Apr 24, 2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhebbel View Post
D01 is FBL and is still sold at wowhobbies and at a good price, and the D01 has the benefit of being fully Align compatible unlike the D03 so it doesn't matter weather they stop manufacturing parts or not because Align isn't going anywhere ;-)

WOW hobbies sells the old dated V450D01 for $299.95 + their shipping is expensive. At lest $20.00 Wow sells alot of older helis. Granted they converted to metal geared sevos. So we have $320.00 for outdated product.
Bang good sells V450D03 for $237.00 free shipping, plus just got code for 12% discount. Discount will come to about $25.00. So about $210.00-$215.00 to my door. Money I save buyV922 RTF also.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2013, 06:52 PM
"Watch this!.... Oh crap"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
WOW hobbies sells the old dated V450D01 for $299.95 + their shipping is expensive. At lest $20.00 Wow sells alot of older helis. Granted they converted to metal geared sevos. So we have $320.00 for outdated product.
Bang good sells V450D03 for $237.00 free shipping, plus just got code for 12% discount. Discount will come to about $25.00. So about $210.00-$215.00 to my door. Money I save buyV922 RTF also.
Lol, the electronics on the WOW PRO version are the same as the D03, so what exactly are you calling old and dated lol. If your referring to the frame that is the exact reason you SHOULD buy the D01 as it is based on the highly popular Align Sport frame which is twice as durable as the D01 and parts are found everywhere, whereas the D03 frame can only be bought from walkera resellers so when they stop producing the D03 guess what... your boned lol.

Ive owned both so take it from me and the dozens on here who have also owned both, the D03 was a step backward. But in the end its your money ;-)
Apr 24, 2013, 07:01 PM
It's a good low price for a 450 but it does limit your options if you want better servos or other parts. The D01, you basically have to buy a whole new set of electronics for it anyway the stock servos, motor and ESC have all been replaced by those that fly them. I had one servo fail in the box and the motor shaft broke in flight. The ESC is very basic and has failed on many too.
I think the D03 is a better RTF but if you really want a good 450 just go straight to a TRex. Though, they aren't perfect they are a level or two ahead.

EDIT: oh... the electronics are the same on both? Then forget what I wrote. The D03 is all of the weak parts of the D01 with the good bits removed.
Save up and buy something else. Tarot maybe?
Apr 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
Good valid points about one verses other. Wow hobbies is close for shipping.
Their support is horrid. They take your order/ payment fine. Have a problem and you never hear from them. I may just go Blade heli as their support is excellent +.
Anyway V200D01 flys just fine for now and enjoy the simple air time with it.
May 03, 2013, 08:26 AM
V200D01 all is well. Sure like this heli. I was going to get the improved V450D03 over old V450D01 but may just go for 300X Blade heli. My local ACE hardware sells Blade helis. I can order from them.
May 08, 2013, 10:27 PM
Last year at this time just started to fly 9958's/ V911's. Then last July ordered the then new V929. Later the Walkrea Ladybirds etc. My dream heli at that time was V200D01 Brusless w/ 2402D TX combo. Bought XL 100 Exceed rebranded Genius c/p as X-heli had them on sale For $112.000. Finally late last summer bought V200D01. I ran it up but did not want to break it. Feb of this year started to flu micro c/p. No stunting just in normal mode. Then decided its time for V200 to fly. It was easy as pie. Handkes really fine and awesome sound.
I have been extra careful flying this and about 15 flights on it so far but more will be added from now on. Very clean smooth flying heli. Powerful and able flyer.
May 09, 2013, 01:56 PM
Put several real nice flights on this bird today. What a delite to fly. Heli can move out pretty quick if you want to. Yes its not a c/p and may not be your cup of tea. What it is a very nice heli and does exactly what a real one can do flight wise. I am well aware of tail but forwarned is foerarmed. so for a 4 ch FBL f/p 200 size this is Rockin Rolla brushless fine flying machine !!
May 11, 2013, 09:24 AM
Shame seems no interst in this heli.. I know c/p's are big item and i have those also. This is a very nice heli and flys well. Better order some tail gears before parts dry up. I'm not ego tripper that has to fly a heli like its having a fit. I have never seen a full scale heli doing flips/ inverted/ etc. Some stunts look cool, other just look crazy. To each their own.
May 11, 2013, 09:28 AM
I just got some new blades for mine but it's been too windy or too wet out to fly this FP.
I agree though, setup well, it's a great little bird to putt about with. Teaches the basics reasonably well and apart from the sacrificial main gear it's a nice little flier.
May 11, 2013, 11:35 PM
I have been real careful with this heli as do not want to bust it up. I know tail gears are easy to strip. I bought this last summer and was just flying V911's etc. I tried it and seemed way sensitive and put away. Few months back started to fly Super F/P/ MSR-X and after I became decent with FBL helis gave it a go. It flys great. No drift or TBE either. Rock solid and pleasure to fly. It is no harder to fly than Super F/P.
May 12, 2013, 03:37 PM
Suspended Account
Just ordered 3 MG servos from BG for my MasterCP and spare boom and tail blade. Hoping to get this bird up flying again. My friend crashed it while switching to ST mode since I had set the gyro to 50% for that mode. I only fly normal mode at the moment still training. I really like how easy it is to remove the servos. Walkera did a fantastic job on ease of repair..too bad stock servos are trash. Next week I'm gonna get the Esky D700 3G ARF to fill in the 450 size category. After that I'll probably jump to 600 size Beam Avantgarde..and after that a SAB Goblin 770...

Anyway I just love the way the MasterCP looks and sounds...narrow shark mouth canopy, thick robust landing gear.

As for my V200D01, I really need to buy a Devo compatible rx so I could fly it with my 8S. The WK-2403 tx that came with this RTF sucks.
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; May 12, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
May 12, 2013, 03:51 PM
I have two Master c/p's and got them from X-heli. They are same price as a Micro 100 size. I have complete set of Walkrea MGS and some Exi MGS. .
I have hovered both and real soon get going on them. I have been working with
V200D01/9116/S/P328/ MSR-X/Super F/P plus Quads. I got tired of sim as scale to life is way different. So grunt. pucker time. I fly MCP-X's/ Genius c/p/ and year of 4 ch f/p, so its time. V200D01 is close to MC/P.
Take my birds to club house and fly in much bigger area. V200D01/ Master c/p should work out fine.
May 13, 2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post

As for my V200D01, I really need to buy a Devo compatible rx so I could fly it with my 8S. The WK-2403 tx that came with this RTF sucks.
Alternatively, make the switch to Deviation firmware in your TX and fly both the WK2403 protocol and Devo protocol birds from the same TX...

http://www.deviationtx.com/

It's a steep learning curve at first but very powerful if you take the leap.
May 13, 2013, 07:39 AM
I know many hate Devo 7 Tx but all but one of my Walkrea's are bound to my Devo 7. From Ladybirds/ to V400D02. Hundreds of combined flying and never a glitch or issue. If I can swing it I may get a Devo 10. Devo 8s is nice but pricey. I
have about a dozen flights on V200D01 and its fine. I bought battery from Wow hobbies and its rated 1350ma. Same size but higher cap., stock battery works fine.
May 31, 2013, 07:52 PM
This is a very nice sport flying heli. FBL Brushless and gear driven tail. This is not a beginner heli and moves pretty quick if you want it to. If you like to just cruise around and do some scale type flying this is a good machine. Good size and about as big as you want to go for indoors. It will fly outside but it is F/P heli.
Don't take off from grass, make a portable heli-pad. Get grass in those gears and blow out tail group. Bird sounds awesome flying and no doubt you are flying a heli. This is a hobby grade machine and not a flying junk yard like 9116/ F-45.

Quick Reply