Aug 02, 2010, 10:23 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

3D Hobby Shop Slick/DLE-30 W 42 percent Zeus

Does any one understand the instructions that come with the zeus by 42 percent products when used with the electronic ignition of the DLE-30?

I'm building the AJ Slick 70" with the DLE 30. I bought it all from 3D Hobby Shop. Ben sold me the kit along with the zeus which comes with , an A-123 2600 ma battery, a heavy duty switch with deans connector to a Y output.

I'm new to the electronic igintion systems. The instructions from 42 percent products make no sense.

With a new Aurora 9 radio, new DLE 30 and all new stuff
I'm hesitant to just plug things in to see what happens!

I called 42 percent but they are hesitant to comment beyond anything they did not sell.

I always get a busy when calling 3D Hobby Shop. The plane is built and I'm wanting to start this thing and begin breaking it in

any help would be appreciated,

thanks,

Tom Bufkin
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2010, 07:58 AM
I'm sure you probably did something about this already, but figured I'd comment.

Try calling Valley View RC (they sell both and I know JediJody has a lot of info on the flying giants forum), they may help you even if you didn't purchase from them.

If that doesn't work try the Gas Engines forum on flying giants forum. Again JediJody, Tired Old Man, and/or Al Lewis can probably help.

Brownie
Sep 16, 2010, 10:47 AM
looking at the manual:
Installation & operation of the Zeus is simple.
1. Connect the radio INPUT connector of the Zeus to your receiver or power
distribution system. Use the channel you would like to use to switch your ignition
system ON/OFF.
2. Select the output voltage your ignition system requires by placing the provided
jumper across the indicated header pins. The header block is near the OUTPUT
connector, and you can select between 5V, 6V, or 8.6V.
3. Connect your ignition system power to the OUTPUT connector of the Zeus. If you
desire a mechanical switch, you may place the switch in series with the leads to your
ignition module.
4. Mount the indicator LED in a convenient location; it will indicate to you if the Zeus is
currently providing power to your ignition. If the LED is ON, your ignition system is
receiving power and is active. If the LED is OFF, the Zeus has turned off your ignition.
5. Radio set‐up is also easy: Select a channel with a radio switch, and verify operation
by powering up the transmitter and receiver. Set the transmitter ignition control
switch to OFF. If the LED is ON, simply reverse the transmitter channel. Cycle the
switch and confirm correct operation.
6. That’s it! You are done with the installation of your new Zeus ignition controller.

it appears the radio lead goes to the channel you wish to act as the ignition on/off (I use channel 5 w/my opto kills)
the power lead goes to the ignition box power lead.

I'd use the 5v setting.

Quick Reply