Jun 24, 2003, 07:32 AM
Thread OP

High Aspect from Art Hobby converted!

I converted a High Aspect from Art Hobby to electro. The fuselage is extremely narrow, so it is VERY difficult tu put everything in it. But it works:

Kontronik Fun 400/28, 5,2-Gear
8x zapped 1700 AUP
MGM TMM 80A BEC (later a 40A BEC will do the job)
16x13 Graupner CAM

It flies abolutely great. The airfoil works superb. In Themal-Mode it gets really slow and you almost can walk with it, then put it into Speed-Mode it is extremely fast. It does fly very gentle, circles superb and landings are a breeze.

smoo
to remove ads between posts
Jun 24, 2003, 08:08 AM
...thermal ? ...where ?
smoo,
do you have some pics to post here ? It would be nice.

emanuele
Jun 24, 2003, 08:21 AM
Thread OP
Yes, I have some pics, but they are still in my digicam. I will fly today also and maybe can take some more shots. Today i will fly the it as a pure glider ( I have two noses). To get the second nose, I had to order a second fuselage, because ArtHobby didn't want to sell me a nose alone. It flys so good that I am not angry anymore about that arrogance.
BTW: It looks weird in the air. High Aspect and SAL-Tail and the extremely narrow fuselage. Weird but very cool.
Jun 24, 2003, 08:39 AM
...thermal ? ...where ?
Did you get it directly from USA ?
How much are shipping charges to Europe?
Thanks.
Jun 24, 2003, 09:56 AM
Thread OP
No, I ordered it from ED-Modellbau in Germany (www.ed-modellbau.de). But Art Hobby is located in Poland. They would have selled it directly I think. But no one was willing to sell a Nose...
Compared to my Omega 3m (Lobo or Giga) it can fly faster AND slower. Must be a killermachine with a Vario because it can pass downwind extremely fast. To bad it is not whinchproof, I would use it as a F3J.
Jun 24, 2003, 11:33 AM
Smoo,

Do you what amps, thrust, pitch speed you are pulling with that setup? I have a 400/28 sitting around looking for a home. thx

jofo
Jun 25, 2003, 01:47 AM
Thread OP
@ Jofo, I didn't measure. But yesterday I tried a 15x13 Aeronaut. This one was even better. Around 27 Amps i'd say. The Power was "almost" to much for the plane. It climbed at around 60%. The 400-28 is VERY good. Light, strong and efficient.
Jun 25, 2003, 05:24 AM
...thermal ? ...where ?
Art Hobby in Poland ? I thought it was in Montana !
At least I found an r/c web site named: http://www.arthobby.com and they also carry High Aspect 3.1m
Jun 25, 2003, 07:53 AM
MTT
MTT
I care about rising air !
Art Hobby is the importer here in the U.S. , but the planes are actually manufactured in Poland.

And as smoo said, in Europe you can get them from ed-modellbau in Germany, don't know if there are other dealers in Europe.

Michael
Last edited by MTT; Jun 25, 2003 at 07:55 AM.
Jun 25, 2003, 04:18 PM
GO!!!
smoo

Just how unwinchproof is it. I mean does it break up on a reasonably fast launch or will it stand all but a full pedal maximum attack launch?
Jun 26, 2003, 03:51 AM
Thread OP
Honestly, I don't know. But I don't think it will take a full whinch launch. Otherwise it would be a good F3J-machine.
I did a pretty fast dive with the electro (1750 Gramms) and the wing didn't bend at all.
Jun 27, 2003, 01:49 AM
former RC pilot
As an FYI -

Art Hobby USA currently has the electric noses for this plane. I just received 3, and they are beautiful. As stated above, the powered version of this plane is simply amazing - fast, slow, relaxing, exhilerating, .... fun!!
Jun 27, 2003, 02:30 AM
Thread OP
No, they dont sell noses alone. Art Hobby USA told me that I can buy a High Force (no Aspcet) fuselage, but not only the nose. I wrote about 10 nice emails to them, but it was not possible. But anyway it is a really cool plane. Do you fly a High Force already?
Jun 27, 2003, 12:50 PM
Castle's Chaos Corner
The wings on these planes are amazingly strong. They will bend a lot on a full winch launch (12 volt ford, real balls winch) back off a little and they are fine. They will Zoom really well off a winch, and make a really good competition TD ship. And you can laugh all the way to the bank.
Jun 27, 2003, 02:45 PM
GO!!!
Can we have some pictures please?

Quick Reply