Aug 01, 2010, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Is it a rumor or true about no more Li-Po's from Hobby King?

I've been hearing rumors that you can't get the higher MA Li-Po's from Hobby King into the States.

I've heard you can get 2200 or below but the large MAmp have some kind of restriction on shipping.

Has anyone heard or had any problems getting the higher MA Li-Po's?

Robert
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2010, 01:11 PM
Shade Tree Aviation #2
I just got an order of (3) 6s 5000mAh from them on Thursday. Pretty fast turnaround (I ordered last weekend). I think they were having problems about a month ago but have since resolved the issue.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberted5
I've been hearing rumors that you can't get the higher MA Li-Po's from Hobby King into the States.

I've heard you can get 2200 or below but the large MAmp have some kind of restriction on shipping.

Has anyone heard or had any problems getting the higher MA Li-Po's?

Robert
Aug 01, 2010, 02:03 PM
china changed air shipping regulations on Lipo shipping. now they all have to go surface shipping, IF you don't chose a us carrier for the transport(ups/USPS)
Aug 01, 2010, 02:15 PM
Southern Pride
Does anyone bother to do any research before posting here on RC Groups in the B & C Forum?

Must not or there would not be nearly as many post.

There are numerious Threads on the new shipping regulations (new as in close to a year old now) ,many addationaly proposed ones and such.

Flying LiPolys mayl one day be as rare as flying Dinosaurs but no time soon.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...96&postcount=1

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=shipping

I am flying over Wed. morning in my GulfStream to pick up a pair of giant Pandas and should have room left for a few thousand LiPolys if someone can get a group order together fast enough.
Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Aug 01, 2010 at 02:28 PM.
Aug 01, 2010, 03:00 PM
who dares wins
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer

I am flying over Wed. morning in my GulfStream to pick up a pair of giant Pandas and should have room left for a few thousand LiPolys if someone can get a group order together fast enough.
Charles
G550? i'll take a Panda , oh and stick with TP for the mo
Aug 01, 2010, 05:50 PM
electromaniac
AAAHHHHHHGGGGGGG the lipos are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WAIT NEVERMIND ANYHOW I HEAR PANDA TASTES LIKE CHICKEN .
Aug 01, 2010, 05:53 PM
Southern Pride
The way I understood it is that Pandas like the taste of chicken.
Aug 01, 2010, 05:53 PM
32 yrs. Of aircraft Flying!
yeah no more cheap lipo's time for you guys to start flying real lipo's, Call up thunder power and hyperion they sell you as many you need.
Latest blog entry: OMP M2 Helicopter.
Aug 01, 2010, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
yeah no more cheap lipo's time for you guys to start flying real lipo's, Call up thunder power and hyperion they sell you as many you need.

Just received 3 5000 mah 2s hardcase Turnigy and 1 2200 4s Turnigy nano tech battery this last Thursday via EMS from HK.Not sure where you're coming from.
imgumby
Aug 01, 2010, 10:55 PM
32 yrs. Of aircraft Flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgumby

Just received 3 5000 mah 2s hardcase Turnigy and 1 2200 4s Turnigy nano tech battery this last Thursday via EMS from HK.Not sure where you're coming from.
imgumby
I thought my soruce was a good one.
Latest blog entry: OMP M2 Helicopter.
Aug 02, 2010, 10:23 AM
Retired CFI Helicopter
What's that Charles ....They are being packed inside ceramic Panda figures? LOL

ANYTHING can be transported with the right transport company, packing, and fees.

Bob
Aug 02, 2010, 10:34 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
That's what I was thinking too, but you can get stoned on these forums for talking bad about Zippy/Rhino/Turnigy. They have their place in this hobby, they just aren't for me.
Aug 02, 2010, 10:46 AM
///////
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
The way I understood it is that Pandas like the taste of chicken.
Pandas don't eat meat at all
Aug 02, 2010, 10:49 AM
I just received servos and batteries from HK 5 minutes ago on an order I placed 7 days ago.
Aug 02, 2010, 11:29 AM
Has there ever been an real in-flight emergency caused by a lithium based battery being shipped in the cargo hold?

Quick Reply