Jul 21, 2019, 08:39 PM
Thank you for posting, and your link worked fine!

I see Ron did make it down from Canada. I wish Troy, Capt. Ron, and myself, could have been there.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2019, 09:22 PM

Video from the Tug fest

Tug Fest 2019 July 21 Spreckels lake (3 min 10 sec)

Here some video of todays Tug Fest
Jul 22, 2019, 03:35 AM
Cannonman

Great. Thank you.

Any other photos from anyone else happily devoured when posted!
Jul 22, 2019, 05:26 PM
Thought I would post the results for 2019 TugFest
Jul 22, 2019, 05:33 PM
Got a flyer from the LA bunch on a Fun Run in Elk Grove (Sacremento) so will try to post.
Jul 22, 2019, 05:39 PM
Lee,
Thanks for posting the results.
Jul 23, 2019, 06:21 PM
I havent been on this forum in awhile. I just started to sail my boats again after a few years but here in my hometown of Elk Grove. CaptLee sent out a flyer in post# 5750 of our “2019 Fun Run and Review”. Hope to see you guys out here in Elk Grove Saturday September 7, 2019.

Please keep posting pictures of the Spreckels Lake get togethers
Jul 23, 2019, 07:14 PM
Vspeeds Send me a e-mail occasionally at [email protected] so we are aware of what's happening out in the hinterlands. Am figuring on being there, been a bit since we were on the Elk Grove water. Feel free to post here but it is so easy to create a place of your own on the forum I would recommend it. Also the Santa Rosa bunch needs to be contacted.
Jul 23, 2019, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptLee
Vspeeds Send me a e-mail occasionally at [email protected] so we are aware of what's happening out in the hinterlands. Am figuring on being there, been a bit since we were on the Elk Grove water. Feel free to post here but it is so easy to create a place of your own on the forum I would recommend it. Also the Santa Rosa bunch needs to be contacted.
Will do Lee. Thanks for the tip on creating our own forum thread here. Ill run it by the guys.
Aug 25, 2019, 01:25 PM
Spreckels Lake, GGP, SF, CA

Hobby Co: Last ‘hobby’ shop in SF closes doors.

Well, we are at the end of an era. San Francisco is now officially a “hobby desert” with the closing of The Hobby Company which most of us referred to as HobbyCo, located at 16th Avenue and Geary Boulevard after 44 years; the LAST hobby shop in The City is gone!!

Hobby Company was a generalist’s crafts and hobby shop with about 50% of the shop segregated and given over to handi-crafts and doll houses, but there were always a selection of plastic and wooden models and a range of supplies and tools to build and R/C them.

The clerk on duty said that they were forced out because the building was undergoing an earthquake retrofit. They hope to find a new location.

Everything is 30% off but there are a few R/C kit items left, as well as some K&S metal items and other things R/Cish but the plastic models are pretty much all gone.

(I corrected the store name to The Hobby Company... I should know better than post late at night *sigh*. Sorry.)
Last edited by craig_c; Aug 31, 2019 at 03:21 PM.
Aug 25, 2019, 05:11 PM

Lazy day at Spreckels lake

Only a few of us on the lake today. No wind, but real foggy.

here's a link to a few pictures
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGuiBrb
Aug 25, 2019, 05:51 PM
Craig,

The location seams about right, but I don't recognize the name.

Remembering what was in the bay area when I lived at the lake, that is a shame.
Aug 26, 2019, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_c
Well, we are at the end of an era. San Francisco is now officially a “hobby desert” with the closing of House of Hobbies located at 16th Avenue and Geary Boulevard after 44 years; the LAST hobby shop in The City is gone!!

House of Hobbies was a generalist’s crafts and hobby shop with about 50% of the shop segregated and given over to handi-crafts and doll houses, but there were always a selection of plastic and wooden models and a range of supplies and tools to build and R/C them.

The clerk on duty Said that they were forced out because the building was undergoing an earthquake retrofit.

Everything is 30% off but there are a few R/C kit items left, as well as some K&S metal items and other things R/Cish but the plastic models are pretty much all gone.
Would that be the old Dale Root hobby shop?
Jim
Aug 28, 2019, 12:21 AM
Me and a guy with a mustache
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_c
Well, we are at the end of an era. San Francisco is now officially a “hobby desert” with the closing of House of Hobbies located at 16th Avenue and Geary Boulevard after 44 years; the LAST hobby shop in The City is gone!!

House of Hobbies was a generalist’s crafts and hobby shop with about 50% of the shop segregated and given over to handi-crafts and doll houses, but there were always a selection of plastic and wooden models and a range of supplies and tools to build and R/C them.

The clerk on duty Said that they were forced out because the building was undergoing an earthquake retrofit.

That's sad. So many brick n mortar hobby shops closing. I had to close mine in S. San Francisco several years ago because I couldn't compete against the Internet. People would come in the shop to browse then order online. I'd see them again when something broke and they wanted me to fix it for free because it was new or still under warranty. Or they'd buy online because it was a dollar or two cheaper. Go figure.
My avatar picture is me and Jamie Hyneman in my shop. Miss having the shop, especially since I could feed my hobby addiction at a cheaper cost.
Sep 01, 2019, 06:15 PM

Impromptu Steam Fest on Spreckels lake

Didn't know about, but an impromptu STEAM Fest was happening at Spreckels lake.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGDz7a3

Quick Reply