Thread Tools
Jul 21, 2010, 08:35 PM
Was a lookin fer loomyum foral
Chophop's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

A Perv Will Sleep with the Killers for Driving an Ice Cream Truck


A Tier III sex offender was arrested yesterday for driving an ice cream truck. Now he will sleep with the killers and other thugs. I guess they just can't quit. Excuse me but I thought you'd all like this for obvious reasons.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...riffs_dep.html
Jul 22, 2010, 12:36 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
I hate reactionaries. (Wait, isn't that reactionary?)

In some states, a 9yo 'playing doctor' with a 7yo is a "sexual offense" that can be prosecuted. How utterly ridiculous.

Here's my example: A SE Texas 17yo boy and 15yo girl were hooked up by the girl's mother. Mother drove them to movies, malls, wherever. One night the 15yo 'borrowed' her mother's car, drove to the 17yo's house, climbed through the window into his bed. Meanwhile, the mother didn't know where her car went and reported it stolen.

On the way home the sheriff caught the 15yo in the 'stolen' car. Terrified, she said she'd been in bed with a boy and who he was. The 17yo was prosecuted and convicted as a sexual offender.

How do I know this story? I sponsored the 17yo's parole when he was 22 and had spent 5 years in state prison at ~$50,000 a year. That's right, a quarter million of your tax dollars and a kid forever marked for no other reason than a sheriff found out what a couple teens were doing. And only because they were 2 years apart. One year, no problem.

It's not just Texas, though it stereotypically sounds like exaggerated rightwing law and order nonsense.. California, the most 'liberal' state, has the same law.

Not that there isn't a line SOMEwhere. 18yo and 8yo is wrong in too many ways to describe. But drawing the line at 2yr and disregarding the circumstances, destroying a kid's life in the process, is reactionary. And I hate reactionary.
Last edited by arbilab; Jul 22, 2010 at 12:53 AM.
Jul 22, 2010, 02:19 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
This guy 'appears' (have to be careful what you read in 'Veiwspapers'...to be what's known in the UK as a 'Nonce' - in which case he's in for a rough ride!
Jul 22, 2010, 06:18 AM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
I hate reactionaries. (Wait, isn't that reactionary?)

In some states, a 9yo 'playing doctor' with a 7yo is a "sexual offense" that can be prosecuted. How utterly ridiculous.

Here's my example: A SE Texas 17yo boy and 15yo girl were hooked up by the girl's mother. Mother drove them to movies, malls, wherever. One night the 15yo 'borrowed' her mother's car, drove to the 17yo's house, climbed through the window into his bed. Meanwhile, the mother didn't know where her car went and reported it stolen.

On the way home the sheriff caught the 15yo in the 'stolen' car. Terrified, she said she'd been in bed with a boy and who he was. The 17yo was prosecuted and convicted as a sexual offender.

How do I know this story? I sponsored the 17yo's parole when he was 22 and had spent 5 years in state prison at ~$50,000 a year. That's right, a quarter million of your tax dollars and a kid forever marked for no other reason than a sheriff found out what a couple teens were doing. And only because they were 2 years apart. One year, no problem.

It's not just Texas, though it stereotypically sounds like exaggerated rightwing law and order nonsense.. California, the most 'liberal' state, has the same law.

Not that there isn't a line SOMEwhere. 18yo and 8yo is wrong in too many ways to describe. But drawing the line at 2yr and disregarding the circumstances, destroying a kid's life in the process, is reactionary. And I hate reactionary.
I dare say that most of us were in situations exactly like that when we were teens.
While I evaded being put in a government prison back then, I'm still in the ongoing process of paying the ultimate penalty; coming up on 40 years of being imprisoned in the quintessential prison of all.

Oh God, she's right behind me... gotta' go!
Jul 22, 2010, 07:11 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Gerald's Avatar
...
Last edited by Gerald; Dec 09, 2010 at 10:58 PM.
Jul 22, 2010, 08:20 AM
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald
Fortunately for me when I was that age, there was only a not quite 1-year difference between me and the girl. So far, I've served about 35 years of the life sentence that I received from the judge, with parole nowhere in sight.
All I got left to let me know when the life sentence is over is the death penalty.

Take me Lord.



(I am, of course, kidding about all this. It's really been a good run that will take us all the way through. )
Jul 22, 2010, 08:24 AM
Was a lookin fer loomyum foral
Chophop's Avatar
Thread OP
Sounds like an irresponsible play of law. A 17 and 15 year old is not like a mid 20-30's or older man taking advantage of a not yet aware child. It was too people separated by 2 years and it never should have even gone to court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab
I hate reactionaries. (Wait, isn't that reactionary?)

In some states, a 9yo 'playing doctor' with a 7yo is a "sexual offense" that can be prosecuted. How utterly ridiculous.

Here's my example: A SE Texas 17yo boy and 15yo girl were hooked up by the girl's mother. Mother drove them to movies, malls, wherever. One night the 15yo 'borrowed' her mother's car, drove to the 17yo's house, climbed through the window into his bed. Meanwhile, the mother didn't know where her car went and reported it stolen.

On the way home the sheriff caught the 15yo in the 'stolen' car. Terrified, she said she'd been in bed with a boy and who he was. The 17yo was prosecuted and convicted as a sexual offender.

How do I know this story? I sponsored the 17yo's parole when he was 22 and had spent 5 years in state prison at ~$50,000 a year. That's right, a quarter million of your tax dollars and a kid forever marked for no other reason than a sheriff found out what a couple teens were doing. And only because they were 2 years apart. One year, no problem.

It's not just Texas, though it stereotypically sounds like exaggerated rightwing law and order nonsense.. California, the most 'liberal' state, has the same law.

Not that there isn't a line SOMEwhere. 18yo and 8yo is wrong in too many ways to describe. But drawing the line at 2yr and disregarding the circumstances, destroying a kid's life in the process, is reactionary. And I hate reactionary.
Jul 22, 2010, 08:52 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop
Sounds like an irresponsible play of law. A 17 and 15 year old is not like a mid 20-30's or older man taking advantage of a not yet aware child. It was too people separated by 2 years and it never should have even gone to court.
Agree... although for the OP case. His crime was one of lets see he is 23 now, convicted of sexual imposition with an 8 year old in 2006.
So he would have been 18-19 at the time of his crime with an 8 year old.

The real question is how did he get out after 4 years of time?
Jul 22, 2010, 09:03 AM
Was a lookin fer loomyum foral
Chophop's Avatar
Thread OP
Probably to try to save money and show mercy on a first offense. They guy has a looooooooose screw to try to work on an ice cream truck after such a conviction.
Is it an evil spirit in a human body ,sent here by God for us to teach a lesson, or only a defective biological machine with a badly wired brain ?

As if parents don't have enough to worry about. I don't have a child but when someone torments my pet it's an awful feeling, I could imagine the intensity a parent of a human would feel. I'm sorry for them.
Jul 22, 2010, 10:41 AM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Like it or not, the guy violated his parole and in a very stupid way.
In essence he is going back to the big house for being an idiot.
Jul 22, 2010, 10:45 AM
No Country for Snowflake Men
n00b-E's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chophop
Probably to try to save money and show mercy on a first offense. They guy has a looooooooose screw to try to work on an ice cream truck after such a conviction.
Is it an evil spirit in a human body ,sent here by God for us to teach a lesson, or only a defective biological machine with a badly wired brain ?

As if parents don't have enough to worry about. I don't have a child but when someone torments my pet it's an awful feeling, I could imagine the intensity a parent of a human would feel. I'm sorry for them.
I like to think of myself as a rational guy (keep your comments to yourselves, please), but if someone harmed my children and I knew who it was, they'd better hope the police could save them.
Jul 22, 2010, 11:07 AM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
All I got left to let me know when the life sentence is over is the death penalty.

Take me Lord.



(I am, of course, kidding about all this. It's really been a good run that will take us all the way through. )


I recently had jury duty and was subjected to questions by the opposing attorneys.
This is a small town and I know almost everyone. One of the defendant's lawyers was from a big Seattle firm and during selection asked me, "sir, do you know anyone else in this room?"
Yes, Sir. Stan sitting over there goes to the same church and he is a good man. I think he really is a Christian.
Cynthia over there is real nice and our kids went through school together. I only know a few embarrassing things about her.
I often do business with Mary over there and she has always been honest and fair, especially for a real estate agent.
Judge Hancock there married my wife and I, but that is really my own fault and I could never hold it against him.

The Lawyers mouth fell open and you could have heard a pin drop....then the whole room just fell out laughing.
I was excused from jury duty that day.
Jul 22, 2010, 11:56 AM
Was a lookin fer loomyum foral
Chophop's Avatar
Thread OP
I don't know what his reason was, but he made two mistakes. An ice cream truck ? Common man, a pedophile wants to drive the ice cream truck. Sounds like comedy but it is real.
Jul 22, 2010, 03:08 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Looking at the guy I'd be leery of buying ANYthing from him, much less something to eat.
Jul 22, 2010, 03:14 PM
Do Da Dippidy
plowboy1966's Avatar
A .22 bullet costs pennies....just sayin'.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted Will trade just about new Micro-T with extras for an 18t/b roller. sonicjet Cars - Cars and Parts (FS/W) 3 Jan 19, 2010 04:34 PM
Discussion settings for a CC45 driving an Align Trex 450 RCM-BL430L motor please MikeHRC Castle Creations 2 Oct 20, 2009 04:56 AM
For Sale Will trade an ipod touch 8GB 2 GEN For nitro truck READ da40boy Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 4 Jul 16, 2009 10:39 AM
Rave The Ice Cream Man Is Coming!!!!!! jdbercic Electric Heli Talk 7 Nov 22, 2005 05:42 PM