Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
Matt, yeah i did guess a bit, looking at the 3 veiw and pictures, cut and sand till it looks close. it could be a float plane given enough power for takeoff, just be sure to strengthen that tail as its pretty skinny.

Nick, it sure is a floater, just about a brisk walk. the eps is from my collection of foam that i have been saving for years i think this stuff came in a shelf kit from Shopko.

some Hobbytowns carry sheets of EPS for train sets that should work. they also carry a small hotwire cutter that could work for cutting 4" wide sheets if set up right.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:57 PM
fizzledrixx
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while fizzledrixx edits it.
Aug 10, 2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzledrixx
i dont like
youre plane. funny landing gear.sloppily built.

and youre picture??? i think you should change the low quality pic dood
I don't like you're punctuation and grammar. I think you should change funny sloppily.low quality typing dood..
Aug 10, 2010, 08:58 PM
Storm Runner guy
It's ok Svede and Derk, he'll be off back to YouTube soon enough. Intelligent talk bores children.

Glad about the 6mm swap. I did something similar recently on a 5g aircraft, which showed a great difference. Plane would barely manage level flight with a 4mm and was a rocket on a 6mm. The weight penalty was far outweighed by the performance increase. If i'd have read this thread first I might have saved the bother !
After looking at a Twin Otter and the famous short runway of Saba, i'm leaning toward a thinner longer wing trial on micro planes...probably one of these Virus's.
Any chance of video Derk ?