ParkZone Ultra Micro T-28!!! THE Owners Thread!!!! - Page 12 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 772 86.55%
were just asking for too much 120 13.45%
Voters: 892. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Aug 01, 2010, 09:52 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
A UM EDF like a mini habu would be awesome
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2010, 10:16 AM
Registered User
Lilbanks96's Avatar
I could see like a micro se5 for a relazing 3 channel just like the 250 sized eflight
Aug 01, 2010, 05:04 PM
Park Stormer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony K
If this Micro flies like the full sized, it could be the best micro produced to date, The full size 28 is an outstanding plane. Had my full sized out yesterday and flew it like i had been flying like I had been flying all my life! It actually made me look better than I realy am. I have both versions of the full sized, as much as I like the micro's I need to resist this micro 28. Trying to wait for a micro jet from PZ. Already have two PZ micro's
I'm thinking it should fly pretty close to it. While it's the heaviest, it also has the largest wingspan at 16.5 inches. I believe the current available largest is the Hobby zone champ, with a 15 inch wingspan. FWIW, the champ also has a larger box than the UM P51. That extra weight is probably due to nose steering gear and just it's overall size.

That said, the champ flies like a much larger model, very docile and floaty. My guess is the Micro T-28 will be stable, with predictable stall and great tracking. It might do ok in light breezes too.


whats irksome is that we won't see these till October (although the wild cat came in pretty quick), right around when we loose daylight, and those perfectly quiet summer evenings.
Aug 01, 2010, 05:17 PM
Power Wheels Guru
UNGN's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
I'm thinking it should fly pretty close to it. While it's the heaviest, it also has the largest wingspan at 16.5 inches. I believe the current available largest is the Hobby zone champ, with a 15 inch wingspan. FWIW, the champ also has a larger box than the UM P51. That extra weight is probably due to nose steering gear and just it's overall size.

That said, the champ flies like a much larger model, very docile and floaty. My guess is the Micro T-28 will be stable, with predictable stall and great tracking. It might do ok in light breezes too.


whats irksome is that we won't see these till October (although the wild cat came in pretty quick), right around when we loose daylight, and those perfectly quiet summer evenings.
The Champ has a 20.25" wingspan and is huge compared to other PKZ micros, but flies fine @ 41g (empty weight is 37g) and will loop from level flight at full throttle. A Mustang Motor should fly a 50 gram plane OK, and the T-28 will likely have a Mustang Motor.
Aug 01, 2010, 09:16 PM
Registered User
If the um t28 flies great like the big brother sign me up. I have had many foam edge and rag planes and the trojan is the best. Everyone says the same thing.
Aug 01, 2010, 11:06 PM
Elfi Flyer
Doug Sipprell's Avatar

Move Over!


Dang! A FlyZone Albatros is on order, and then maybe one of these UM T-28's?!? I'm running out of deck space!



RD
Aug 02, 2010, 12:28 AM
Registered User
Cheese5's Avatar
I think you can manage to start a second row or maybe build another deck for the other micros that are coming!
Aug 02, 2010, 03:29 AM
Crashomatic
CrashMeUp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell
Dang! A FlyZone Albatros is on order, and then maybe one of these UM T-28's?!? I'm running out of deck space!



RD
lol, why do you have several times the same plane?
Aug 02, 2010, 07:19 AM
Weekend Hacker
cause he can lol
Aug 02, 2010, 08:31 AM
Way to many airplanes!
I once went to the Hobby store to get a motor for my micro Mustang. They told me I had to wait one week to get one. I ordered it, but then bought a second Mustang on the spot so I could fly that week. Now, I have one at work and one at home. No need to carry the box every day anymore.

I use to have 6 Vapors as well. (now only 5). Two are at work, and 3 at home. I let anybody fly my Vapors, so they are quite often on the bench. Sure enough, a few spares are a surely welcome.
Aug 02, 2010, 10:25 AM
Park Stormer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN
The Champ has a 20.25" wingspan and is huge compared to other PKZ micros, but flies fine @ 41g (empty weight is 37g) and will loop from level flight at full throttle. A Mustang Motor should fly a 50 gram plane OK, and the T-28 will likely have a Mustang Motor.
Just checked, and your right, it's 22 inches across. don't know where I got my number from.

My UM p-51 is pretty beat up, so I'm deciding between swapping all of it's parts to a T-28 frame, or for what works out to about $40 more, just buy a whole BNF.
Aug 02, 2010, 10:56 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
Just buy the whole T-28 and use UMp51 guts in a project build
Aug 02, 2010, 02:19 PM
Just do it.
FlyFisch's Avatar
Is it possible to have a micro EDF that size?
Aug 02, 2010, 02:37 PM
Registered User
microheli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by UponorX
Is it possible to have a micro EDF that size?
Yes but EDF is scale but not efficient. I think a pusher jet is better and has longer flighttime.
Aug 02, 2010, 05:24 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
southernmd_man's Avatar
Well, I said I wouldn't tell what the planes are, but didn't say anything about hints...

Speed demon: This one'll have you flying around poles to have it.

3D: One word out of an old Rolling Stones song title.

Relaxing putter: "I've done worst than kill you Captain, I've hurt you! And I wish to go on hurting you!!" (Any geek worth his weight in gold pressed latnum knows this!)
Last edited by southernmd_man; Aug 02, 2010 at 05:57 PM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion PZ Radian or PZ T-28????? rclab1 Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 10 Jun 06, 2010 01:59 AM
Question Which is better for grass field pz t 28 or pz p51d bl friz Electric Warbirds 25 Mar 25, 2010 11:00 PM
Poll Which is better for grass field pz t 28 or pz p51d bl friz 3D Flying 0 Mar 22, 2010 09:20 PM
Sold TRADE PZ Corsair PNP for PZ T-28 HBPD Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 14, 2009 01:18 AM
Wanted Will trade for PZ F4U or T-28... WWIIace Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 12, 2009 12:41 PM