Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Thread Tools
Old May 14, 2011, 07:51 AM
Steve91t is offline
Find More Posts by Steve91t
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongreen123 View Post
My landing gear fell last night, conveniantly right after takeoff. Is this common and how can i prevent it? Thanks!
It hasn't happened to me, but I've read about it happening on here. I think a little glue is all you need. Hot glue is what I would use.

Steve
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2011, 07:52 AM
robusp is offline
Find More Posts by robusp
Takeoff=Option Landing=Must
robusp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongreen123 View Post
My landing gear fell last night, conveniantly right after takeoff. Is this common and how can i prevent it? Thanks!
The wire came out of plastic, or plastic with wire from fuse?

Glue the plastic in the fuse even if didn't come out (it will)
I put couple of tiny screws in the plastic piece at an angle to retain the wire.

Rob
Last edited by robusp; May 14, 2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old May 14, 2011, 08:23 AM
aarongreen123 is offline
Find More Posts by aarongreen123
Registered User
The wire came out of plastic, had the pleasure of the plastic coming out on first flight:-)
Old May 15, 2011, 11:56 PM
bonnie9496 is offline
Find More Posts by bonnie9496
Fighting Gravity
bonnie9496's Avatar
Well.........second flight on the Extra 300 after the maiden disaster and ALL GOOD. The CG was the problem! Battery was all the way forward and the plane lifted off beautifully after brief taxi over grass. Set the flight timer for 6 minutes. Did some basic manovers and was pleased. It flew inverted beautifully. Had a bit of a tip stall coming off an inside loop at a lower speed.
Landing no problems, however did use up some grass!
Old May 16, 2011, 08:22 AM
shung1 is offline
Find More Posts by shung1
Registered User
shung1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie9496 View Post
Well.........second flight on the Extra 300 after the maiden disaster and ALL GOOD. The CG was the problem! Battery was all the way forward and the plane lifted off beautifully after brief taxi over grass. Set the flight timer for 6 minutes. Did some basic manovers and was pleased. It flew inverted beautifully. Had a bit of a tip stall coming off an inside loop at a lower speed.
Landing no problems, however did use up some grass!
Are you using 2200mAh batteries? if so, after you have done your 6min flight and you put the battery on charge do you know how much is left?
I use 2200 batteries and am trying to work out how much time i can get out of it without exceeding the cutoff point?
Old May 16, 2011, 09:02 AM
Steve91t is offline
Find More Posts by Steve91t
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie9496 View Post
Well.........second flight on the Extra 300 after the maiden disaster and ALL GOOD. The CG was the problem! Battery was all the way forward and the plane lifted off beautifully after brief taxi over grass. Set the flight timer for 6 minutes. Did some basic manovers and was pleased. It flew inverted beautifully. Had a bit of a tip stall coming off an inside loop at a lower speed.
Landing no problems, however did use up some grass!
Good job!


Quote:
Originally Posted by shung1 View Post
Are you using 2200mAh batteries? if so, after you have done your 6min flight and you put the battery on charge do you know how much is left?
I use 2200 batteries and am trying to work out how much time i can get out of it without exceeding the cutoff point?
I use a 2200 and I tested it once to see what the absolute limit is. With moderate flying, I hit cut off at about 8-9 minutes.

I shoot for about 6 minutes.

Steve
Old May 16, 2011, 09:10 AM
ChrisWNY is offline
Find More Posts by ChrisWNY
Gone Flying.
ChrisWNY's Avatar
That's about my avg. as well, 5-6 minutes and the 2200mAh packs come back with about 3.8V per cell. I could probably squeeze out an extra minute or two, depends on how I'm flying though. If I'm gliding around I can fly a lot longer...
Old May 16, 2011, 10:26 AM
bonnie9496 is offline
Find More Posts by bonnie9496
Fighting Gravity
bonnie9496's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shung1 View Post
Are you using 2200mAh batteries? if so, after you have done your 6min flight and you put the battery on charge do you know how much is left?
I use 2200 batteries and am trying to work out how much time i can get out of it without exceeding the cutoff point?
Yes I used a 2200mAH battery with 11x7 prop And actually I did check. Put 1320mAH back so imagine max flight time would be 8 minutes. It all depends on the flying style. Mine today was a mix, but mostly pretty mild.
Old May 16, 2011, 05:30 PM
shung1 is offline
Find More Posts by shung1
Registered User
shung1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie9496 View Post
Yes I used a 2200mAH battery with 11x7 prop And actually I did check. Put 1320mAH back so imagine max flight time would be 8 minutes. It all depends on the flying style. Mine today was a mix, but mostly pretty mild.
I'm using the 12x6 prop (slows it down heaps for landings) and have my timer set at 6min. My flying is also a mix, cruising around at 3/4 & full thru turns & loops. Put it back on charge and it reads 3.7 per cell. So yeh i'd say max flight would be opprox 8min.
How are you finding the 11x7 prop?
Old May 16, 2011, 05:41 PM
Steve91t is offline
Find More Posts by Steve91t
Registered User
What's the stock size prop? I'm still using the stock one and I love it, of course I haven't tried anything else.
Old May 16, 2011, 05:50 PM
FireyFate is offline
Find More Posts by FireyFate
Registered User
FireyFate's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve91t View Post
What's the stock size prop? I'm still using the stock one and I love it, of course I haven't tried anything else.
10.5x9
Old May 16, 2011, 07:56 PM
jshall755 is offline
Find More Posts by jshall755
Jay Bird
jshall755's Avatar
I use an 8 minute timer and I'm always between 70-80% capacity with my 2200mah packs.
Old May 16, 2011, 08:22 PM
Ben82 is offline
Find More Posts by Ben82
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve91t View Post
What's the stock size prop? I'm still using the stock one and I love it, of course I haven't tried anything else.
I'm with you on that one Steve I've tried various other props and very much prefer the speed from the stock prop.

Whilest on the subject of props has anyone got ideas on a prop to get more speed on the stock setup. My guess would be that your probably limited as the power 15 is 950 Kv
Old May 17, 2011, 12:16 AM
bonnie9496 is offline
Find More Posts by bonnie9496
Fighting Gravity
bonnie9496's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by shung1 View Post
I'm using the 12x6 prop (slows it down heaps for landings) and have my timer set at 6min. My flying is also a mix, cruising around at 3/4 & full thru turns & loops. Put it back on charge and it reads 3.7 per cell. So yeh i'd say max flight would be opprox 8min.
How are you finding the 11x7 prop?
Have only used the 11x7 as I broke the original on the maiden flight crash. The 11x7 was one I had sitting around and it did the job. Will try a few different props once I get comfortable with the plane. At this stage am satisfied with the speed. Would imagine a power 25 setup would really get things moving
Old May 17, 2011, 04:19 AM
Tony K is offline
Find More Posts by Tony K
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshall755 View Post
I use an 8 minute timer and I'm always between 70-80% capacity with my 2200mah packs.
That's about what I hit on the 2200's. I set timer for 7 minutes, then I have a minute or so to bring it in. Usually hitting around 3.8 per cell. And that's with pretty aggressive flying.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone's F4F Wildcat Owners Thread ChuckTseeker Electric Warbirds 18215 Today 12:57 AM
Discussion Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP Owners thread tdriedger Micro Ready-to-Fly 3040 Sep 11, 2016 12:14 AM
Cool Its here!!!! Parkzone extra 300 lightspeeddud Parkflyers 26 May 31, 2010 09:34 PM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 04:00 PM
Parkzone F-27 Stryker owners--Are you happy with it? BuzzBomber Parkflyers 43 Mar 21, 2008 11:49 PM