Hobby King EPO ParkJet ARF "Floats like a kitten" - Page 2 - RC Groups
Jan 03, 2011, 02:30 PM
will this thing fly with a 1300mAh 3s LiPo, or will the stock setup get up in smoke with that kind of battery?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugePanic
thatīs "gentle"????
Lol was thinking the same. If No damage thats impressive.
Jan 04, 2011, 02:09 PM
how is the stock prop? from what I read you shoudl upgrade it but nobody gives me teh specifics of what to get.
I hate props. so cnofusing with all the specs and to make it harder hole sizes :|
I am looking to get this but dont have any pusher setups yet.
Jan 04, 2011, 09:35 PM
The Earth got in the way!
I just ordered 2 with 2 2700kv motors. 1 for me and 1 for my buddy. I have about 10 30amp esc's laying around so I didn't need any of those. It should be a nice little rocket ship brother to our Strykers. I'll be cutting down a Stryker mount to use instead of that crappy stock mount.
Jan 05, 2011, 04:07 AM
German Engineering.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecszone
how is the stock prop? from what I read you shoudl upgrade it but nobody gives me teh specifics of what to get.
I hate props. so cnofusing with all the specs and to make it harder hole sizes :|
I am looking to get this but dont have any pusher setups yet.

with your next order just get a amp/watt meter. This makes it much more easy to select props.

Just measure the static amps/watts of your setup, and you will see if it's flyable.... (at least if the motor is not soooo wrong to the overall setup)

if you know your static watt/amps, you can fly and improve the prop later with flight testing.......
Jan 11, 2011, 05:37 AM
Slope fanatic
I just got an EPO ParkJet in the mail yesterday. Got to put it together and go for a test ride.
Jan 11, 2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomlin
I just got an EPO ParkJet in the mail yesterday. Got to put it together and go for a test ride.
Sounds good. With which LiPo will you fly it?
Jan 11, 2011, 02:43 PM
Slope fanatic
I've got some unused 3S 1000mAh packs. I think they'll fit the bill.

Oh.. It's "built" by now! 5 beads of high temp hot melt glue to the EPO and motor mount. Some CA for the carbon rods and the skids, and it's done. That's a seriously fast "build". Got to figure out which receiver to put in it and where to put it and the battery to balance it correctly.
Jan 11, 2011, 03:03 PM
When mine gets here I'm going with a Rino 3s 1350 30c. I'll be using a Turnighy 2700kv, 30 amp esc, 6x5prop, and I'll be cutting down a Stryker motor mount. I'll carbon reinforce the elevons and run a spar through the wings and body It should be here any day.
Jan 23, 2011, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
When mine gets here I'm going with a Rino 3s 1350 30c. I'll be using a Turnighy 2700kv, 30 amp esc, 6x5prop, and I'll be cutting down a Stryker motor mount. I'll carbon reinforce the elevons and run a spar through the wings and body It should be here any day.
sounds like fun!
Jan 23, 2011, 02:55 PM
Size compared to the Stryker.

With the Stryker mount and the Turnigy 2700kv
Jan 24, 2011, 10:31 AM
Slope fanatic
Mine flew this weekend! Flew rather nicely with a Turnigy 3S 1000mAh 25-35C as far aft as possible. Quicker than I expected but no speed demon!

Thumbs up!
Feb 25, 2011, 09:10 PM
Here is my parkjet with createx water base colors and 240 watts of power
Jun 02, 2011, 12:40 AM
Runduck looking Sweet, what is your Setup?....
Jun 19, 2011, 10:38 PM
ok for you guys that dont know about the kitty part you just velcro it to the plane and thro the whole kit n kabootal in the water and watch it fly the cat makes it go like hell. and if you dont want a floater invert the cat