Parkzone Extra 300 Happy Owners Thread - Page 174 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Jan 03, 2013, 06:00 AM
Registered User
mrmurder1975's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie
So if I loose one of my planes/gliders and it's heading East I'll give you a shout ...

There ment to fly faster aswell without the drag of the undercarrage.
Think you could allso fit a folding prop/spinner,but I'm not 100% on that

One thing I do know is that fly very well once you get use to them,,, the Extra was my first plane after only ever flying gliders, I took to it straight away and even talked a friend into buying one too,now my friend and myself use our 300's for combat fun when we get bored at the club field.
Mind you we use our Radians for Combat aswell

Sean
lol ok,just shout and i will send the stryker up to chase it down...it might arrive back to you in a bin bag though,mixed in with parts of my stryker!

im not too worried as to if i will be able to handle it as im fairly experienced (famous last words!) and i would imagine it handles a lot like the my mx2. miss that plane,sold it to fund the f27q but have since decided i want a dragger back in the fleet seeing as though all my planes/wings are pushers.

could also do with brushing up on my aerobatics and the 300 seems like the ideal platform for that.

was in 2 minds if i should get this or another mx2, but i love the orange on this bird. that should really stand out once its up in the air.

folding prop sounds like an excellent idea considering its going to be on its belly a lot. should save me some cash on props. don't see why you could not run a folding prop on it,unless anyone can tell me different?

just made up my mind for sure....im going to go for the 300. now....if my birthday would just hurry up and come around!....

maybe we could set them up for fpv and do a bit of combat over the Irish sea...?! me on my coast and you on yours and i'll meet you in the middle?! lol
Last edited by mrmurder1975; Jan 03, 2013 at 06:08 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2013, 08:41 PM
Registered User
I've been hand launching and belly landing mine for the last three months or so and it has been fine. I've got a 'matched' nitro prop ( as close as I can get to the stock electric prop) which is much tougher and no worries with breakage. However, it is always a risk so get a few spares.
Jan 04, 2013, 12:30 PM
Registered User
mrmurder1975's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercerMaggot
I've been hand launching and belly landing mine for the last three months or so and it has been fine. I've got a 'matched' nitro prop ( as close as I can get to the stock electric prop) which is much tougher and no worries with breakage. However, it is always a risk so get a few spares.
]

ok thanks for the info mate.glad it hand launches and belly lands well. will get a few spare props in too...just in case.
Jan 05, 2013, 01:56 PM
Registered User

What happened?


Has anyone experienced a wing ripping from the fuselage during flight? I was flying for the 2nd time this morning when it appears as though the left wing ripped from the fuselage causing it to then be pulled from the receiver and stop responding. Needless to say, the plane went straight down from there and hit on the right wing and nose. The plane is a total loss. I don't know that HH will repair this or make it right since there is no way to prove what happened.

This was not a transmitter issue. I sent my Super Cub up immediately after and it flew quite well. I'm so mad. $229. 1.5 flights. Total loss.
Jan 05, 2013, 02:05 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebales
Has anyone experienced a wing ripping from the fuselage during flight? I was flying for the 2nd time this morning when it appears as though the left wing ripped from the fuselage causing it to then be pulled from the receiver and stop responding. Needless to say, the plane went straight down from there and hit on the right wing and nose. The plane is a total loss. I don't know that HH will repair this or make it right since there is no way to prove what happened.

This was not a transmitter issue. I sent my Super Cub up immediately after and it flew quite well. I'm so mad. $229. 1.5 flights. Total loss.
Sorry to hear of your lose,,,, but.....
Did you fit the two little screws that hold the wings in place... ?

Sean
Jan 05, 2013, 02:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie
Sorry to hear of your lose,,,, but.....
Did you fit the two little screws that hold the wings in place... ?

Sean
Yeah, that's what actually ripped out. The little plastic piece the screws go in literally RIPPED from the fuselage.
Jan 05, 2013, 02:41 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
jgalexander's Avatar
Those little plates started wiggling loose on mine as well (after lots of installs/uninstalls, wing bumps, & the occasional funky landing). I reglued them when I noticed and haven't had any problems since.
J
Jan 05, 2013, 03:20 PM
Registered User
bladeguy5's Avatar
I actually place a beed of ca on the edge where the wings meets the fuse...
Jan 05, 2013, 03:40 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebales
Yeah, that's what actually ripped out. The little plastic piece the screws go in literally RIPPED from the fuselage.
Thats too bad,I'd get intouch with HH and see if they can replace your Extra with a new one,,,, then when you get your new one check the little white plastic things are glued in tight...

How bad is the damage... Got photos...?

Sean
Jan 05, 2013, 03:42 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander
Those little plates started wiggling loose on mine as well (after lots of installs/uninstalls, wing bumps, & the occasional funky landing). I reglued them when I noticed and haven't had any problems since.
J
Same here ,re-glue when I noticed the wobbly wings....

Sean
Jan 05, 2013, 04:04 PM
Registered User
mrmurder1975's Avatar
hope you are not asking hh uk to replace your plane. when i asked them to send me some control horn back plates for my stryker,that should of been fitted before i bought it (it was a week old) they told me to buy them myself. and when i tried to reason with them,they just ignored my emails. something norris his name was....if you are going to ask them to replace the plane,try and avoid him. he is not helpful and rude. good luck mate.
Jan 05, 2013, 04:37 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
skyhawk newbie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder1975
hope you are not asking hh uk to replace your plane. when i asked them to send me some control horn back plates for my stryker,that should of been fitted before i bought it (it was a week old) they told me to buy them myself. and when i tried to reason with them,they just ignored my emails. something norris his name was....if you are going to ask them to replace the plane,try and avoid him. he is not helpful and rude. good luck mate.
So,you've had a run in with John Norris aswell...

He's one of the Customer Dis-Service guys in the UK..

He's a and a jobs worth..

So what you do is when sending HH uk a E-Maill you cc it to HH usa aswell,
then they have a record... any reply from HH uk ,forward it to HH USA if you get no joy from Mr Norris.
Letting them now that you will bad mouth them on every forum that your on...
Thats what I did the other year after buying another Radian,the fuse had not been glued together right and I wanted it replaced..
I got there in the end,,,

Sean
Jan 05, 2013, 05:43 PM
Registered User
carlostomasso's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander
Those little plates started wiggling loose on mine as well (after lots of installs/uninstalls, wing bumps, & the occasional funky landing). I reglued them when I noticed and haven't had any problems since.
J
I had to re-glue many parts, as the foam will deform from time and you have to check the weak points.
The wing suports had to be reglued, also all the control horns will become loose.
Same with the LG plastic suport.

Also i have used some doublesided tape for the cowl from inside, so when u crash the cowl will stay in one piece and u can still use it for some flights.

I had to assemble the extra every time i have used it and after use i had to dismatle the plane in to the box for transport.
1000 flights, no issues

Pre-flight check is a great thing!

Happy flying
Tomas
Jan 05, 2013, 06:08 PM
Registered User

Damage Report


Since I'd JUST put the plane together, all the parts had been checked. It's a shame. Here are some pics of the damage. You can't really see it well but the fuselage is broken all the way through. Only thing holding it together is the decals and control arms.

Makes me scared to fly my Yak now... I'll be doing a stress test on it before it goes up.
Jan 05, 2013, 07:29 PM
Registered User
mrmurder1975's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie
So,you've had a run in with John Norris aswell...

He's one of the Customer Dis-Service guys in the UK..

He's a and a jobs worth..

So what you do is when sending HH uk a E-Maill you cc it to HH usa aswell,
then they have a record... any reply from HH uk ,forward it to HH USA if you get no joy from Mr Norris.
Letting them now that you will bad mouth them on every forum that your on...
Thats what I did the other year after buying another Radian,the fuse had not been glued together right and I wanted it replaced..
I got there in the end,,,

Sean
thanks for tip sean. i will do exactly that should i have need to contact them again. must agree with you about norris... he was a right t*at! not interested in helping me out at all. the first bad experience i have had with hh uk, but it has stuck in my throat a bit.

i don't think we are asking too much as the buyers of their products,that they be fit for purpose from the box...their stuff isn't exactly cheap!

it takes a long time to build a good rep as a trusted on line shop, but a very short time to destroy it. some of these vendors would do well to remember that.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone's F4F Wildcat Owners Thread ChuckTseeker Electric Warbirds 18995 Today 06:24 AM
Discussion Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP Owners thread tdriedger Micro Ready-to-Fly 3053 Oct 01, 2017 10:03 AM
Cool Its here!!!! Parkzone extra 300 lightspeeddud Parkflyers 26 May 31, 2010 09:34 PM
Discussion The first OFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi SU-26XP BNF by ParkZone Owners thread skyjet Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Mar 19, 2010 04:00 PM
Parkzone F-27 Stryker owners--Are you happy with it? BuzzBomber Parkflyers 43 Mar 21, 2008 11:49 PM