Jun 13, 2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msev
So it still stands that a 2s lipo would be good? Nontheless I'll have to bench test it to see... Do I have to cool the vtx with some fan if I do bench testing?
It sounds like the answer may be "Lawmate needs full 12 volts, others probably work down to 8 volts or a little lower". I would use this for advice, but test my system to make sure.

A good rule to follow is that if the vtx is too hot to hold firmly (don't flex the case by squeezing too tight) in your hand then you should power down and supply more cooling before powering back up.

Security video transmitters have an extruded aluminum heatsink case and are designed to work without a fan. FPVer's usually take the heavy heatsink case off, mount them on the outside of the aircraft so the breeze can cool then, and then need to make sure they stay cool if run without air flow for an extended time.

On the one hand, there are reports of fried transmitters (high powered versions of some brands) from a few minutes of ground operation. On the other hand, you will have less of a problem in cold winter weather and some stuff doesn't get destructively hot, but better safe than sorry.

Cliff
Last edited by TheOtherCliff; Jun 13, 2011 at 04:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime
Ok, I have to ask what might otherwise be a stupid question (but I know questions aren't stupid....only answers can be stupid )

Why is no-one using their standard tx (DX8 for example) with better antenna's - tracker / diversity - all that stuff at 2.4Ghz??
Use what you have to start with. Don't use 2.4g video with 2.4g RC or 1.2x video without an antenna filter with 2.4g rc. "Park flyer" systems (short range RC) will get you in trouble because you will want to fly farther than you can.

Other than that, do whatever line of sight ground range tests you can with your the video transmitter switched on and before flying the first time.

When flying farther than you have done before, shield the transmitter a little and if you get a lock out, unshield, fly back and use that for your max range (which can differ from day to day).

I would give this advice regardless of what frequency your RC and video is.

Cliff
Jun 14, 2011, 05:07 PM
VisionLeon
a heve one of this from hobbyking and is not working any more , i use mine 3 months and when i conetc to a new eagle tree system stop working , and a try again whit 200mw and burn too
Jun 16, 2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionleon
a heve one of this from hobbyking and is not working any more , i use mine 3 months and when i conetc to a new eagle tree system stop working , and a try again whit 200mw and burn too
Still broken after you disconnect from Eagle Tree?

Is the power correct (voltage and plus/minus) with new Eagle Tree wiring?

Cliff
Jun 17, 2011, 08:56 AM
What are freq, of Sunsky 1.2Ghz 800mw aka Fox-800

Thanks
Jun 17, 2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flye
What are freq, of Sunsky 1.2Ghz 800mw aka Fox-800

Thanks
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8&d=1261432777
Jun 17, 2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks HF ATL
Jun 18, 2011, 03:33 AM
Thread OP
Hi,

I need serious reviews of the Systems sold on 1.2Ghz by Hobbyking to add to the first page.
Jun 18, 2011, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacei
Hi,

I need serious reviews of the Systems sold on 1.2Ghz by Hobbyking to add to the first page.
HK is selling 1.2Ghz systems now??
Jun 18, 2011, 03:44 AM
You can't take the sky from me
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacei
AFAIK there are no 1.2GHz systems sold by HobbyKing.
Jun 18, 2011, 03:59 AM
Thread OP
Indeed
Jun 18, 2011, 02:59 PM
Up up and away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FpvKiwi
I opened up my VRx, thinking the RSSI wire might pick up RF noise. But look.. the crystal is RUSTY! It's not older than 6 months. I don't know if it degrades image quality but I'm certainly not comfortable with it. The crystal on my other VRx reads "F4.000" so I'll replace it with a new 4MHz crystal. Thoughts?
I replaced my rusty crystal with a new 4 MHz one. The VRx still works so it's the correct frequency.
Now to proceed to replace the SAW filter.
Jun 28, 2011, 04:09 PM
answered.
Last edited by imdone; Jun 29, 2011 at 02:32 AM.
Jul 03, 2011, 05:47 PM
The way of being is doing.
Hi,
someone has actually measured the real power output from the Sunsky 1,2ghz 800mW ?
Jul 03, 2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV
Hi,
someone has actually measured the real power output from the Sunsky 1,2ghz 800mW ?
It varies but last I heard it was measured at about 500mW on ch9 (1280Mhz).
I've been out 6 miles with Vee on the FOX800 Tx and 8dB patch on the Rx and
could have gone further. It's more than enough power for 99% of the FPV pilots here.

ian

Quick Reply