Jul 23, 2010, 07:54 PM
STO
STO
Thread OP
Discussion

reversing problem with EARTHQUAKE 8E

I bought my wife a Recat Racing Earthquake 8E for Mother's Day and since day 1 have had problems with the reverse function. Somtimes it would go into reverse when the switch is pushed forward but mostly just wouldn't work. Took it back to my LHS and the guy figured it was an ESC issue so we ordered a new one and several weeks later it arrived. Hooked up the new one and tested it out. Same problem. Goes forward but when you stop, it won't reverse.

Anyone else have this issue with a Redcat truck? I'm a plane and Heli guy so this is all new to me.

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2010, 08:24 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Some esc will require you to go reverse for stoping and then letting go of the trigger and then back again for reverse.

Maybe you have throttle centering issues that could cause weird effects on the reverse. Make sure when you are in neutral that your esc is really in neutral.

You can always contact alishanmao on youtube who is their spokes person for help if none is offered here.

EarthQuake 8E Unleashing the Monster (3 min 29 sec)
Jul 24, 2010, 08:26 AM
STO
STO
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Some esc will require you to go reverse for stoping and then letting go of the trigger and then back again for reverse.

Maybe you have throttle centering issues that could cause weird effects on the reverse. Make sure when you are in neutral that your esc is really in neutral.

You can always contact alishanmao on youtube who is their spokes person for help if none is offered here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmraZ1aPB_A
Thanks. I re-calibrated the throttle settings and with double clicking for reverse it is now working. Phew! Expensive little sucker so we wanted to make sure it would work properly. So different from my planes....at least you don't have to be grounded due to wind

Quick Reply