Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Aug 30, 2010, 03:54 PM
Find More Posts by fluryan
I'm ordering one today. I emailed horizon hobby and they said the brushless system for losi's 1/36 micros should work just fine in the truck. I might put a video of mine up when I get it. And btw that body looks damn good. Im getting it!
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:59 PM
Find More Posts by FlyHeli?
Cool. I have a couple of those sitting around I'll give a try when I get a chance.

Rich
Old Aug 31, 2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah if it works let me know because then I will order the combo thank ya
Old Sep 01, 2010, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by redfour504life
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamaka71 View Post
thats stock? u got a micro t to compare the speed too? i would like to know the results
Old Sep 01, 2010, 03:59 PM
I would say thats stock in the video but the 1/24 sct will run between 10-15mph according to horizon hobby (i emailed them) and i saw a heavly modded micro t that went 16 stock with lipo
Old Sep 01, 2010, 04:01 PM
Find More Posts by Bowerz
Once crash at a time
I've seen micro T's that hit 60mph+. Hell, mine has a bb2 motor, ball bearings, and 2s lipo and that easily reaches 30mph.
Old Sep 02, 2010, 05:53 AM
Find More Posts by earthling1984
my unboxing and review of the losi 1/24 rally car(some great driving demonstration in this video as well as a race vs a micro DT)

Losi 1/24 4WD Rally / SCT Unboxing, Review, Maiden Drive! (13 min 48 sec)
Old Sep 02, 2010, 05:32 PM
Find More Posts by Baratacus
Post Digger
awesome vid! i LOVE the way that ralley car jumps so flat! handles great too. I was surprised that it was the same speed as the DT, but I guesse it looses some power through the AWD gearing. Does it come with bearings or is that an upgrade item? I've found that bearings make a huge difference in AWD shaft driven vehicles.
Old Sep 02, 2010, 09:30 PM
Find More Posts by darksiede
Foaming at the mouth..
Well, I got one of the Rally cars today!

Talked to the owner about them at my LHS.. and it was between the micro crawler and the rally for me.. I ended up with the rally but still want the crawler!

He said they run theirs stock on 2s all of the time, but it has no LVC. I fly lots of micro planes and have plenty of sub 500mah 2s packs.. so I bought a set of the stock style connectors and made an adapter to go to mini jst. Then with a 6" velcro strap around the chassis through the side nerf bars, I held in a 430mah 2s pack and hooked it up.

Stock on the nimh is definitely in the 10-15mph range.. stock on 2s is 23mph clocked against my wife in the car!

I also happen to have an 11,000kv 12mmX20mm brushless inrunner with a 5a bl esc.. If I can come up with one of my older Rx's Ill press my classic futaba into work again and set it all up.. should be a bloody screamer doing 2s on that inrunner.. which came stock with a 14t pinion of the correct pitch, and will bolt right in!

~Kev
Old Sep 02, 2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratacus View Post
awesome vid! i LOVE the way that ralley car jumps so flat! handles great too. I was surprised that it was the same speed as the DT, but I guesse it looses some power through the AWD gearing. Does it come with bearings or is that an upgrade item? I've found that bearings make a huge difference in AWD shaft driven vehicles.
it comes stock with bearings and threaded axles, only upgrade I did was 2s lipo over the stock nimh
Old Sep 06, 2010, 10:48 PM
I installed a losi 1050kv motor with turnigy 18a esc and HK GT-2 2.4Ghz rx. I am running it on 2s losi lipo. I really like this setup and love this micro car

Rich
Old Sep 07, 2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHeli? View Post
I installed a losi 1050kv motor with turnigy 18a esc and HK GT-2 2.4Ghz rx. I am running it on 2s losi lipo. I really like this setup and love this micro car

Rich
awesome, I bet that thing is fast. 2cell lipo probably better choice because it is still probably really fast with the brushless motor, and a 3cell is more likely to chew up the gears.
Old Sep 07, 2010, 03:52 PM
I ordered mine aug 30 and it still is not here. I live in ohio it was shipping from illonois. i want it so bad how long did it take to get it for you guys?
Old Sep 07, 2010, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthling1984 View Post
awesome, I bet that thing is fast. 2cell lipo probably better choice because it is still probably really fast with the brushless motor, and a 3cell is more likely to chew up the gears.
I did try a 3s Hyperion 120mah 25c lipo when I first did the conversion. I only ran it for a minute because it sounded like something was going to let go. I did try a 8750kv losi motor with the 3s lipo and it was insanely fast. But I really want to stay with 2s lipo on this car so I went with the 1050kv motor. Next I will make a couple of 2s battery packs out of Zippy 400mah 20c single cells from hobbyking.

Rich
Old Sep 07, 2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluryan View Post
I ordered mine aug 30 and it still is not here. I live in ohio it was shipping from illonois. i want it so bad how long did it take to get it for you guys?
I got mine from a Hobbytown in my area. They only got 4 in their first shipment and I got the last one This was a couple of weeks ago.

Rich