View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 776 86.61%
were just asking for too much 120 13.39%
Voters: 896. You may not vote on this poll

Jan 06, 2012, 09:52 AM
How's the neighbor's window?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2012, 10:29 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Last time I took the Trojan out to fly, it turned out to be too windy, had to be 8-10 sustained with gusts up to 15 or so, threw the planes around quite a bit.

One thing I was worried about, there were several times when I would come around and bring the nose into the wind, the thing would screech like a banshee, sounded like a failing bearing or a squealing fan belt on a car.

First time it happened I brought it down and inspected the gears through the cowl a bit, didn't see anything. My flying buddy asked if it only happened flying into the wind, turned out it was.

Could the screeching be caused by the wind gusts trying to spin the propeller faster than the motor was spinning it?
Jan 06, 2012, 02:42 PM
Diverted by planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Last time I took the Trojan out to fly, it turned out to be too windy, had to be 8-10 sustained with gusts up to 15 or so, threw the planes around quite a bit.

One thing I was worried about, there were several times when I would come around and bring the nose into the wind, the thing would screech like a banshee, sounded like a failing bearing or a squealing fan belt on a car.

First time it happened I brought it down and inspected the gears through the cowl a bit, didn't see anything. My flying buddy asked if it only happened flying into the wind, turned out it was.

Could the screeching be caused by the wind gusts trying to spin the propeller faster than the motor was spinning it?
Sounds like a gear box bearing.
Jan 06, 2012, 03:07 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
That was my concern as well, but it was intermittent rather than sustained, as if the gusts were putting a strain on something.

If I get a chance to fly in calm weather that'll give me some more information, I'm concerned about the motor or gearbox crapping out on me, I've read too many anecdotes here of them failing.

Of course on the bright side if I do have to go in for the gearbox it may justify putting a motor upgrade in at the same time, though that's a little nerve wracking for my current skill level.
Jan 06, 2012, 06:42 PM
Platinum Ball3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgau
How's the neighbor's window?
he cameout and laughed, and asked how theplane was and went back inside. his window was fine
Jan 07, 2012, 08:04 PM
Always Indecisive
hey does anyone know how i can mix in a little bit of up elevator with my aileron? i tried to use a mix but when i move the aileron right, then the elevator moves down and when i move the aileron to the left, the elevator goes up. how can i get them both to go up?
Jan 07, 2012, 09:35 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68
hey does anyone know how i can mix in a little bit of up elevator with my aileron? i tried to use a mix but when i move the aileron right, then the elevator moves down and when i move the aileron to the left, the elevator goes up. how can i get them both to go up?
What radio are you using?

They all program a little different.
Jan 07, 2012, 09:58 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
What radio are you using?

They all program a little different.
spektrum dx6i.
Jan 07, 2012, 10:48 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
is the T-28 known to be tail heavy ? i have 2 um p-51's which i have been flying for awhile. i bought a T-28 for something different. i set it up like my P-51's. but it seems it just want to go nose up...with just a little wind...it acts like a 3D plane trying to hover

i moved the battery as far forward as it would go, and tweaked the elevator
Jan 07, 2012, 10:54 PM
Oh Yeah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC
is the T-28 known to be tail heavy ? i have 2 um p-51's which i have been flying for awhile. i bought a T-28 for something different. i set it up like my P-51's. but it seems it just want to go nose up...with just a little wind...it acts like a 3D plane trying to hover

i moved the battery as far forward as it would go, and tweaked the elevator
I've never noticed my T-28 being tail heavy, but I do know the UM Corsair is.
Jan 07, 2012, 10:57 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
umm mhhh. let me go look at mine i'll get back to you in a couple of min.
Jan 07, 2012, 11:02 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Ok if your going into the mix 1 you might have one of the percentages on negative and the other on positive they can go negative or positive. That may be the problem but i dont have a plane to be able to bind it to and see what things do what. I never use mixes and dont know how to set them up. But it is just a thought mabye you have one negative and the other positive.
Jan 07, 2012, 11:33 PM
Always Indecisive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoned doggie
Ok if your going into the mix 1 you might have one of the percentages on negative and the other on positive they can go negative or positive. That may be the problem but i dont have a plane to be able to bind it to and see what things do what. I never use mixes and dont know how to set them up. But it is just a thought mabye you have one negative and the other positive.
okay thanks. i will check that out.
Jan 08, 2012, 12:07 AM
Always Indecisive
I just checked it and got it figured out. The percentage in front of the D needs to be positive and the percentage in front of the U needs to be negative
Jan 08, 2012, 12:15 AM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
I just checked it and got it figured out. The percentage in front of the D needs to be positive and the percentage in front of the U needs to be negative
Yup i was right haha

Quick Reply