Apr 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
Great news!!

If you do need more oomph consider using ST1 with the same PIT curve but up the throttle to 70, 70, 80, 90, 100.
(And ST2 with that THRO curve but increase the Mid, 75 & Top pitch points and drop the bottom two by 2.5 and 5 points so you can kill an overly aggressive ascent).

I have a table of my curves somewhere already posted in this thread.
I do think learning to fly in ST1 with a THRO curve that doesn't go to zero and using THOLD is a good idea. Just make sure you THOLD PIT curve isn't linear from MIN to MAX otherwise you'll have a nasty shock first time you flick it in!
Also use monitor to make sure your bottom throttle in NORM and your THOLD values are the same or the ESC may recalibrate and when you switch back to NORM it'll spool up unexpectedly.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 13, 2012, 10:12 PM

Heli spinning circles

Got tail issue. Heli spining in circles?
- Tail servo horn is at 90 degree and goes back to 90 at rate mode.
- Tail grips and tail blades at zero pitch
( At rate mode tail goes back to center at zero pitch)
( At HH mode tail doesn't go back)

Not sure what to do at this point.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8

1-Are your tail blades rotating counterclockwise?
2-Is the leading edge of each tailblade set to rotate CCW?
3-When you give a right turn command does the tail slider move to the left?
4-When you manually rotate the heli to the right does the tail slider move to the right?
The correct answer to these questions is YES. If they are yes then the problem is probably the servo.
If any answer is NO then you have to make the necessary corrections so that all the answers are YES.
Check the servo reverse setting, and be sure it is correct.
Are you using the stock tail servo? If so then the answer to 4 should be yes.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88
1-Are your tail blades rotating counterclockwise?
2-Is the leading edge of each tailblade set to rotate CCW?
3-When you give a right turn command does the tail slider move to the left?
4-When you manually rotate the heli to the right does the tail slider move to the right?
The correct answer to these questions is YES. If they are yes then the problem is probably the servo.
If any answer is NO then you have to make the necessary corrections so that all the answers are YES.
Check the servo reverse setting, and be sure it is correct.
Are you using the stock tail servo? If so then the answer to 4 should be yes.
Thanks, I'll try these testing.
Apr 13, 2012, 11:02 PM
They call me plan B
Whats the last thing you changed? I wonder if a bad cell could cause such a thing.
Im ready to get inverted this weekend! Makes my thumbs shake just thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8

Apr 13, 2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie
Whats the last thing you changed? I wonder if a bad cell could cause such a thing.
Im ready to get inverted this weekend! Makes my thumbs shake just thinking about it.
Changed servo horn on the pitch servo, may have overtigthen the tail slider a little.
Apr 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
Check this section in the guide I linked to:

10.5.5 RUDDER GYRO REVERSE SWITCH SETTING
To check the correct gyro operation, lift the helicopter and
push the nose to the left, the pitch setting of the tail
should be the same as right rudder input from the
transmitter. If this is not the case, move the RUDD reverse
switch to the other position and re-check.
Apr 14, 2012, 07:03 AM
They call me plan B

Turn your video cams on , its flyin time

Lets get some video footage today . Happy flying to all.
Loosen that slider, i have learned not to over tighten so many things, like the tail boom on my v120 or the swash link ball on my v450 . And iff weather is bad i will be doing a full lube up on all helis, again
Apr 14, 2012, 07:36 AM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
Great news!!

If you do need more oomph consider using ST1 with the same PIT curve but up the throttle to 70, 70, 80, 90, 100.
(And ST2 with that THRO curve but increase the Mid, 75 & Top pitch points and drop the bottom two by 2.5 and 5 points so you can kill an overly aggressive ascent).

I have a table of my curves somewhere already posted in this thread.
I do think learning to fly in ST1 with a THRO curve that doesn't go to zero and using THOLD is a good idea. Just make sure you THOLD PIT curve isn't linear from MIN to MAX otherwise you'll have a nasty shock first time you flick it in!
Also use monitor to make sure your bottom throttle in NORM and your THOLD values are the same or the ESC may recalibrate and when you switch back to NORM it'll spool up unexpectedly.
thanks ill try that, also an unrelated question, does anybody know if the receiver supports PPM stream output??? A Dragon OSD is my next purchase for this, i already have my fatsharks in the mail and on the way, but id like the option of remotely setting up the osd without hooking it up to a comuter...
Apr 14, 2012, 07:38 AM
♘ Heli's Lives Matter ♘
2801-Pro & 2702V is PWM 1000-2000ms AFAIK
Apr 14, 2012, 10:51 PM
They call me plan B
I had some great flights today, the bad part about the v450 footage was i had my head cam on too low. I deleted the footage. I also had a big ground touch....wreck... At the end of a big loop. Im not sure what happened there. Check my youtube if you want to see videos. Ninja636king@youtube.com

I also went full throttle on my new trex600. Video uploaded!

I also have a short video of a loose part on my v450 . Hopefully we can find out if its a big deal. Video coming soon.
Apr 14, 2012, 11:18 PM
They call me plan B
Here my problem,... Or is it?..
GOPR0298.MP4 (0 min 25 sec)
Apr 15, 2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie
Ideally (and originally) there should be no slack in them... but I'm flying mine with the same play.
Apr 15, 2012, 05:46 AM
crashs come easy patience dont
i would be more worried about up/down play over say side/side play.
Apr 15, 2012, 08:12 AM
They call me plan B
I will just put it on my check before i fly list. Or order a new one and use parts for both v400 and v450. But thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad400
i would be more worried about up/down play over say side/side play.

Quick Reply