View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 776 86.61%
were just asking for too much 120 13.39%
Voters: 896. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 17, 2010, 06:52 PM
Just gotta mod. it
Great gear work Patty..Well it is official...my DX5e is my binding problem. Switched to my LP5DSM that came with the Blade heli I bought. No more problems, binds to all the fleet...no expo still but at least I can go flying if the wind ever stops.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2010, 10:25 AM
Is it Friday yet?
Here are a couple pics of my T-28 with some graphics from Callie Graphics.

Oct 18, 2010, 11:12 AM
Registered Addict
Love the rudder
Oct 19, 2010, 01:18 PM
Hi guys. After purchasing the UM T-28 last Sunday (i.e., 2 days ago) as my second plane after learning to fly on the HZ Champ (and reading all the posts in this thread), I've just been putting a few hours on her learning ailerons. I share the opinions of most in this thread that this Trojan is just amazing. I've been flying mostly at half throttle just learning how the plane reacts to input and learning how I should be providing input in various circumstances.

So now my kids want to see me do a roll. Yesterday I got her up pretty high and then opened up to full throttle, angled her up a little and gave her full right aileron. Meh. Pretty lousy roll.

Can you guys give me some tips on the best way to execute a roll on this bird? I promise that I'll be putting your advice to good use and practicing the maneuver for days. Thanks in advance.
Oct 19, 2010, 01:40 PM
Elfi Flyer
I've only got 4 or 5 flights experience with the UM T-28, more with the parkflyer version. I also found an aileron roll, via aileron input only, to be rather slow. Note that a very slow aileron roll is usually difficult to perform. I found that adding rudder and aileron input at the same time will help cork-screw the little bugger right around rather quickly. Start with aileron and immediately feed in some same side rudder, i.e. left aileron and left rudder. Dont forget a slight bump of down elevator when the plane is completely upside down. Snap both aileron and rudder to neutral just at you complete the roll and you should have a fine exit....fully upright and level. Takes some practice, and do this when you are at least 3 mistakes high during the learning phase.

Good luck

RD

BTW: No need to do this with the UM Mustang.
Oct 19, 2010, 05:35 PM
First off, Have you moved the surfaces to their full capabilities? Move the control rod, to the hole closest to the surface, for the elevator and rudder. If you open up the T-28, I think you can move the aileron control rod in a bit as well.

Second: If you do full rudder and full aileron, it will go much quicker, but will do a roll that is not in line with the fuselage. It will do more of a corkscrew.

To make your rolls look nicer, add in a little up elevator right before the roll, so it is pointing towards the sky. Then do the roll, right after that. You do that because when you roll you lose some altitude. If you really want it to look nice, you can add in some down elevator, when the plane is upside down during the roll. Just enough to keep it level.

It will help to try that out on a sim (If you have one)

Otherwise, just go up high and give it a go!

Good luck,
Ben
Oct 19, 2010, 05:57 PM
Just gotta mod. it
I know I should have moved the lights lower but that was as far as the wires would allow for.Canabilized my mcx2 heli lights but the strobe would not work so I cut it off. Not permenent so no big deal...looks ok nice and bright.
Cause it's too darn windy to fly (0 min 45 sec)
Oct 19, 2010, 06:00 PM
Up Up and Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianufo
I know I should have moved the lights lower but that was as far as the wires would allow for.Canabilized my mcx2 heli lights but the strobe would not work so I cut it off. Not permenent so no big deal...looks ok nice and bright.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC11hHz8S68
nice lights

next time you should order tiny brite lights
Oct 19, 2010, 06:08 PM
Just gotta mod. it
thanks...lol I was just playing around with what I had on hand. Will get proper set when that canopy set comes in.Too windy to fly even the champ been like this for almost 2 weeks now.
Oct 19, 2010, 08:00 PM
Up Up and Away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianufo
thanks...lol I was just playing around with what I had on hand. Will get proper set when that canopy set comes in.Too windy to fly even the champ been like this for almost 2 weeks now.
that sucks, we have no wind here for the past 2 weeks lol
Oct 20, 2010, 01:58 PM
My job ate my life
Anyone have any issues with the elevator servo binding, or not working correctly? I have and intermittent problem with this. It will work fine for a test, but then lock up intermittently during flight. Has caused me to crash twice.
Oct 20, 2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer
Anyone have any issues with the elevator servo binding, or not working correctly? I have and intermittent problem with this. It will work fine for a test, but then lock up intermittently during flight. Has caused me to crash twice.
Look where the control rod is coming out of the side of the plane. Mine was sticking to the decal and was causing it to bind. Just trim the decal away from it and that should fix the problem.
Oct 20, 2010, 04:37 PM
Quote:
If you have had the fuselage cut open, check to make sure the control rod is not positioned wrong. I put mine back together one time and had the little peg that helps position the top half pressing down over the control rod. If I put it back together right, the control rod to the elev. rests at the top of the groove in the side and works freely.
Oct 20, 2010, 04:48 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
If its locking up at full travel, this is a common problem with the AR6400. Reduce the throw in the tx to 90% and it should stop locking up. If you have a RTF and use a RTF TX, you can trim the elevator away from the side its locking up on and retrim the plane to neutral by bending the Pushrod... or call Horizon and tell them you have a defective brick.
Oct 20, 2010, 05:45 PM
My job ate my life
What it's doing, is its not giving up elevator when the stick is moved. It will give down elevator with no problem, and all other inputs work correctly. As I said before, the problem is intermittent though. Can't pinpoint what makes it happen.

Quick Reply