Feb 13, 2013, 11:13 AM
Do you guys have any idea where to order just the screw that goes through the bottom of the main shaft and auto gear on a v450? I appreciate the help.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA
Do you guys have any idea where to order just the screw that goes through the bottom of the main shaft and auto gear on a v450? I appreciate the help.
I am not home, so I can't check. I think your looking for a 2mm x 12mm socket cap hex screw. That would be M2x12mm. Helidirect carries them. Though, if its for the align main gear you might want to get the longer 14mm. Again, not home so I can't measure. You can try the local hardware and hobby shops too, or other online shops. I notice helidirect has cheap 12mm screws but the price goes way up for 14mm and 16mm screw. Mostly because theu are for the compass warp 360. check the LHS and others. the 12mm should work though.

m2x12:
helidirect.com/esky-m2x12-hex-head-screw-10pcs-hb-cp3-p-16854.hdx

m2x14:
helidirect.com/compass-cap-head-bolts-m2x14-warp-360-p-29232.hdx

m2x16:
helidirect.com/compass-cap-head-bolts-m2x16-warp-360-p-29231.hdx
Feb 13, 2013, 12:54 PM
That's the one, IH.... And I've been Googling like crazy and running into dead-ends. Thanks again!
Feb 13, 2013, 12:55 PM
IHW Heli Division
My v450BX flew great this morning. No more tipping and the heli was much more stable. I didn't use the beastx mounting tape. I used my own off a roll. I put one strip in front and another in back and left the middle suspended with no tape. Seems fine now, plus with the servos being tuned and getting the jitters out. The heli if just flying beautiful now.
Feb 13, 2013, 01:03 PM
I've read about the BeastX mounting tape causing problems. I was just down in Texas and that guy Ron at Heliproz South in Corpus swears by BeastX over the Align system - but hates that tape they use. I think he uses 3m. What are you using?
Feb 13, 2013, 01:24 PM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
I've read about the BeastX mounting tape causing problems. I was just down in Texas and that guy Ron at Heliproz South in Corpus swears by BeastX over the Align system - but hates that tape they use. I think he uses 3m. What are you using?
I am using 3m / scotch brand mounting tape. I usually use the fat roll of 3m extreme mounting, which is VERY hard to remove. 10lbs holding weight. The stuff I'm using right now is about 1/4" or 1/2" wide and only 2 or 5 lb. holding weight. The beastX comes with a 3m tape. but it was thinner than the roll of tape I used. Though it should work if you have little vibes. you can double them up if you remove all the film too. that is how I used to mount my 2702. double layer of 3m extreme mounting tape. But it took a crowbar to remove.
Feb 13, 2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk
I am using 3m / scotch brand mounting tape. I usually use the fat roll of 3m extreme mounting, which is VERY hard to remove. 10lbs holding weight. The stuff I'm using right now is about 1/4" or 1/2" wide and only 2 or 5 lb. holding weight. The beastX comes with a 3m tape. but it was thinner than the roll of tape I used. Though it should work if you have little vibes. you can double them up if you remove all the film too. that is how I used to mount my 2702. double layer of 3m extreme mounting tape. But it took a crowbar to remove.
Yeah, the reason I'm asking is I think I'm going to have to temporarily remove my BeastX to change the configuration (on the 480 build). There's too much tension going into it from not enough lead. (I know these BX don't like that) I just got some extensions in the mail today, so I'm going to try and get it right as I can before Spring. Speaking of which, today is actually decent out - so I'm gonna take my 300X and 130X out for a little while. Crossing my fingers that no major damage occurs.

Oh, and if anyone has any good ideas on how to get a stripped M2 screw out of the auto-gear/main shaft, let me know. Mine is stuck big time and I'm afraid to start drilling it.
Feb 13, 2013, 02:03 PM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Yeah, the reason I'm asking is I think I'm going to have to temporarily remove my BeastX to change the configuration (on the 480 build). There's too much tension going into it from not enough lead. (I know these BX don't like that) I just got some extensions in the mail today, so I'm going to try and get it right as I can before Spring. Speaking of which, today is actually decent out - so I'm gonna take my 300X and 130X out for a little while. Crossing my fingers that no major damage occurs.

Oh, and if anyone has any good ideas on how to get a stripped M2 screw out of the auto-gear/main shaft, let me know. Mine is stuck big time and I'm afraid to start drilling it.
There are no threads in the shaft hole. So I usually use a 1.5mm hex key. cut the bend off and use the long part as a tap. Bang it out with a hammer.
Feb 13, 2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
There are no threads in the shaft hole. So I usually use a 1.5mm hex key. cut the bend off and use the long part as a tap. Bang it out with a hammer.
Thank you sir. Very much appreciated.
Feb 14, 2013, 06:39 AM

Devo 10 Setup Help

I just received my Walkera V450D01 BNF and need a base line setup for my Devo 10 Transmitter. I have searched the Threads and can’t seem to find one. Any help would be appreciated. The manual only has the settings for the WK-2801PRO tx.
Feb 14, 2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBTRC
I just received my Walkera V450D01 BNF and need a base line setup for my Devo 10 Transmitter. I have searched the Threads and can’t seem to find one. Any help would be appreciated. The manual only has the settings for the WK-2801PRO tx.
This is for the D03, but it should get you started....

I'm not sure if there are any major differences in setup?
Feb 16, 2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
My v450BX flew great this morning. No more tipping and the heli was much more stable. I didn't use the beastx mounting tape. I used my own off a roll. I put one strip in front and another in back and left the middle suspended with no tape. Seems fine now, plus with the servos being tuned and getting the jitters out. The heli if just flying beautiful now.
Ok set up completed , now the v450d01 have a beastx on it
I've mounted using the original pad, the white one, just removed the part inside.

It flyes awesome, it rock steady, the 2702 reciver was good, but this is another planet...
I can also fly with zippy compact 3700 mah and the heli is perfect balanced.
I used them with the fusuno canopy for v450d01, they're the maximum , no more space available...
http://fusuno.com/product_info.php?products_id=15859
Maybe the 4000mah could be allocated but not sure...
They're only 25c but not so bad at all, if you need some more fly time and little less power. Also very cheap
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=21355

Now I need some time to test all.
Feb 16, 2013, 01:58 PM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordw0rm
Ok set up completed , now the v450d01 have a beastx on it
I've mounted using the original pad, the white one, just removed the part inside.

It flyes awesome, it rock steady, the 2702 reciver was good, but this is another planet...
I can also fly with zippy compact 3700 mah and the heli is perfect balanced.
I used them with the fusuno canopy for v450d01, they're the maximum , no more space available...
http://fusuno.com/product_info.php?products_id=15859
Maybe the 4000mah could be allocated but not sure...
They're only 25c but not so bad at all, if you need some more fly time and little less power. Also very cheap
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=21355

Now I need some time to test all.
Awesome! Glad it's working out for you! If the heli starts tipping to the left or something weird you might want to replace that white mounting pad with the gray, thin one. Otherwise you should be fine for a long while. My white pad took all this time to go "bad".

Believe it or not, i only use 20C packs in my 450. On windy days, it's a problem. But, they are only $9 each at hobbyking. When new i can get 5-6 minute flights out of them. Thats all i need. Now that i have over 100 cycles on them they are only flying about 4 minutes. My next packs will be Turnigy Nano packs because the regular have been so good. But i don't mind paying $17-$20 each for the Nano packs because they can be charged either 5C or 10C. So the cost is made up for by not needing as many batteries and being able to fast charge them at the field in about 15-20 minutes or whatever.
Feb 18, 2013, 08:32 PM
IHW Heli Division
V450BX - 104 flights with BeastX! (4 min 37 sec)
Feb 19, 2013, 09:30 AM
IHW Heli Division
V450BX - 3D at dusk 1 (4 min 33 sec)

V450BX - 3D at dusk 2 (0 min 0 sec)

Quick Reply