Nov 01, 2017, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsPop
Hey, hey, that's what I used! Good old Easton aluminum that a guy at the archery store gave me. He gave me a whole bag of cut-off piece parts of carbon fiber and aluminum arrows where they custom built arrows for people and some of them were almost whole arrows that I guess had been cut off just a little short. Even short pieces can be used for wing mounts, reinforcements, all kinds of stuff. Amazing what you can find a use for when you've got a whole trash bag of them sitting around.
I absolutely love making stuff out of good quality materials that are getting thrown out! Always checking out the dumpster / skips at work during office refits.

I sort of maiden'd the plane.

It went forwards.

It went forwards faster.

It went up to about 20 feet quickly.

I panicked.

It 'landed' agressively.

The prop fell to pieces.

No other damage, will bring spares next go!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2018, 09:10 PM
hi, im new bie
what about CG point?
50 inch version
Mar 12, 2018, 08:43 PM
Build, crash...repeat

Depron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddogy
The foamboard seems very light, it comes from hobbycraft and I paid £10 for four a1 sheets, seemed reasonable. It looks a lot like the dollar store board on FT. It is 5mm thick with a fairly shiny strong paper either side.

Anyways, I've assembled the whole thing now and weighs in at 540g. I was impressed with that as I just put on the beefy 3c 2200 lipo as the 3c 1300 hasn't arrived yet. I assumed the 2200 would be too heavy but I might just try it as is. Am I right in thinking that the two batteries will perform about the same but for different durations?

COG is about at about a third of the wing from the leading edge 1st time I tried a finger balance.

So we'll see what happens when I get a free couple of hours, the park is quiet and I get the bottle to maiden it!

I'm prepared to bring it back in pieces.
Hey bigredogy
They make Depron right in UK and Iím sure you can either buy it somewhere or order it. Check depronfoam.com. £62 for 20 big sheets for the aero flavor or less for regular . Not bad for good stuff!
Mar 14, 2018, 11:00 AM
The hobbyking "depron" isn't bad either - £22 for 20 sheets (+ delivery) for 1000mmx500mm
Mar 26, 2018, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ40
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4dgwOJRVJc
Built a twin TTP a little while ago. Finally got a video of it today. Flies good so now I am going to put some fpv stuff on it.
can you share design of this plane? :bắp rang bơ:

Quick Reply