
Sep 10, 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vspeeds View Post
Mr Lego,
Nice Coast Guard boat. I wish I lived a little closer to SF so I could play at the lake with you guys.
Here are some cool youtube videos that Boomer1 linked on another thread.

awesome!

Its not too late to start moving Vspeeds! San Francisco is an ok place to live. Maybe we could somehow find a lake that is about 45 minutes away from both of us.... that would even out the commute times!
Sep 10, 2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero View Post
hah... what is this? battle of the nicest??
Sep 11, 2011, 07:58 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA
Quote:
hah... what is this? battle of the nicest??
Arrrghhh... Somebody pass the insulin...

Anyway, twas a nice day for a contest today, warm (mid sixties) with scatted high overcast and not too much of a breeze at The Lake.

Kevin <MrLego> entered a Club contest for, I think, the very first time and walked off with first place with his 47' Paramedics' MLB! Good going Kevin!

I'll have some pictures for everyone later after I sort through today's shots.
Latest blog entry: Ah, To be young again...

Quick Reply