Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 27, 2010, 12:51 PM
Suggestion

Android App.

RCG needs an android app or mobile friendly website.

Make updates to your blog.
Check PM's.
Follow subscriptions.

-Rocko
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2010, 11:09 PM
Administrator
That would be nice. We will put it on our list!
Aug 05, 2010, 12:33 AM
Thanks for adding this idea to the list. I'm afraid to ask how long that list is.

Anyhow I wanted add some info. Tonight I tried using the standard browser on my Motorola Droid. I logged into the RCG site just fine. I needed to reply to a PM. I brought that up fine and typed my reply. After hitting send I was given an error do to a missing key or permissions of some sort. I forget the details of the error. Anyhow, it seems the limitations of the Droid browser don't allow replying to PM's. This is not a complaint, just an observation while using Android.

I'm sharing this as additional support for an Android App or website. I think a mobile website would be quicker to launch and easier to maintain.

Thanks again,
-Rocko
Aug 05, 2010, 10:47 PM
RCGroups tech support
There's a Tapatalk version for the Android devices (non-free, $3):
http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php#android
Aug 06, 2010, 07:38 AM
Mike,

This app rocks! THE RCG Forum is very easy to navigate using Tapatalk. So far I have only tried the free read-only version. I think I'll definitely be buying this app. Thanks for the feedback. This satisfies my request for accessibility from my Droid.

-Rocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kolesnikov View Post
There's a Tapatalk version for the Android devices (non-free, $3):
http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php#android
Aug 11, 2010, 12:41 PM

tapatalk

Has the tapatalk plugin been disabled? it's not working anymore.

Thanks,
-Rocko